Fan support for the Titans in Humble

one word --Pitiful!

Its your teams last game---to make the playoffs and you could have filled one big section of their side. that fan support away from home is starting to get like the old days.

Did anyone from Humble or anybody at the game take pics of PAM's side at the game? If so please post them. for a full 2 minutes the game announcers were making fun of this. I couldnt be mad cause they were right, its pitiful.

I hear what you are saying scooter; Myself and others are regulars at the games in or out of town but I understand why people are not coming out.It is due to the fact that everyone is fed up with the coaching. The kids are somewhat responsible too in that it sometimes looks like half a$$ effort is being made esp. the Wr corp. I didnt waste my time traveling to Humble this past weekend because I knew the outcome (this group of underachievers makes my head ache). I am so frustrated with Memorial I dont plan to be a HS fan much longer.patitan was in attendance and gave me the rundown each quater and they did exactly what I pictured them to do.(poor coaching and half @#$ performance).

I hear what you are saying scooter; Myself and others are regulars at the games in or out of town but I understand why people are not coming out.It is due to the fact that everyone is fed up with the coaching. The kids are somewhat responsible too in that it sometimes looks like half a$$ effort is being made esp. the Wr corp. I didnt waste my time traveling to Humble this past weekend because I knew the outcome (this group of underachievers makes my head ache). I am so frustrated with Memorial I dont plan to be a HS fan much longer.patitan was in attendance and gave me the rundown each quater and they did exactly what I pictured them to do.(poor coaching and half @#$ performance).

Listening to that game made me think of the Lee game i went to back in 2002 when that lil RB went for like 200 yds., mostly in the second half. the only wr through the year i heard was King, oh, and the Jones kid, thats it. the announcers even said they couldnt believe the way PAM was playing, in one segment of the game they said that D couldnt stop Humble's JV team.  :o:D

and yeah that was the original thought of bring all 3 schools together, boy was that a wrong thought, what the schools should have been doing is running the same scheme from the junior high on up before they even opened the school, and have the 2 4A schools playing 5A competition in the pre-district to get their feet wet.

Im not gonna lie, i thought they would actually get close to a state title appearance early in the years and be in the playoffs on a consistent basis, only the 2003 team has come close to what PAM "should" be.

Listening to that game made me think of the Lee game i went to back in 2002 when that lil RB went for like 200 yds., mostly in the second half. the only wr through the year i heard was King, oh, and the Jones kid, thats it. the announcers even said they couldnt believe the way PAM was playing, in one segment of the game they said that D couldnt stop Humble's JV team.  :o:D

and yeah that was the original thought of bring all 3 schools together, boy was that a wrong thought, what the schools should have been doing is running the same scheme from the junior high on up before they even opened the school, and have the 2 4A schools playing 5A competition in the pre-district to get their feet wet.

Im not gonna lie, i thought they would actually get close to a state title appearance early in the years and be in the playoffs on a consistent basis, only the 2003 team has come close to what PAM "should" be.

So your answer to winning in PA again is to split them up?  Right.  Austin was struggling in 2A, TJ had Colbert barely making the postseason, and who's to say Suggs would've stayed @Lincoln.  Unfortunately Scooter, we just had a bad choice in coaches at the most critical time of PAM's history:  it's enception(sp).  Maybe with all the brewhaha dying down on the schoolboard and with the building of the new school/facilities, maybe either a HC with a proven track record will come or some young coach who was an assistant @a powerhouse program.  A good example would be the HC @Kountze who came from Converse Judson......

So your answer to winning in PA again is to split them up?  Right.  Austin was struggling in 2A, TJ had Colbert barely making the postseason, and who's to say Suggs would've stayed @Lincoln.  Unfortunately Scooter, we just had a bad choice in coaches at the most critical time of PAM's history:  it's enception(sp).  Maybe with all the brewhaha dying down on the schoolboard and with the building of the new school/facilities, maybe either a HC with a proven track record will come or some young coach who was an assistant @a powerhouse program.  A good example would be the HC @Kountze who came from Converse Judson......

oh no dont split up  :D, i wish there would have been one HS when i was walking the halls of SFA, splitting up now would the worse thing they could do, and i know some people personally that want them to do it, lol. I honestly think if it was about winning they would have had this one HS starting around '98 '99, we would probably a state title appearance or at least win one. But with the situation at hand, yeah man they need somebody young and motivated from one of these Metroplex powers IMO.

I hate to say this again and i might get some flack for this but i still say if PAISD doesnt get rid of Owens he probably would have been the first HC at PAM, he took Lee which was somewhat garbage in that time era and turned them into a power in what, 2-3 years?

Guest bleed orange

The low fan base started before Memorial was formed. The last few years of TJ were the same way. I remember the good ole days back in the late 60's and 70's. It was standing room only when TJ played home games. PNG has a huge fan base through thick and thin. Thats what it is all about. Supporting those boy's through the good and bad season's.

The low fan base started before Memorial was formed. The last few years of TJ were the same way. I remember the good ole days back in the late 60's and 70's. It was standing room only when TJ played home games. PNG has a huge fan base through thick and thin. Thats what it is all about. Supporting those boy's through the good and bad season's.

Yeah i remember PNG getting trounced around in 5A and their stands were still pass full. the game Lincoln had in 2001 versus NED were the most fans I have ever witness first hand in Memorial Stadium, mind you LHS was winning then. even in 2000 when they were in the top ten in the state most of the year the TJ game i couldve counted the folks in the stands so i see what you mean bleed.

It's hard for me to believe PN-G had a huge following from 78-88......

Furthermore, we had a big crowd in San Antonio(first game) and nice crowds in the Dome when they played Pearland and Katy.  As long as they're winning(like most fan bases) they will come.  Again, I know damn well Nederland didn't sellout home games from 69-88 unless it was MCM.  Otherwise, thin crowds......

I hate to say this again and i might get some flack for this but i still say if PAISD doesnt get rid of Owens he probably would have been the first HC at PAM, he took Lee which was somewhat garbage in that time era and turned them into a power in what, 2-3 years?

Owens left because the UIL counted Huhen(sp) students and that put TJ like 8 over the 1600 cutoff in 98(I think).  Also, while there was a coaching change @JT, Owens is said to have persuaded TISD to rezone some areas in Tyler which Lee benefitted greatly.  Don't shoot the messenger.  I want to say I read this in the DMN when JT got that new coach from Midland Lee and JT went to struggling.....

Owens left because the UIL counted Huhen(sp) students and that put TJ like 8 over the 1600 cutoff in 98(I think).  Also, while there was a coaching change @JT, Owens is said to have persuaded TISD to rezone some areas in Tyler which Lee benefitted greatly.  Don't shoot the messenger.  I want to say I read this in the DMN when JT got that new coach from Midland Lee and JT went to struggling.....

I heard something similar to that in 2001 (apparently Tyrone Ross-a freshman at the time-was in JT's school zone) those students at hughen shouldve ever been counted towards TJ's cut-off. If he left just because of that that's news to me, i think it was a number of things drove him to leave.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92