*Dayton 49 Crosby 7 Final/Comments*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to this game but left in the 3rd qtr after it was 49-0 and Dayton was putting all the subs in. Total domination and Daytons offense was unstopable. Dugat, Gable, and Charles were on another level. If there was any weakness at all it could have been that Crosby was able to move the ball a little bit but turned it over way to much to take advantage of it. Look out cause Dayton may go deep in the playoffs.

Dayton's JV played a lot of the 4th quarter.

Their JV offense actually scored a TD.

The Cougars sole TD given up was a long pass play against mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers in.

I thought for a moment that the Broncos might actually start putting in the Ponies (the junior high football team).

Can't wait to see the offensive and defensive stats for this game....

The Broncos just keep getting better and better.

Once again, since the Lumberton game, the Dayton offense has scored a TD on thier first possession.  That is 7 games in a row scoring a TD right off the bat.

Greg Charles is still red hot hitting deep routes.

John Gable is getting stronger and stronger.

My friend had a picture of him running with SEVEN cougars trying to tackle him.

This is the big week for the Dayton team.

The winner of the Texas City - Dayton game might get out of the Houston area.

Hopefully two or three of the 22-4A teams will notch a win this week.

GOOD LUCK TO THE INDIANS, RAIDERS, AND BRONCOS!!!

Scoring summary

DAY -- Gregory Charles 23-yard pass to A.J. Dugat. PAT Kick ( Ronnie Powell ), 03:18, 1st.

DAY -- John Gable 36-yard run. PAT Kick ( Ronnie Powell ), 10:34, 2nd.

DAY -- Gregory Charles 3-yard pass to A.J. Dugat. PAT Kick ( Ronnie Powell ), 04:14, 2nd.

DAY -- John Gable 3-yard run. PAT Kick ( Ronnie Powell ), 01:00, 2nd.

DAY -- Gregory Charles 30-yard pass to Ronnie Powell. PAT Kick ( Ronnie Powell ), 10:58, 3rd.

DAY -- A.J. Dugat 3-yard run. PAT Kick ( Ronnie Powell ), 09:31, 3rd.

DAY -- Jeffrey Summers 9-yard run. PAT Kick ( Ronnie Powell ), 03:12, 3rd.

CRO -- Toris Doze 65-yard run. PAT Kick ( Eric Perez ), 07:11, 4th.

Game Notables and Highlights

Dayton's A. J. Dugat had a tremendous offensive night catching two touchdown passes and rushing for another.

Dayton advances in the playoffs to play the winner of Texas City vs. Bay City.

Team Stats

Dayton    Crosby

Total yards              438        246

First downs                22          9

Rushes/Yds            38/294    31/142

Average rush          7.74      4.58

Comp/Atts              10/16      8/17

Pass yards              144        104

Comp pct                62.5      47.06

Punts                      1          3

Punting Yards          35        112

Punting Average      35        37.33

Fumbles/Lost          0/0        4/4

Penalties-yards      1-10      2-27

The thing I liked most about this game is that the fumbles that crosby had were forced by our guys. They usually came after pretty long gains by the crosby offense and our guys just kept scrapping. Another good thing about this game is that one of our starting safeties isn't quite 100% and didn't have to play a down of football. I think he'll be back next week and he really supports the run. We'll get tested next week.

GO BRONCOS!!!

Congrats to the Broncos. Looks like your game next week will be my game of the week. One question "why did you let them score?" HA HA. Well that should shut Flanagan up for a while. Great Job!

Getting the youngsters some experience. Our guys hated that they scored, just from watching some of the starters on the sideline. Crosby was in no way prepared for what hit them.

I'm sorry I was unable to congradulate our neighbors to the west.  Yall are doing a terrific job.  I was talking to co-workers and I was saying that Dayton going into this game, may be the hottest team in the state!  They are playing at a high level and have been after losing to the L-train.  Keep it up and you may actually see this team being your d-2 region III champs.  Go get them, Broncos.

I'm sorry I was unable to congradulate our neighbors to the west.  Yall are doing a terrific job.  I was talking to co-workers and I was saying that Dayton going into this game, may be the hottest team in the state!  They are playing at a high level and have been after losing to the L-train.  Keep it up and you may actually see this team being your d-2 region III champs.  Go get them, Broncos.

ditto

I was at the game I enjoyed the game I graduated with a buddy that coaches for dayton.  But couldn't find a seat on Daytons side, so I had to set on poor old crosbys side.  We would have left, but I would have liked to see them break 50. 

As for as what BMTSoulja1 said and WBbear dittoed, I DOUBLE DITTO

ditto

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4