Bridge City officially opens AD/HFC/JOSH SMALLEY NAMED NEW AD/HFC

AggiesAreWe

• 3 months later...
49 minutes ago, Reagan said:

To anyone familiar with the situation.  Is BC running the Slot-T?  I’m sure they are.  Just wondering for sure from someone in the know.

I think the talk was that they weren’t gonna run it… Even they would probably have more success with it

On 3/3/2024 at 3:53 PM, setxathlete14 said:

Dannnnnnnnng. So OF qbs couldn't throw for 12 years lol got it.

I must have missed this article.

With that said. I hope Orangefield throws 12 TD in this year’s Bayou Bowl. One of each year that Orangefield didn’t have a QB that could throw the ball 5 yards. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

How would you know if you had a QB that can throw the ball if you never throw the ball and the QBs running the Slot-T we're put into that position with the intent of not throwing ?

Also gotta have the lineman to block long enough… and the skill guys to catch run.. 

21 hours ago, Bobcat101 said:

I must have missed this article.

With that said. I hope Orangefield throws 12 TD in this year’s Bayou Bowl. One of each year that Orangefield didn’t have a QB that could throw the ball 5 yards. 

If it's similar system as he had at lcm it was alot of shotgun qb runs.. qb is run first in that offense. Establishing run the run rpos off of it.

On 7/3/2024 at 11:27 AM, Reagan said:

To anyone familiar with the situation.  Is BC running the Slot-T?  I’m sure they are.  Just wondering for sure from someone in the know.

BC will NOT be running the slot t. The new OC that was brought in was the OC at Lumberton last year and they were as spread as spread could be. Honestly, I can see BC being a dark horse surprise in that district. They should at least be able to compete with anyone in that district. Dave Campbell has them finishing 6th. I can see them make things interesting vying for that 4th playoff spot when it is all said and done. 

4 hours ago, Guitar Man said:

BC will NOT be running the slot t. The new OC that was brought in was the OC at Lumberton last year and they were as spread as spread could be. Honestly, I can see BC being a dark horse surprise in that district. They should at least be able to compete with anyone in that district. Dave Campbell has them finishing 6th. I can see them make things interesting vying for that 4th playoff spot when it is all said and done. 

It’s possible…. The district isn’t great… don’t see them beating LCM but everyone else they have a chance. Bad news in in Bi district you get district 9 

9 hours ago, Guitar Man said:

Guitar Man been hit in the head one too many times with his own guitar 😂

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

Scrimmaging Silsbee & Newton is awesome and smart. Really gives you an early barometer on where you are vs. where you want to be.

Yeah Silsbee will have taken a step back from last year but should still be a playoff team and will always have athletes… Newton is one of two favorites to win their region… Solid scrimmages for the cards 

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Scrimmaging Silsbee & Newton is awesome and smart. Really gives you an early barometer on where you are vs. where you want to be.

Yeah... I don't understand it.  Opt up to play bigger schools, admitting we have no shot at a deep run... but then scrimmage the schools we were too scared to play in District?

Somebody help me understand it. 

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah... I don't understand it.  Opt up to play bigger schools, admitting we have no shot at a deep run... but then scrimmage the schools we were too scared to play in District?

Granted other than maybe LCM you’re opting up for more district wins and I guess a first round exit? I don’t get it either… I guess your saying hey at least we make the playoffs… because you don’t think your beating HF, Jasper, Silsbee, or WOS… because if you could you have a much better chance at winning a D2 bi district game vs D1….

46 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

CB, you and I both know what that opt up was about.

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Previous coach got the opt up to happen,Smalley built the schedule and is looking to show that an opt up was never needed!