Bridge City officially opens AD/HFC/JOSH SMALLEY NAMED NEW AD/HFC

AggiesAreWe

15 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

didn't I hear they are returning 30 seniors?

How many of those seniors played under the current HC?  How many of those seniors ran the new offense?  How many of those seniors ran the new defense (I'm guessing new defense)? 

8 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

How many of those seniors played under the current HC?  How many of those seniors ran the new offense?  How many of those seniors ran the new defense (I'm guessing new defense)? 

Returning 30 seniors is huge. Regardless of the other factors. If I have to explain why. You won't understand regardless 

8 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Returning 30 seniors is huge. Regardless of the other factors. If I have to explain why. You won't understand regardless 

🤣 and if you cannot provide a better answer than that, then you don't understand, but I'll try helping you understand.  How many times does a 1st year HC have success (winning season)?.... not too often.  Yes, there are exceptions to that.... like 1st year HC that go to winning programs with a history of winning usually have success.  BC does not fall under that category. 

Also, how many of those returning seniors saw significant playing time last year?  Are they playing the same positions as last year?  Should I go on?!?

59 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

🤣 and if you cannot provide a better answer than that, then you don't understand, but I'll try helping you understand.  How many times does a 1st year HC have success (winning season)?.... not too often.  Yes, there are exceptions to that.... like 1st year HC that go to winning programs with a history of winning usually have success.  BC does not fall under that category. 

Also, how many of those returning seniors saw significant playing time last year?  Are they playing the same positions as last year?  Should I go on?!?

Like I stated, regardless of how or what I or anyone else says about it. Your opinion OR understanding won't change. 

5 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Like I stated, regardless of how or what I or anyone else says about it. Your opinion OR understanding won't change. 

Please help me to understand of sway my way of thinking.... I'll wait!

2 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Please help me to understand of sway my way of thinking.... I'll wait!

Pretty simple to everyone else I'd imagine. You basically stated it doesn't matter if sophomores or seniors playing this year that has no effect on their wins and losses this year. And that's completely wrong lol

Just now, setxathlete14 said:

Pretty simple to everyone else I'd imagine. You basically stated it doesn't matter if sophomores or seniors playing this year that has no effect on their wins and losses this year. And that's completely wrong lol

I should have spelt it out in crayon.... Last year has no bearing on this year.... why?!?!?  A team that is not known for winning in recent history has a new HC, new offense, more than likely new defense.  Also, of those 30 returning.... how many saw significant playing time (not just on special teams), how many are staying put in the same position, how many may lose their position, etc....  So that's why last year has NO bearing on this year.

19 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

@Right99JOH I am curious as to what you think about how DCTF comes up with their preseason state rankings?

@Matthew328 your thoughts?

Zero thoughts and cares about how dctf comes up with preseason rankings.  All preseaon rankings do is give guys and gals like us something to talk about.

5 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

I’d imagine returning production from last years team is one of the bigger factors … just guessing… 

Did dctf watch every BC snap from last year?  If so, it's not going to do them much good since the returning players are running a new offence and more than likely defense.  Or can dctf predict what a team will look like under a new HC, running new offence/defense? 

24 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Zero thoughts and cares about how dctf comes up with preseason rankings.  All preseaon rankings do is give guys and gals like us something to talk about.

For clarification purposes, are you only talking about Bridge City when saying last year has ZERO bearing on this year or is that your philosophy on all teams and all scenarios?

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

For clarification purposes, are you only talking about Bridge City when saying last year has ZERO bearing on this year or is that your philosophy on all teams and all scenarios?

Only talking about Bridge City.  I mean a case could be made for other teams likes Bridge city.  Teams that are not known for having winning football programs that are under a new HC with new offensive and defensive schemes. 

13 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Only talking about Bridge City.  I mean a case could be made for other teams likes Bridge city.  Teams that are not known for having winning football programs that are under a new HC with new offensive and defensive schemes. 

Well that's why they opted up right? They sensed an easier path to victories and smalley was successful at OF. Couple all of that with 30 returning seniors and NOT running the infamous slot T.. . Idk how they won't be district champs lol

2 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Well that's why they opted up right? They sensed an easier path to victories and smalley was successful at OF. Couple all of that with 30 returning seniors and NOT running the infamous slot T.. . Idk how they won't be district champs lol

So, the HC when at OF ran the slot-t or a version of it and was successful, correct?  How long had he been at OF before taking the BC job?

Now that HC is the HC of another team (1st yr HC) and he has all new kids to learn their strengths and weaknesses on top of implementing new offenses and defenses.  Definitely district champs.