PNG game..

Guest gladiator2

Guest gladiator2

I thought that we picked a bad night to have a bad game all around. This game could have been fairly easy if we would not have tryed to outsmart Consolidated. We ran the ball down their throat the first drive even with all of the questionable penalties. The second drive we come out and try and throw the football and we kept dropping the ball. Myself and others were wondering why we were trying to throw quick short passes when we could run for 4 or 5 yards every play. This same strategy is what put us behind Dayton. If we had to throw than why not throw to the TE over the middle or run some posts or slant routes because if they would miss one tackle we would probally be gone. We were in short yardage at about the 12 yard line and need 1 yard and we are in the shot gun knowing that it was wet and we've had problems before with this. Why not Hemmings or Wright down their throat. Instead we hike the ball over the QB'S head and he was scrambling around and threw the ball way over Hemmings head and was called for intentional grounding. There was several questionable penalties in this game but this happens and you have to work through this like Lumberton did last night. The second half Tatum put the ball down the field on the money a few times and the same player kept dropping the ball and then we would have to punt. We never was in the game in the second half. Don't get me wrong Rodgers is a very good player and arm tackling him did not work but I just did not think that they were that good. Lumberton and Dayton would have both won this game. Don't get me wrong our kid's gave everything that they had but the gameplan just was not good enough and very questionable. Great season Indians!!!

Just from the parts of the game I was able to listen to, it just sounded miserable all the way around. It was a cold, wet, stay at home curled up by the fire kind of day-NOT an outside kind of day. Sounds like your boys weren't able to shake the chills once they got off the bus. I really hate that for them. I was pulling for ya'll.

It was a great season, and you've got great fans. Nothing to be ashamed about.

I hate that our boys lost to LC.  I have to say that I felt we had to not only play LC but the entire officiating crew as well.  That was probably the worse officiating crew I have ever seen in a game in 10 years.  PNG had numerous penalties that were called on them.  But LC should have been flagged all night long for Offensive holding, pass interferrence, cheap shots etc....  It just seemed like the refs would let LC do what they wanted but if PNG looked crossed eyed they were flagged.  I cant tell you how many times our players on defense were drug down to the ground by the jersery by the LC line and NO FLAG !!!.  The BS flag on Tatum for intentional grounding was ridiculous !!!  Hemmings was right there when he threw it.  Johnson was mauled all night long as well as Doty and they only called I believe 1 interferrence call. 

Just a terribly officiated game by these REFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

I honestly think our guys could have beat LC. We dominated the first quarter with our running game, but then, changed up and started passing.  Should have kept the running game, wore down LC's defense, kept lil Rodgers off the field.....can't figure why the coaches would change something that was working for us. Added to this,  when you have to play against the refs as well , its impossible. Seemed like to me that when LC had a good lead, only then, did the refs make calls against them. I mean, late in the fourth quarter, they called unsportmanslike conduct on LC, what , 3 times.  LC had the game won, and then started all these cheap shots at PNG, go figure, unsportmanslike conduct from the winning team.  Now, I admit, some of the play calling from the PNG coaches was ridiculus, but it just seemed like EVERYTIME our defense stopped little Rodgers, like the refs got mad or something, and threw flags.   Our offense didn't have a chance with these guys.  For the first time EVER, I heard PNG fans, altogether, booing these guys.  Honestly, the officiating was so bad. Iknow a lot of posters gonna think aw, this is whining or whatever, but unless you were there to see what was happening, please keep your silence.  LC took a lot of "cheap" shots that were never called, and the intentional grounding, have no idea where that came from.  Also, so many times LC defenders created pass interference that was never called....I agree, if our guys looked crosseyed, they got a flag.  It was pitiful, the officiating....just pitiful.

We've had some games like that, Jacksonville comes to mind, where they were holding our ends and lbs so their RB could get the corner. It was so obvious that it wasn't funny.....no flag.

On the play calling, I don't know why coaches everywhere can have something working, and then try and get cute and fakey with the play calling. I can't figure that one out.

Congrats on a great season PNG.

i was one of the15 r so raider fans at the png gm, hoping to see them ndns

roll. at first it looked like png would run the ball . coach got away from the smash mouth we r used of seeing. should have stayed with your hoss. just my

reflection . i think on another night & a lot more running plays ,png could win this game.  mr. rogers is the real deal though. u cant stop him ,but if your team is grinding out 4 to 7 yds at a clip on offense,he cant hurt u warming his toes on the sideline.  just a personal note to png ndns, thanks for the

tradition & the spirit & toughness this dostrict brings every year. the game at your house this year really helped us refocus,& put us in an atmsphere that

is present in these platoffs, which we had no idea of. we r proud of u guys.

fans & players. keep up the tradition that u have earned. thanks

now as for the refs. i was verbal against them at yuor game also. i dont

know how it is, especially if these refs for the playoffs r graded  so they

can call playoff gms.  but it has been absolutely horrible. we had austin

area refs call raider-coogs gm, they outright stunk. since when is the refs

the center of the attention. since when do they determine the outcome of the games. png driving at half,a couple of penaltys,& png is pushed way back, all momentum gone & lc has time to reload on de. definatly a game

stopper. sorry ndns ,but its hard to beat good teams & refs.

ps u r welcome to sit with us this fri night against waller. a sea of red & col.blue sprinkled with purple has to get all over u.  haha.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

NDNWarrior,  the intentional grounding call came from the fact that, even though Tatum WAS outside the tackles, his attempt to throw the ball away didn't make it as far as the line of scrimmage.  In fact the ball fell about 5 yds short of the line.  That's the second time this season that he did that.  I guess it didn't sink in on the 1st one.

Good Call.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats