2024 WOS Mustangs

WOSdrummer99

44 minutes ago, Mustang1980 said:

As a former Mustang player it has been tough the last couple of years watching the decay of our football program. Since the “retirement “ of CT the program has lost its swagger. Teams no longer fear us as they have in the past. They smell blood in the water. Our kids have lost their confidence in the program. If the Superintendent and school board wanted to hire a person of color there are so many quality coaches across the state that would have been a much better hire. I pray when HH’s time is up that the school board and community will do an exhaustive search for a head coach with a proven track record. One that exudes confidence and instills discipline back into our once great program. Our kids deserve the best and right now I do not believe they are getting it.

Welcome to the real world.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

I don’t think they have qualified for state 7 on 7 yet but I could be wrong… 

They qualified several weeks ago in the HF tournament and according to one on thier coaches they should be pretty good this year.  They are supposed to be going back to the 50 defense and Hickman is running the Defense. 

4 hours ago, WO-S 89 said:

They qualified several weeks ago in the HF tournament and according to one on thier coaches they should be pretty good this year.  They are supposed to be going back to the 50 defense and Hickman is running the Defense. 

Well hopefully yall aren’t too good again… Bellville should have another solid run at the title this year and a good WOS would definitely get in the way of that lol

8 hours ago, WO-S 89 said:

Thanks 89 I also heard that the defense would be the 50 again. I'm ready for some HS football. 

Heard the same but didn't want to get our hopes up. The previous coaches that he hired couldn't run it. 1 HS coach and 2 MS coach jobs still posted. But not athletic trainer. KOGT supposed to update the coaches on the move this week.

Talent never left but has to be coached up all over again. We should be competitive again in district. Especially since BC went to D1

50 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Yeah, I can't see how any school that doesn't run the 50 defense has ever won a game. GMAB.

WOS could just issue a statement saying they are changing the name of the defense to “50” from “3-4” and still lineup the same. 

On 6/14/2024 at 10:57 AM, SmashMouth said:

Yeah, I can't see how any school that doesn't run the 50 defense has ever won a game. GMAB.

Ill say this the 50 defense benefited WOS on how athletic they were. Not saying they couldn't run a 4-2-5 or 4-3. But they had tremendous speed from the outside. Linebackers played gap football. Maybe it was just how Coach T taught the defense. It was the best in SETX. 

12 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Ill say this the 50 defense benefited WOS on how athletic they were. Not saying they couldn't run a 4-2-5 or 4-3. But they had tremendous speed from the outside. Linebackers played gap football. Maybe it was just how Coach T taught the defense. It was the best in SETX. 

You're right but He still thinks Hiawatha Tyrone is a good coach that didn't weasel his way into a position that he didn't deserve

On 6/13/2024 at 4:06 PM, WO-S 89 said:

Yes you are right they did qualify for 7 on 7 sate tournament, Texan live has a free event posted today outlining all the teams.