2024 WOS Mustangs

WOSdrummer99

1 hour ago, wo-s#1 said:

Agree,could go 3-7 real quick too depending on them new teams 

But… there is a chance they are much improved and only lose 3 games… Right now I’m gonna say they lose to Nederland, La Vega, Jasper, and Hamshire Fannett…. Maybe Newton

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

But… there is a chance they are much improved and only lose 3 games… Right now I’m gonna say they lose to Nederland, La Vega, Jasper, and Hamshire Fannett…. Maybe Newton

I got the Stangs beating Jasper.

And if Nederland isn't much improved from last season, that's a win for WO-S.

None of this talk about losing occurred until and after Coach T was retired. Under current conditions every year will be a guess. Consistency and winning are out the door. I can remember when the Jeruh fired Jimmy Johnson he said … and I am paraphrasing… anyone could coach the Dallas Cowboys and get the same results or something to that affect. The bottom line is that you can have all the talent in the world, (and the Mustangs do) but if you don’t have quality coaching and discipline you are going nowhere period. Sad for our kids and community that forty five years of winning championship tradition has been dismantled in a little over two years.  Was the best qualified applicant hired to lead the winningest program in the State of Texas???? We all know the answer to that question.

1 hour ago, Mustang1980 said:

None of this talk about losing occurred until and after Coach T was retired. Under current conditions every year will be a guess. Consistency and winning are out the door. I can remember when the Jeruh fired Jimmy Johnson he said … and I am paraphrasing… anyone could coach the Dallas Cowboys and get the same results or something to that affect. The bottom line is that you can have all the talent in the world, (and the Mustangs do) but if you don’t have quality coaching and discipline you are going nowhere period. Sad for our kids and community that forty five years of winning championship tradition has been dismantled in a little over two years.  Was the best qualified applicant hired to lead the winningest program in the State of Texas???? We all know the answer to that question.

Sadly i dont even think they tried to research and recruit the best candidate.  Perfect example is png

1 hour ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Sadly i dont even think they tried to research and recruit the best candidate.  Perfect example is png

That was perfect fit for them. There are good and yet to be proven great examples all around the area. One day the same will happen here. I don't think back to back trips would be out of the question. PNGs former coach already had playoff wins so maybe he was a lil easier to follow.

15 hours ago, Mustang1980 said:

Thank goodness we are talking about this again... 🙄

17 hours ago, Mustang1980 said:

Uh, that did happen. Dallas won a Super Bowl after Jimmy was fired. Switzer was the head coach for that 3rd SB under Jerry's ownership.

21 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Uh, that did happen. Dallas won a Super Bowl after Jimmy was fired. Switzer was the head coach for that 3rd SB under Jerry's ownership.

In all fairness, that was due to Jimmy Johnson's recruiting in my opinion. Hasn't happened since Jimmy Johnson's recruiting and environment faded away.

Word I’m hearing is the the strict rules that Hooks/CT implemented years ago are back this season after the current staff did away with them. We shall see if it has any effect or not. 
we all know once the genie is let out of the bottle it’s near impossible to get it back in. 

58 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Idk… listening to CT in that interview he said that in his opinion if he was the head coach the last two years that WOS would’ve still made it 4 rounds deep… 

He probably would have gone at least 3. Not sure the point you’re trying to make though, but no doubt, CT had a recipe for success. 

5 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

He probably would have gone at least 3. Not sure the point you’re trying to make though, but no doubt, CT had a recipe for success. 

More rounds than most almost every year in existence. The ingredients are still there. The cookbook was left on the counter. Just needed to follow directions

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

More rounds than most almost every year in existence. The ingredients are still there. The cookbook was left on the counter. Just needed to follow directions

As far as district play, I don't think WO-S beats Silsbee in either year. Probably not Jasper in '22.

The games last year against HF and Jasper and the '22 game against HF were definitely winnable even without CT. With him, most certainly. I watched those three games and WO-S lost those three games more so than getting beat by HF and Jasper.