2024 WOS Mustangs

WOSdrummer99

8 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Don't forget the OT thriller at PNG that could've been won earlier with an Xpt

I still haven’t figured that one out. Why didn’t west Orange try for any field goals or extra points in the 2nd half? Did they simply not have a kicker , or was that some kind of strategy? At least two times they got in a range where they could have put the game away, and insisted on going for it on 4th. 

4 hours ago, Rez said:

I still haven’t figured that one out. Why didn’t west Orange try for any field goals or extra points in the 2nd half? Did they simply not have a kicker , or was that some kind of strategy? At least two times they got in a range where they could have put the game away, and insisted on going for it on 4th. 

First time at the rez will do that to a young staff

1 hour ago, Sledge said:

Are you referring to the extra point PNG missed when they went for 2 ?

Went back and read thru the game thread. Actually more interesting now knowing how each team did after that turning point. There was so many questionable coaching decisions i may be confusing 2 different games. 

But what I'm talking about here was late in the 4th. WOS had just taking the lead back. Every extra point chart and coaching philosophy in the world tells you to kick the extra point up 3. You NEVER go for 2 in that situation.

On 8/6/2024 at 8:08 AM, BBfan061 said:

Idk… listening to CT in that interview he said that in his opinion if he was the head coach the last two years that WOS would’ve still made it 4 rounds deep… 

He certainly would have made it a lot more difficult for you to run the slot t. Not saying you wouldn’t have won the last two playoff games. Bellville is well coached and has a great program. I will say that if I were a betting man I would have put my money on CT and the Mustangs! 

8 hours ago, Mustang1980 said:

He certainly would have made it a lot more difficult for you to run the slot t. Not saying you wouldn’t have won the last two playoff games. Bellville is well coached and has a great program. I will say that if I were a betting man I would have put my money on CT and the Mustangs! 

Yeah I would have said 2 years ago I would’ve bet on the stangs.. I think last year would’ve been a lot closer as well . Good luck to the stangs this year

24 hrs til we see the new game plan. I expect the same speed and strength for our stable of RBs. Coach Garret has always been able to get the most out of them. Plus with 3 yr starter back at QB and 4 seniors at WR this offense could put some serious numbers on the scoreboard. Defense is question for the Mustangs as it has been the last 2 seasons. Both years giving up more points per game than any other in our history. So now the 2 guys that ran that defense are history too. HH stated he will be taking over the defense this year. Doing some things he did in the past and some things we've done here in the past.

"We're going to get back to our roots... we're going to get real simple and play really fast."

On 8/14/2024 at 7:36 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

24 hrs til we see the new game plan. I expect the same speed and strength for our stable of RBs. Coach Garret has always been able to get the most out of them. Plus with 3 yr starter back at QB and 4 seniors at WR this offense could put some serious numbers on the scoreboard. Defense is question for the Mustangs as it has been the last 2 seasons. Both years giving up more points per game than any other in our history. So now the 2 guys that ran that defense are history too. HH stated he will be taking over the defense this year. Doing some things he did in the past and some things we've done here in the past.

"We're going to get back to our roots... we're going to get real simple and play really fast."

We shall see

As for WOS I believe now after tonight we’ll be better…energy/moral is wayyy up from the last couple years…Defense flying around,4 plus guys on every tackle! Should be a fun season with lots of opportunities for the players.

Mustangs looking more better then last year but our WRs have to catch the ball defense looking better they had 2 turnovers tonight one for an interception and an fumble turn over had a couple of big hits to as well offense line needs a little more work I think if they fix these problems they have Mustangs will be alright defense was flying to the ball tonight they had 2 touchdowns call back but hay it is what it is Mustangs will be fine this year and I'm going to agree with AggiesAreWe they going to finish in 2 place in district