5A D1 District 9 Discussion

6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Word on the street is QB1 possibly out for the season and RB1 transferred to his old school across town 🤷🏾‍♂️ but like I said it'll probably be explained better by Stepp. 

Oh boy… from preseason favorite to possibly bottom of that district now… 

On 9/9/2024 at 3:22 PM, Austin1985 said:

AMC beat Forney this past Friday night......

Well, Forney graduated some key components from their last two seasons and it shows, they returned 5/5 from last year.  Forney gave up 30 to LH who is ranked #75 in 6A.  Forney has a young defense, they may be a little overrated in the polls.

Good news for Weiss QB he threw a td, bad news for Weiss xtra point blocked and returned for 2. 

AMC then returns the kickoff back to just outside the redzone. AMC throws an int. weiss returns it to the 3, halftime. 

23-6 AMC halftime 

Crazy game. 

As tough as our last two seasons were in Lufkin, we did beat these AMC kids both years when they were sophs and juniors.  My personal belief is both AMC and Weiss are very good teams this year, not world beaters. Too many mistakes and TOs and special team flubs between two Top 10 teams.  Just saying.  AMC just stalled in 2nd half and Weiss tried to play Santa Claus with TOs in the 1st half.  Lots of missed opportunities.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LCMBears
    Newest Member
    LCMBears

• Read on one site Shelbyville had over 600 yards of offense. Secondhand info.
    • I missed the 1st quarter of this game, but from when I got there, I’ll disclose what I noticed: 1.  Our biggest problem is in the secondary.  We absolutely cannot over anyone.  You have guys running past us, catching over the top of us.     2. Up front, we tackle every other play.  If it’s a running play, every other play is guaranteed that we’ll give the other team a first down.  Arm tackling and just all out of position.     3. We don’t block.  And after watching the o-Line coach interact with the linemen, he doesn’t have a clue. 4. This is the 3rd game and we still have problems getting the offensive plays in on time.  Still have to call timeouts to prevent the delay of game.     5.  Our snap counts are predictable.  Nimitz blitzed all night and was able to get a beat on the snap all mighty. 6. Our QB threw like 6 interceptions tonight.  That will get you ran off the field EVERY TIME.  Backup QB should’ve been inserted after halftime.  Game was over at that point.     7. 2nd week in a row while we’re getting beat down I see kids smiling, dancing and goofing off on the sidelines.  Totally unacceptable. 8. This is the 3rd year with this coaching staff and there’s no excuses for this.  It’s time to go a new direction and when I say that, EVERYONE needs to find something else to do.     9. I asked a few BU fans a question and couldn’t get an answer.  Is this Nimitz team more talented and athletic than us?  One guy said they are more athletic than us.  My follow up question is was PNG more talented and athletic than us?  (Because it was the same type of are whipping that we took.  Only difference is PNG took it easy on us).  I didn’t get an answer.     10.  There is a die hard BU fan that was at the game.  The man has had 2 sons that came through this program.  He has a child currently on the team now and it’s a shame that this program is doing this disservice. BU started 2018.  The football program should. Be farther along in year 7.     11. Nimitz is a good team and I can see why they went 3 rounds deep in the 6a playoffs last year.  Their WR’s are nice. 12.  There is a person that I’m holding responsible for the state of affairs of Beaumont football.  They haven’t taken accountability on it but someone needs to go another direction with them as well.     13.  From this point forward until the season ends, I’m going to start rating my level of embarrassment when we lose.  On a scale of 1-10.   PNG - 9 Nimitz - 10
    • Silsbee by 3 scores minimum.
    • Pretty good summary of the game. The Dogs had too miscues against a good Silsbee team. You can’t do that against good teams. I was very proud how the Dogs fought in the 2nd half. This was much different under the new staff than it was last year when Silsbee jumped on us. We showed a lot of fight getting back in the game.   As conservative as we are, I was pretty shocked that we onside kicked down 6 with 8 minutes to play. That was a bit of a head scratcher. Great game all around. Silsbee played well and deserved the win. The conservative play calling in the second half almost bit them in the rear though. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the way.
  • Topics