5A D1 District 9 Discussion

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

PA will lose against Ball or Lufkin.  Leaning more toward Lufkin… But they’ll just lose one district game…

Ball High game too early in district play. When we lose a district game it's usually late October. Probably WB or Lufkin if it happens IMO. 

14 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'll take a stab in the dark.  We'll  (BU) beat Sterling, BH, WB and Lufkin.  The Ball game will be a toss up being that there is always bad blood there.  

In the prior post, you have United finishing 4th. But this post with them beating 4 district teams, including BH and Lufkin, would have United finishing 3rd.

So which is it? 3rd or 4th?

43 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

In the prior post, you have United finishing 4th. But this post with them beating 4 district teams, including BH and Lufkin, would have United finishing 3rd.

So which is it? 3rd or 4th?

4th.  Is there a senario where they finish 4th with the list of teams above as wins?  

BU and Westbrook moving to 5A DI from 6A, playing in district with the likes of North Shore, Summer Creek, Atascocita and CE King has been overlooked a bit.  So for me it's not a stretch to say it becomes a little more even ground for them in this district. That was one stout 6A district the past two years. That's why I say this could be one stout 5A DI district this year.  There are no sure things for PA, Lufkin, BH or Ball IMO, some folks are going to need to earn their spots this year.

Lord Soulja on the sauce.🤣

I think I have said before that I’m not sold on Lufkin. They are getting tons of love because of the potential of how good their defense is, but that offense is going to need lots of work. PAM on paper should be the best team in district, but BH showed they can play with em. Ball is an unknown and may surprise in district while the Beaumont schools will be better dropping to 5A. My predictions are

PAM

BH

Lufkin

Ball

United

Westbrook

Sterling

5 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I think I have said before that I’m not sold on Lufkin. They are getting tons of love because of the potential of how good their defense is, but that offense is going to need lots of work. PAM on paper should be the best team in district, but BH showed they can play with em. Ball is an unknown and may surprise in district while the Beaumont schools will be better dropping to 5A. My predictions are

PAM

BH

Lufkin

Ball

United

Westbrook

Sterling

That man has something against BH from a time ago 😁

5 hours ago, BHFAN said:

I think I have said before that I’m not sold on Lufkin. They are getting tons of love because of the potential of how good their defense is, but that offense is going to need lots of work.

Lufkin has their offense figured out.  This unit will be a completely different talent group from the past two years. If the OL is adequate the skilled players are abundant with this group.

On 8/19/2024 at 5:20 PM, PackAttack said:

BU and Westbrook moving to 5A DI from 6A, playing in district with the likes of North Shore, Summer Creek, Atascocita and CE King has been overlooked a bit.  So for me it's not a stretch to say it becomes a little more even ground for them in this district. That was one stout 6A district the past two years. That's why I say this could be one stout 5A DI district this year.  There are no sure things for PA, Lufkin, BH or Ball IMO, some folks are going to need to earn their spots this year.

thats some of the PAM fans way of thinking if they move down they have a chance of winning...yeah we the one and dones lol. it worked when xbox was in PA, moving down, but thats because they were still larger than the other 5a schools prior to them dividing 5a. after that when it got "level" it got much harder. then you get figured out.

12 hours ago, BHFAN said:

PAM

BH

Lufkin

Ball

United

Westbrook

Sterling

Lufkin

BH

Ball

PAM

United

Brook

Sterling

it's been proven that BH can beat and go toe to toe with PAM. Lufkin is the big shark now and this district won't be difficult for them. Ball is now coached better, but that's team that can sneak ya if you not ready. they played in a super weak district, but have athletes including a 5 star player.

17 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Lufkin has their offense figured out.  This unit will be a completely different talent group from the past two years. If the OL is adequate the skilled players are abundant with this group.

I guess. From an outsiders view I see an inexperienced O-line, a new QB and a 5 star RB graduated. Seems like a steep hill, but with a good defense y’all should be in games regardless. 

The only comparison I have is from last year to go by

Lufkin lost to MN 46-39

BH beat MN  43-21

1 minute ago, BHFAN said:

I guess. From an outsiders view I see an inexperienced O-line, a new QB and a 5 star RB graduated. Seems like a steep hill, but with a good defense y’all should be in games regardless. 

The only comparison I have is from last year to go by

Lufkin lost to MN 46-39

BH beat MN  43-21

Lufkin made me wanna throw my tablet after watching that one, mistakes cost them that one.

Matter of fact one could say mistakes cost them 3 close games (Tyler, MN & Lancaster) and 1 that got away from them in the 4th quarter (Forney) last season. 

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Never had anything against them.  The squads I follow has had success against them.

I sure do remember you complaining on here about BH after a close playoff game win Central had versus them right around 06ish timeframe. I know it was a season or two after Hurricane Rita. 

38 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I sure do remember you complaining on here about BH after a close playoff game win Central had versus them right around 06ish timeframe. I know it was a season or two after Hurricane Rita. 

Why would I complain?  Central won.  Took down an undefeated BH team…. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️