Friday Night Fireworks + the debut of Yusei Kikuchi.  The first inning was probably not the start that Kikuchi envisioned when he gave up the HR, but he settled down and had a solid debut.  11 strike outs.  According to the pitch board at Minute Maid, he threw a lot of sliders. Whatever he was throwing, it worked. Yordan's wheels on display when he got home after the Rays SS let the incoming throw get away.  Go Astros!  

7 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

Left the bases loaded three times last night.   Yordan needs to get back on track.  

Rangers walked him 3 times last night, twice that ended up loading the bases. 

Astro offense (contrary to how it's been most of the season) is the reason for the slump right now. Scored 4 runs in last 34 innings.

I think that they are messing with the lineup too much.  I believe that you dance with the one that brung you.  This losing thing started when they began to use the new guys, however the old standbys are not hitting like they were.  Has Leon even got a hit yet?

Also every year we have a losing streak after the break.  They'll come around.

1 minute ago, rupert3 said:

I think that they are messing with the lineup too much.  I believe that you dance with the one that brung you.  This losing thing started when they began to use the new guys, however the old standbys are not hitting like they were.  Has Leon even got a hit yet?

Also every year we have a losing streak after the break.  They'll come around.

Bottom four batters last night combined to go 0-15 with 10 K's.

Leon was 0-4 with 3 K's

Sometimes batters respond to where they are in the lineup. How about Duboń, Altuve, Bregman, Alvarez, Peña, Singleton, Diaz, Myers, your pick.

We totally need Tucker’s bat. I consider him a clutch hitter. I think he is milking his injury, but that’s just me.

13 minutes ago, baddog said:

Sometimes batters respond to where they are in the lineup. How about Duboń, Altuve, Bregman, Alvarez, Peña, Singleton, Diaz, Myers, your pick.

We totally need Tucker’s bat. I consider him a clutch hitter. I think he is milking his injury, but that’s just me.

So Is Verlander, McCullars, and others but Garcia had surgery so.  Just me, but we don't really know what they are going through.  Just seems like it.

The game.  OK, don't lie.  Who had an, "O $hi+!" moment when Seager hit that 2-run HR in the 9th off of Valdez?  My wife said, "not again."  Then, when Jung hit that deep fly off of Hader my wife said it again, "not again."  I'll take the win but my blood pressure is going nuts during these games.  Speaking of bombs, what about Yordan finally finding his groove again.  He hammered that shot to right field.

On the thread above, I hope Verlander isn't coasting and intentionally avoiding his return.  He's a pro's pro.  I don't think he would do something like that.  Maybe the Astros are holding him back until the playoff race gets sorted out?

What's the story with Tucker?  What exactly was wrong with his shin?  I never saw any report that anything was broken or that he had structural damage.  It was always just a deep shin injury due to a foul ball.  We need him back if we are going to keep pace with Seattle and Texas.

Go Astros!

12 hours ago, rupert3 said:

So Is Verlander, McCullars, and others but Garcia had surgery so.  Just me, but we don't really know what they are going through.  Just seems like it.

I’ll agree with McCullers. He’s been out for 4 years or so. Like NDN said above, Tucker’s injury wasn’t that severe, so I have to wonder. 

In all my years of playing baseball, I never had a pitch hit my bat and then hit me. 

First time all season that the Astros rank lower in runs scored than runs allowed.

Currently rank 7th in AL in runs scored and 5th in runs allowed. 5th is the highest ranking all season for the Astros in runs allowed.

Pitching needs to keep this pace and the offense needs to get back to where they were three weeks ago.

That was outstanding outing Framber had last night.  I know the Rangers are also in a slump, but to almost no hit them is amazing.  Yordan hr was exactly what he needed.  Maybe this will spark the Stros back to where they were.  Coach is messing with the lineup to try to ignite something.  People are bunting in situations that not normal for them.  They are trying to find that momentum button.