5 minutes ago, baddog said:

Verlander can’t expect THAT much run support. Game not over yet.

Going to be interesting to see how the Astros use Verlander in the playoffs.

He clearly is the 6th best starter on the team right now. Framber, Kukuchi, Brown, Arrighetti and Blanco are pitching better than him. Blanco has already moved to the bullpen citing arm fatigue.

35 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Going to be interesting to see how the Astros use Verlander in the playoffs.

He clearly is the 6th best starter on the team right now. Framber, Kukuchi, Brown, Arrighetti and Blanco are pitching better than him. Blanco has already moved to the bullpen citing arm fatigue.

Verlander is the question mark alright. I miss Javier, Garcia, and Urquidy. What to do when they come back?

12- 6 loss but got series.  Couldn't expect Dbacks to lay down and die they have wone more games than anyone since all star break.  Won 80 games and in 3rd place.  Hate to say it but seems like Verlander is just losing it.  But he's a Pro's Pro.  So maybe.

Back to 4 1/2  up

The D-backs' Pavin Smith had the game of his life. 3-4 with 3-HRs, including a 3-run HR, grand slam, and solo shot for a total of 8-RBIs.  Before the game, my son and I watched JV warm up throwing long toss in the outfield.  He kept meeting with a trainer.  I did not see him give facial expressions or body language that he was injured but something is off.  In the first inning, his 4-seam fastball was between 94-97.  In the third inning it was 88-90.  When Smith came up to bat in the 5th inning, fans were yelling, hit him, throw it at him, back him off the plate.  Others were yelling, walk him!!!  He hit the solo HR.  One of those games for the Astros.  Day off tomorrow...welcome the Okland As on Tuesday night for one dollar dog night.

I’ve seen Pressley be so dominant that I could possibly rank him as one of the best closers. Now, I cringe every time I see him take the mound. He can’t even middle relieve. Astros snap a 3 game losing streak and take game 3 with a 6-3 win. Dubón and Singleton are my players of the game. Peña with great defensive play at SS.