3 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Think about it posters. This year Houston had average at best pitching and below average hitting. They were really fortunate to win their division, so all in all they accomplished making it to post season

I still think the GM is not what you want in a GM

Again, you are wrong.

I could show you some stats but obviously you don't understand them.

17 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I understand stats very well and know that wins and losses mean more than stats, so Mr stat man did they win or lose?

Oh that’s right they lost, but I am sure they had good stats

You stated that they were an average pitching team and a below average hitting team. That's what I am disputing. Nothing about wins and losses in that regard. 

One cannot say a team is an average pitching team when they are 6th in all of baseball (30 teams) 4th in AL (15 teams) in team ERA (3.74). You also cannot say a team is below average in hitting when the team is 3rd in all of baseball, 1st in AL in team batting average (.262)

This is the hidden content, please

Making those kind of statements with those kind of stats makes one look very very stupid.

And of course it's about wins and losses. DUH!! But you brought the pitching and hitting into the discussion. Obviously you just spew stuff without any educated thought process.

My point is stats simply don’t mean much. It is about wins and losses. I know you like stats, but basically they are for the players

They were 3rd in the AL and just got beat at home by the 6th seed. 3 runs in 18 innings and a measly 12 hits and a bull pen that choked it up in the 8th. I would no say that is very good!

8 minutes ago, spidersal said:

My point is stats simply don’t mean much. It is about wins and losses. I know you like stats, but basically they are for the players

They were 3rd in the AL and just got beat at home by the 6th seed. 3 runs in 18 innings and a measly 12 hits and a bull pen that choked it up in the 8th. I would no say that is very good!

Then don't bring up "average, below average, pitching and hitting" when talking about wins and losses.

You stated they were average and below average. I simply showed you they were not.

IMO anything less than #1 or #2 is average

You are struggling to get my post

They won their division and made the post season, but were simply not that good this season. Yes I know that they were better than the teams that did not make it, however their play the past 2 days showed how weak their division was

20 minutes ago, spidersal said:

IMO anything less than #1 or #2 is average

You are struggling to get my post

They won their division and made the post season, but were simply not that good this season. Yes I know that they were better than the teams that did not make it, however their play the past 2 days showed how weak their division was

Anything less than #1 or #2 is average??

LMAO!!! That's so comical.