1 hour ago, spidersal said:

IMO anything less than #1 or #2 is average

You are struggling to get my post

They won their division and made the post season, but were simply not that good this season. Yes I know that they were better than the teams that did not make it, however their play the past 2 days showed how weak their division was

30 teams… 15th is average.  Even 10-20. This is ludicrous 

I hate the stros.  I love seeing them lose.  But they had a heck of a season to bounce back and win the division after that awful start.  I like the wild card being in play, but these series should be at least best of 5.  It’s pretty rough to make the playoffs and have two off games and just be out.  

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I hate the stros.  I love seeing them lose.  But they had a heck of a season to bounce back and win the division after that awful start.  I like the wild card being in play, but these series should be at least best of 5.  It’s pretty rough to make the playoffs and have two off games and just be out.  

Right.

You lose two games and you immediately become below average.

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Bye Bregman. So long Tucker. Enjoy retirement JV. 

Feels like the beginning of the end, but maybe I’m wrong (the first two months of the season felt like the end as well).  Altuve is also gonna turn 35 next season.  He can’t be too far from seeing a big drop in production, although I kinda thought it would start this year and he was excellent.  It’s still a weak division, and if you can make the playoffs anything can happen, as the tigers just showed us.  As disappointing as the rangers season was I have some hope that we have the pieces to bounce back and compete next year.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Why hate? I don’t hate the Rangers.

Sorry bad dog that you feel that way  I guess having high expectations for a team is just not your cup of tea. I like the Astros and root for them as I do the Dallas Cowboys The Astros have been very good, just didn’t meet my expectations this year and the Cowboys have not been very good the past several years

I guess you think fans should have low expectations 

9 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Sorry bad dog that you feel that way  I guess having high expectations for a team is just not your cup of tea. I like the Astros and root for them as I do the Dallas Cowboys The Astros have been very good, just didn’t meet my expectations this year and the Cowboys have not been very good the past several years

I guess you think fans should have low expectations 

High expectations??? LOL

A player can be successful 30% of the time at the plate (3 for 10, .300) and in baseball that's considered great.

But you probably expect a player to go 8 for 10 all the time and if not, they are below average hitter.

Same for a team. Unless the team wins 100 games every year and is in the World Series, the team is not worthy of your expectations.

You sir don't know the game of baseball.

Man oh man, this is sports. Do you realize some sports are won by hundredths of a second, by a nose, by judges, photo finishes….etc. I know deep down how difficult it is to be successful in any sport and that winning it all is hard enough…..but to consistently stay on top is way more difficult. Haven’t seen you being congratulatory about winning the division 7 of the last 8 years….a feat in itself. Sure, I get upset with some moves made. We are all armchair managers/coaches/QBs….but at the end of the day, what a truly remarkable season the Astros had. There 28 other teams that won’t win it all. The Astros could win the World Series 10 years in a row, and the first year they lose, you’d say,”See, I told you so.”

You need to read post better I just stated they have been good the past few years just not what I expected this year

I know baseball, and am happy that the Astros made the playoffs and won their division, I simply do not think they were that good this season

I have noticed instead of just admitting we have different opionions that you seem to always add a sarcastic remark which is not necessary 

53 minutes ago, baddog said:

Why hate? I don’t hate the Rangers.

7 years of listening to a fan base telling you why cheating their way to a tainted World Series wasn’t an issue will do that to you.  Especially when they then turn around and cheer when your guy gets plunked because he pimped a homerun.  Because apparently there’s no room for THAT in the game.  There’s no denying the success they’ve had, though.  I think most Astros fans living in Dallas probably developed a pretty healthy dislike of the rangers and their fan base over the last year.   There’s something about being surrounded by an obnoxious fan base, and success definitely breeds obnoxiousness when it comes to sports fans (of all teams).  

12 hours ago, bullets13 said:

7 years of listening to a fan base telling you why cheating their way to a tainted World Series wasn’t an issue will do that to you.  Especially when they then turn around and cheer when your guy gets plunked because he pimped a homerun.  Because apparently there’s no room for THAT in the game.  There’s no denying the success they’ve had, though.  I think most Astros fans living in Dallas probably developed a pretty healthy dislike of the rangers and their fan base over the last year.   There’s something about being surrounded by an obnoxious fan base, and success definitely breeds obnoxiousness when it comes to sports fans (of all teams).  

Thanks. I try to get over stuff. Not easy for a fan. Funny thing is they can win without it.

Astros fans...if you are Dana Brown, what do you do this offseason?  Resign Bregman? Resign Verlander?  Try to sign Kikuchi?  Do a long term deal with Tucker and spend whatever money is left to patch holes at 3B, 1B and starting pitching?  I think the Astros let Pressley walk.  I'm not sure if they will seriously try to resign Verlander and Bregman.  I haven't heard if Dana Brown has any interest in resigning Kikuchi.  Bregman's agent want him to hit the open market and get a sense of what he will be worth at his age before he talks to the Astros.  Bregman already said, no hometown discount.  It's his last shot a multi-year big dollar contract so he wants his market value.  I think Dana Brown may lean toward letting Bregman walk, promoting Dezenzo to play 3B or 1B, and using the Bregman money to resign Kyle Tucker long term.  The Astros will fish the free agent waters for either a 3B or 1B player to play whichever spot Dezenzo doesn't play.  What moves do think may happen?  And, one more thing.  I enjoyed the posts this season and especially during the stretch run.

19 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Astros fans...if you are Dana Brown, what do you do this offseason?  Resign Bregman? Resign Verlander?  Try to sign Kikuchi?  Do a long term deal with Tucker and spend whatever money is left to patch holes at 3B, 1B and starting pitching?  I think the Astros let Pressley walk.  I'm not sure if they will seriously try to resign Verlander and Bregman.  I haven't heard if Dana Brown has any interest in resigning Kikuchi.  Bregman's agent want him to hit the open market and get a sense of what he will be worth at his age before he talks to the Astros.  Bregman already said, no hometown discount.  It's his last shot a multi-year big dollar contract so he wants his market value.  I think Dana Brown may lean toward letting Bregman walk, promoting Dezenzo to play 3B or 1B, and using the Bregman money to resign Kyle Tucker long term.  The Astros will fish the free agent waters for either a 3B or 1B player to play whichever spot Dezenzo doesn't play.  What moves do think may happen?  And, one more thing.  I enjoyed the posts this season and especially during the stretch run.

I keep Bregman and Kikuchi. Dezenzo is trash. I play Singleton at 1B. Verlander has seen better days. Injured starting pitchers returning. Keep Heyward.