19 hours ago, rupert3 said:

Well Mr. Verlander and Astros bats were a no show today 5-3.  They will come back.  Just a bump in the road.

McCormack is back also

Like you said, a bump in the road. Cincinnati is a tough team for the Astros. We have not played well against them. Hopefully that will change. I think we were lucky the score wasn’t more lop-sided. The Reds left several hundred on base. I believe Arrighetti is on tap for Wednesday’s game. He’s very fun to watch.

2 hours ago, rupert3 said:

Unusual for a day off in the middle of a series but it had been 18 straight games without a day off.

Tucker should be back anyday now. Hope that works out.

Yeah does anyone know the reason for a day off in the middle of a series? I'm not sure I've seen that before.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Take advantage of having a game on a holiday.

Several series did that yesterday.

That’s weird because it can’t be the first time Labor Day happened during the season. I have no problem with it, just strange. 

1 hour ago, rupert3 said:

Mariners lose again we now 6 1/2 games up.

Rangers win 

Yes. We are starting to get into that "magic number" territory. (btw, it's 18)

6 1/2 up with 24 games remaining.

If Astros can just go 14-10 the rest of the way, they will win the division easily. Seattle will have to go 20-3 the rest of the way to tie Houston. Mariners just ain't that good enough to pull that off. 

Like I stated earlier, all Houston needs to do is get to 86-87 wins (basically play .500 ball the rest of season) and that will be enough to win division. Currently, they are projected to win 90 games and Seattle to win 82. 

AAW, rupert3, baddog, BearCPA...we need to do something to stop the Astros three game slide.  Group hug, put on rally caps, wear a lucky sports jersey, something else?  We need the Astros to get back on track.  Maybe tonight's game at Minute Maid Park will be the start to a new winning streak?  Go Astros!

P.S. Sports radio in Houston has been discussing the Astros playoff pitching rotation.  Do you let JV start or bump him to a bullpen role?  Framber, Kikuchi, Hunter Brown, and ???  JV or Ronel Blanco?  This presumes JV is healthy and can pitch in the playoffs.  Arrighetti in or out?  What are your thoughts?

Pitching will be ok. Verlander has not been as dominant but nothing that a little run support can’t handle. Arrighetti had one of those games (the inning from hell) that all pitchers have experienced. I say he’s in. Picked up another 1st baseman. I happen to like Singleton but they say he hasn’t panned out. To me, Dezenzo is a bust. Bats need to wake up. Too many lineup changes to get any real chemistry. 
Go Stros!