What do you think about the new signs in Port Arthur?

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

The design doesn't look right, but I absolutely have no problem with new signs going up, they're actually long overdue like a number of things here. 

Street and drainage should’ve been addressed first.  Then more law enforcement patrolling in certain areas.  Then maybe moving faster to revitalize pleasure island…

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Street and drainage should’ve been addressed first.  Then more law enforcement patrolling in certain areas.  Then maybe moving faster to revitalize pleasure island…

In which all of what you just stated can be done at the same time, some of it has, seen it firsthand in my mother's neighborhood and across PA. 

Street and drainage situation will forever be an ongoing thing here btw, has been since the 80s & it's 2024 now. 

52 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The problem with law enforcement (and everything) is cost. It is more so with law enforcement. 

PA is divided into 8 patrol districts. I have no idea about Beaumont.

Patrol officers work four 10 hour shifts.

At three shifts a day and seven days a week, so it would take the hiring of six additional officers to put a single officer on the street for a week.

At approximately $150,00 per officer, it is roughly one million dollars to add a single officer to a single district around the clock. The police department already has the largest budget in the city.

So if one district (or even a couple of combined districts) would greatly improve by adding a single officer, it would cost one million dollars.

I say, let’s add 18 more and increase the patrol shift by three officers per shift but I can guarantee that they won’t add $3,000,000 to the budget and that isn’t a one time expense.

That million or 3 million will be spent elsewhere.

Maybe on a couple of signs….. 🤣

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

The problem with law enforcement (and everything) is cost. It is more so with law enforcement. 

PA is divided into 8 patrol districts. I have no idea about Beaumont.

Patrol officers work four 10 hour shifts.

At three shifts a day and seven days a week, so it would take the hiring of six additional officers to put a single officer on the street for a week.

At approximately $150,00 per officer, it is roughly one million dollars to add a single officer to a single district around the clock. The police department already has the largest budget in the city.

So if one district (or even a couple of combined districts) would greatly improve by adding a single officer, it would cost one million dollars.

I say, let’s add 18 more and increase the patrol shift by three officers per shift but I can guarantee that they won’t add $3,000,000 to the budget and that isn’t a one time expense.

That million or 3 million will be spent elsewhere.

Maybe on a couple of signs….. 🤣

Nice explanation.