2024 Newton Eagles football.

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

I don't know a whole lot about his family other than they're wealthy people who have had a hand in politics. I don't know them well enough personally to make statements concerning their character. But Luke's a good kid and a good athlete so judging by that I'd say they're good people. 

I know them and consider them friends. They are just middle class people who have high standards and morals. Great family who works hard. They do not use politics to advance themselves in any way. Luke would have started last year but was held back probably because of who he is. 

25 minutes ago, longball24 said:

I know them and consider them friends. They are just middle class people who have high standards and morals. Great family who works hard. They do not use politics to advance themselves in any way. Luke would have started last year but was held back probably because of who he is. 

Who would hold him back because of "who he is"? And why would they do that? 

1 hour ago, longball24 said:

He may have been held back because he was not good enough to play varsity or at least was not good enough to be a starting QB on varsity. They may have wanted him to keep getting QB reps that would have been unavailable on varsity.

Definitely was not on the level with the varsity QB.   

32 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

All I need to know is they are a family of attorneys and politicians.......

Again you don’t know who they are and could care less about getting to know them. They are Christian first individuals who put others ahead of themselves. They are better at turning the other cheek than I am.

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

Who would hold him back because of "who he is"? And why would they do that? 

That’s a good question. Who would have a player of this caliber and put him on JV. Why would they do that. I bet every where he goes he is asked that Question.

6 minutes ago, longball24 said:

Again you don’t know who they are and could care less about getting to know them. They are Christian first individuals who put others ahead of themselves. They are better at turning the other cheek than I am.

Yep I am sure they are the only attorneys and politicians who don't lie. cheat or steal to get ahead........... 👍

9 minutes ago, longball24 said:

That’s a good question. Who would have a player of this caliber and put him on JV. Why would they do that. I bet every where he goes he is asked that Question.

I saw him play JV ball.

He was where he needed to be.

He is not a sure thing to be a starter on varsity this year.

He has some physical abilities but does not have the decision making or leadership skills for the varsity level.

I think you need to do a little background work and you will feel bad about what you are assuming. Christians who are honest,loyal, patriotic, hard working and driven to be more than average. Their Christian faith guides how they live.

5 minutes ago, longball24 said:

I think you need to do a little background work and you will feel bad about what you are assuming. Christians who are honest,loyal, patriotic, hard working and driven to be more than average. Their Christian faith guides how they live.

Like this kinda background work? Do I need to do more? 

After the 1996 election, Babin became involved in a campaign finance scandal concerning $37,000 in illegal donations from businessman Peter Cloeren that were moved through "vehicles" to circumvent the individual contribution limit of $1,000. Cloeren asserted in an 

This is the hidden content, please
 that Babin and then-

laundered his donations through other candidates and organisations.
 Babin and DeLay denied his allegations.
Cloeren pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations, paid a $400,000 fine and received a two-year suspended prison sentence. Babin paid a $20,000 civil penalty and paid back $5,000 in excessive contributions for "accepting an excessive contribution and a contribution in the name of another and failing to disclose financial activity properly."

8 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

I saw him play JV ball.

He has some physical abilities but does not have the decision making or leadership skills for the varsity level.

When did you see him. Probably didn’t realize he had virtually no reps in practice he just stood around and got a little work running opposing teams plays. The only instruction he got was going to camps  and working with the professionals which was a blessing. Most kids only get daddy ball instruction that’s why you don’t see them at the next level.

24 minutes ago, longball24 said:

A good question that you choose not to answer I guess lol. He was good enough to play varsity on most 3A teams as a freshman. He just wasn't the best option as a starting qb for Woodville yet and the coaching staff decided it would be better to have him getting more reps on jv rather than being a back up or playing another position on varsity. It was a good decision in my opinion but I can understand your stance to some extent. But the claims that someone is purposely trying to hold him back is just bogus. 

2 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

Like this kinda background work? Do I need to do more? 

After the 1996 election, Babin became involved in a campaign finance scandal concerning $37,000 in illegal donations from businessman Peter Cloeren that were moved through "vehicles" to circumvent the individual contribution limit of $1,000. Cloeren asserted in an 

that Babin and then-

laundered his donations through other candidates and organisations.
 Babin and DeLay denied his allegations.
Cloeren pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations, paid a $400,000 fine and received a two-year suspended prison sentence. Babin paid a $20,000 civil penalty and paid back $5,000 in excessive contributions for "accepting an excessive contribution and a contribution in the name of another and failing to disclose financial activity properly."

I get it now. You are a Biden fan.😀

5 minutes ago, longball24 said:

Not really, most of the mess you read on the internet is not true. You need to look up the definition of Credulous.

We get it...... You are right and it is always someone else's fault just like in the baseball forum.👍

40 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

I saw him play JV ball.

110%

27 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

A good question that you choose not to answer I guess lol. He was good enough to play varsity on most 3A teams as a freshman. He just wasn't the best option as a starting qb for Woodville yet and the coaching staff decided it would be better to have him getting more reps on jv rather than being a back up or playing another position on varsity. It was a good decision in my opinion but I can understand your stance to some extent. But the claims that someone is purposely trying to hold him back is just bogus. 

And in this case, the answer is: "He was not good enough to be a varsity QB on Woodville and really not most 3A teams". He was a JV QB who was able to win most of his JV games, but he struggled at times against 3A JV competition. Just not sure how he received his "D1 anointing". 

***However, I expect him to be a good QB in the future. 

12 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

We get it...... You are right and it is always someone else's fault just like in the baseball forum.👍

12 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

34 minutes ago, longball24 said:

When did you see him. Probably didn’t realize he had virtually no reps in practice he just stood around and got a little work running opposing teams plays. The only instruction he got was going to camps  and working with the professionals which was a blessing. Most kids only get daddy ball instruction that’s why you don’t see them at the next level.

I watched him get shut down by a mediocre (at best) Coldspring JV. If anyone knows anything, they know what JV players do at the 3A and 2A levels. Coaches keep their jobs based upon varsity results. There are not enough coaches to coach JV separately and there is not enough time in the day for JV players to get the same reps and work as varsity players. 

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

I watched him get shut down by a mediocre (at best) Coldspring JV. If anyone knows anything, they know what JV players do at the 3A and 2A levels. Coaches keep their jobs based upon varsity results. There are not enough coaches to coach JV separately and there is not enough time in the day for JV players to get the same reps and work as varsity players. 

Bruh, you have no clue what your talking about. He didn't struggle at all on jv. The lowest scoring game was 22 against Franklin's jv the first game of the year and Franklin barely gave up anything the rest of the year. The Coldspring game was a damn mudbowl. Everyone knows that was a fluke. All you have to do is look at the scores against similar opponents. 

6 hours ago, Setx fan said:

Bruh, you have no clue what your talking about. He didn't struggle at all on jv. The lowest scoring game was 22 against Franklin's jv the first game of the year and Franklin barely gave up anything the rest of the year. The Coldspring game was a damn mudbowl. Everyone knows that was a fluke. All you have to do is look at the scores against similar opponents. 

Now who is making excuses.

9 hours ago, Setx fan said:

Yes, they tied for 1st place with Coldspring and he lost head to head with Coldspring. He showed himself to be a JV QB who lost to a CS team with "not one player remotely close to being varsity caliber". You can make all the excuses that you want.