Article On Lake Travis' QB/Junior QB throws 7 TD passes, two shy of Record

our corners and safeties will have to smother the receivers all night. coach stewart will have them prepared i'm sure. got to keep alot of pressure on the quarterback. going to be a tough game. i believe they can and will do it. can't turn the ball over on mistakes though. got to play a near perfect game to stay alive. the broncos want this one. "go broncos" "all the way to state"

This will be the first spread attach Dayton has faced since the Nederland game.

Will be an AWEsome game...

The key....

Stopping the spread inside the 20.

Looks like both teams will move the ball up and down the field, but scoring inside the 20 is when the spread usually stalls.

You got to like the stats that the Dayton defense has put up all year.

Waller got 21 points but never had a drive over 60 yards for points.

Dayton can not have two or more turnovers and come up on top.

What a game this will be.

As mentioned earlier, there will probably be 100 points combined scored in this game.

i just think this is kinda funny

"Junior QB throws 7 TD passes, two shy of tying state record"

Junior quarterback Garrett Gilbert threw for 278 yards and seven touchdown passes — just one away from tying the all-time state record — on a 24-of-31 passing night that saw Lake Travis put up Madden-esque numbers.

i bet this newspaper editor was upset lol

Westlake and Connally held him under 50% completions and he tossed 4 INTs vs the Chaps.  You guys have better speed, you just have to be phsyical and get after him, and don't allow any running game or kick returns.  They don't take them all the way, they just get good field position.  Is Nederland like Friendswood?  LT is very much like Friendswood, but they pass more.  Lake Travis has trouble with athletic teams, you will be held, so be ready.  don't get in a shootout, you will likley lose, that means your defense is getting torched.  They don't rely on defense, just SCORING!

That is true,6 of their wins against teams w/20 wins between them & 40 losses.Remember this,Dayton has played a much harder schedule & could have put up many more points but instead let reserves & jv boys get playing time & they kneeled to let the clock run down near the goal line.So Dayton's 478 pts.scored could have been more/defensive pts.allowed could have been less had the "A" team remained on the field.

Westlake and Connally held him under 50% completions and he tossed 4 INTs vs the Chaps.  You guys have better speed, you just have to be phsyical and get after him, and don't allow any running game or kick returns.  They don't take them all the way, they just get good field position.  Is Nederland like Friendswood?  LT is very much like Friendswood, but they pass more.  Lake Travos has trouble with athletic teams, you will be held, so be ready.  don't get in a shootout, you will likley lose, that means your defense is getting torched.  They don't rely on defense, just SCORING!

Friendswood was huge but correct me if i'm wrong I don't think Dayton had the current lineup as far as defense goes when they played Friendswood.  I believe Dayton's defense has been revamped since that game, pretty sure of it.  But of course as it goes with well coached teams adjustments are made throughout the season so I expect the same for LT as well.  I see LT scoring but not much.  Dayton's defense is just to fast and pesky for them and if they do decide to run they will have short drives because that is what Dayton's defense does, they force good offensive teams to make everything go up the middle because you can't run outside on Dayton they are too fast.  Can't wait until friday.  Also, it looks like there is going to be rain in the forecast and that would be great for Dayton and aweful for LT since they are a passing team.  Go Big D!

Bad for the small, fast team, since Kyle Field is GRASS and LT is a big team with average speed.  Their WRs know where they are going, but the DBs don't!

The field at A&M is cut very short (almost like a putting green).

If it doesn't rain a lot on Friday, it should be very close to playing on the new hybrid turf.

If the field is wet, it will have an impact on the game.

Dear Rkhufu7,

I have seen you on a couple of other boards questioning the Dayton defense.  First of all I am not a Dayton fan unless we (nederland bulldogs) are out of contention.The answer is YES they are that good. I stood and watched them in amazement as they blanked a pretty good  Nederland team 63-0. I don't know how they do it.  They are fast, hit hard, and seem to always be at the right place at the right time.  I hope you are at the game.  I am not saying that Dayton will blowout Lake Travis.  I am saying you will definitely see a a very good football team. Oh yeah... they have a pretty good offense too.

Dear dme1111,

I have no idea how they do it either.  They shut down a really good Nederland spread offense and then come back the next week and stuff a really good PN-G smashmouth running game.  They run a 3-4 because they can never seem to find the hogs up front, but athletes they do have.  That 63-0 game was bit of a fluke though, Nederland was a much better team than the score indicated.  I'd take any of the top 5 teams from our district and say they could have beat Livingston and Crosby for sure, Waller probably, and 50/50 for Texas City.  How in the heck are Texas City and Dickinson 4A anyway?  They must be right below the cut-off for 5A.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats

• It’s a fact.  Are you not bothered with those?  Big girl also has an issue with facts.  Must be a liberal thing!
    • That’s kinda over-simplifying matters.    Are you talking about local politics or the platforms of the DNC/RNC? They’re two completely different scenarios.    To be frank, a politician couldn’t get elected in Hardin County as a Republican… until 2010-2011 when the locals all switched to the R Party.    I think that the truest example of a Democrat is the late George Wallace, Governor of Alabama. He ran in 1958 against a staunch segregationist and lost big time. Both Dems, btw. He came back in 1962 as a hardcore opponent of integration and won handily, becoming the racist spokesperson for a South that wanted to remain segregated. By 1982 he won his last term as Governor of alabama, still as a democrat, but carrying over 90% of the black vote.    Who switched? Was it the party? The politicians? The people? All of the above, in all different directions and over a period of about 60 years.   The problem with arguments about switching is that there are no constants.  We all know that guy…. southern accent, white-headed flat top haircut, short sleeve western shirt with those old wrangler double-knit pants. He probably held public office all over the south, and he had some really crazy ideas about race…. Might not have been in the Klan, but knew a bunch of people who were or had been. And he voted 100% Democrat.     We can all say “yeah, and he became a Republican after the civil rights act was passed!” And we’d be wrong.  The truth is that those old ideals and ways of thinking pretty much died off.    The truth of the matter is that the civil rights act passed the senate with a 71-29 vote majority.  But it’s interesting to point out that the 71 “yes” votes were actually 27 Republicans and 44 Democrats voting “for” the civil rights act, with 6 Republicans and 21 Democrats voting against the Civil Rights Act.  So which party was in favor and which one opposed?   And now 60 years later, with an ideological split in America, both sides are trying to claim moral superiority and cast blame over history that, to be frank, we don’t understand.    But to be honest, the Democrat party of 2024 is not what it was… and neither is the Republican. Just because things are so black-and -white today doesn’t mean that they always have been. 
    • We wont win the series, but it would be nice to get a win today before heading to Baltimore. 
    • Like who?  Do you have any names of actual applicants? Asking because I have not seen a list of applicants. 
  • Topics