still think their aren't 4 teams in a district deserving of playoffs?

Guest Kelly Football

Guest Kelly Football

Pflugerville finished 4th in district 14-5a, losing to all of the rest of 14-5a's playoff teams. Last year it was Round Rocks shock the world tour as the 4th place team in 14-5a and this year Pville has surpassed Round Rock. 4th place team now in the State Championship.

I don't like 4 teams in the playoffs, BUT...  How many times have you heard (or said) that a certain team had a bad day and got beat by a worse team? or "we beat them everywhere but on the scoreboard".  Some of those cases are true and those teams are proving it in the playoffs.  However, I still think you need to earn it in your own district FIRST!

• 6 months later...
Guest Ozen

Pflugerville finished 4th in district 14-5a, losing to all of the rest of 14-5a's playoff teams. Last year it was Round Rocks shock the world tour as the 4th place team in 14-5a and this year Pville has surpassed Round Rock. 4th place team now in the State Championship.

This is why 4 teams should go!!!

Look at how many college teams make bowl games. Look at how many teams make the playoffs in the NBA. Has anyone checked how many teams make the playoffs in the CFL?...that's right, 8 out of 9. They've added wild card teams to the NFL and MLB.

This is all about the UIL and making money. This only adds one week to DI. All the wannabes will be gone by week 2 anyway. The underdogs who put together a string of wins and play for the championship...what could be better than that?

Guest ECBucFan

Is this about 7 on 7? If so, its absolutely meaningless to real football. Someone recently posted about some team who "won state" in 7 on 7, then failed to make the real playoffs.

4 teams water down and cheapen the playoffs. Period. Its all about UIL revenues and some coaches (who couldn't really make the playoffs) falsely building a resume'. Mark my words: one day ALL teams will "make" the playoffs. That disgusts me!  :P   

Is this about 7 on 7? If so, its absolutely meaningless to real football. Someone recently posted about some team who "won state" in 7 on 7, then failed to make the real playoffs.

4 teams water down and cheapen the playoffs. Period. Its all about UIL revenues and some coaches (who couldn't really make the playoffs) falsely building a resume'. Mark my words: one day ALL teams will "make" the playoffs. That disgusts me!  :P   

100 % accurate--all about revenues and resumes--four teams is garbage--plain and simple

why not let them all go????......4 teams is and always will be about one thing----->$$$$$

Its is and always will be a bad decison to me no matter how many 4th place finishers end up playing or winning the state championship. Its almost as bad as having big and small school "champions".....pathetic.

why not let them all go????......4 teams is and always will be about one thing----->$$$$$

Its is and always will be a bad decison to me no matter how many 4th place finishers end up playing or winning the state championship. Its almost as bad as having big and small school "champions".....pathetic.

I can see your point of view. I wonder though, if your team came in 4th and happened to win state, would you think it undeserving, or would you say that you knew your team had it in them all the time and finally put it together? I've seen teams in many sports start out weak and finish strong. Could that possibly be the case?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham