Hardin-Jefferson hires Keithan Hancock!!!!

4 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Thank you, Looks like a great resume!

The resume is only part of it.  He knows how to connect to the players as well as push them and hold them accountable 

Not all coaches figure out in-game decisions but Just like his brother Tremaine his in-game adjustments sets him apart.

what does HJ have coming back? What’s the JH program look like? Maybe @AggiesAreWe can answer that?

24 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

The resume is only part of it.  He knows how to connect to the players as well as push them and hold them accountable 

Not all coaches figure out in-game decisions but Just like his brother Tremaine his in-game adjustments sets him apart.

what does HJ have coming back? What’s the JH program look like? Maybe @AggiesAreWe can answer that?

Middle school and Freshmen teams were pretty good. JV was descent. I think HJ will be really good in 2-3 years.

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

This could also help open up that Beaumont talent transfer pipeline with his time coaching at BU.  

Not happening. HJ is no longer an open enrollment ISD. The school district is very proud of the academic standard it has established and will protect that standard. A student MUST provide proof of residency within the school district in order to attend HJ schools. This info came straight from the top.

Also, knowing the schools that play in HJ's basketball district (Huffman, Livingston, Liberty, HF, Shepherd, Tarkington) I know for a fact that transfers will be voted ineligible from the DEC if it even looks remotely like its a transfer for athletic purposes.

Hardin-Jefferson will be just fine as is.

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not happening. HJ is no longer an open enrollment ISD. The school district is very proud of the academic standard it has established and will protect that standard. A student MUST provide proof of residency within the school district in order to attend HJ schools. This info came straight from the top.

Also, knowing the schools that play in HJ's basketball district (Huffman, Livingston, Liberty, HF, Shepherd, Tarkington) I know for a fact that transfers will be voted ineligible from the DEC if it even looks remotely like its a transfer for athletic purposes.

I haven’t kept up with them much since I changed allegiances.  Didn’t realize they’d stopped doing OE 

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Exactly.