Bridge City hires Andrew Daspit

3 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

I saw them several times and never thought that team was good.  They did well in an awful district, but what happened when they played the only quality team in Silsbee? 70 piece.  Then they lost to a 4 seed in the playoffs. 

I think Robertson is a good coach that does more with less.  A lot like Coach Mitchell at Lumberton.

Silsbee beat everybody like that, you should’ve saw them against LCM

20 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yep. Was messaged by Coach Mitchell

So his tenure at Hamshire Fannett was even shorter than his dad's!  I guess I get it.  Hard to pass up a chance to learn from one of the masters in Josh Mitchell.

1 hour ago, 72 Pinto said:

So his tenure at Hamshire Fannett was even shorter than his dad's!  I guess I get it.  Hard to pass up a chance to learn from one of the masters in Josh Mitchell.

that typically what happens when you get a better job offer so maybe he got one. Kinda like how somebody ran from their  program cause it was tanking once Harley’s talent ran out. 

3 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

Pretty sure he was at the HF basketball camp last week.  It sure didn’t last long 

5 hours ago, Excoach1970 said:

that typically what happens when you get a better job offer so maybe he got one. Kinda like how somebody ran from their  program cause it was tanking once Harley’s talent ran out. 

Not really following much of this.  You think Lumberton is a better job than Hamshire Fannett?

19 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

Not really following much of this.  You think Lumberton is a better job than Hamshire Fannett?

It may pay a little better, but not enough to really notice on a pay check.  That said, not sure where he lives.  Might be a better commute or something.  HF is clearly the better job, from the coaching aspect.  It’s also a good place to work.  I can’t speak for lumberton on that one way or another, but would assume it’s probably a good place to work as well.  

On 6/15/2024 at 8:53 PM, bullets13 said:

Pretty sure he was at the HF basketball camp last week.  It sure didn’t last long 

Lance Robertson is back in Orange County. The former Bridge City coach is the new girls basketball coach at WOS. Meantime son Randall was going to Hamshire-Fannett but has to join the Lumberton Raider staff.

per KOGT.com

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Bridge City hires Andrew Daspit
5 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

Lance Robertson is back in Orange County. The former Bridge City coach is the new girls basketball coach at WOS. Meantime son Randall was going to Hamshire-Fannett but has to join the Lumberton Raider staff.

per KOGT.com

Great hire for Coach Mitchell, Coach Randall did a great job at BC made tons of history. I know Mitchell’s kids will graduate in 3 years so maybe it’s Randalls job when Mitchell leaves in 3 years??? Homerun hire for the Raiders.