PN-G hires OF's Erickson

• Bobcat1 changed the title to PN-G hires OF's Erickson
On 5/31/2024 at 11:52 AM, Sports86 said:

Tim Erickson is a great coach and would do well where ever he coaches. His basic rules are tough and everyone has to buy in, including parents.

Hair not allowed to touch your collar

Clean shaving

Not one talks to him or the players while on the field (He will not talk much off the field either)

No dying you hair when you make the play offs

No big sunglasses 

That's a few. he does get results.. 

Definitely runs a tight ship. 

When I played for him we have to wear button down shirts on game days and no phones on the bus to/from games.

He’ll do good here. 

Congrats!

2 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

He had a really good run at Orangefield, but can't blame the guy for moving up in classification, prestige, and income!

Agreed.  And with a disclaimer that I don’t know ANY inside info on this one, I can tell you that my OF peeps are BIG mad over this one.  Doesn’t seem shocking to me at all, seems like a no brainer from a coaching standpoint.  But it seems some think there is more involved here internally in Bobcat country.  

On 6/14/2024 at 3:20 PM, TxHoops said:

Agreed.  And with a disclaimer that I don’t know ANY inside info on this one, I can tell you that my OF peeps are BIG mad over this one.  Doesn’t seem shocking to me at all, seems like a no brainer from a coaching standpoint.  But it seems some think there is more involved here internally in Bobcat country.  

Several have cast blame at the new AD for this happening and I just don't see it that way.  Orangefield has basically turned into a little PNG over the years so there are lots of similarities, but you can't be upset about a guy bettering his situation in all facets.  For the record, the new Orangefield coach is a rock star too.

8 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

Several have cast blame at the new AD for this happening and I just don't see it that way.  Orangefield has basically turned into a little PNG over the years so there are lots of similarities, but you can't be upset about a guy bettering his situation in all facets.  For the record, the new Orangefield coach is a rock star too.

Seemed like a natural move for Erickson to me too.  Just seeing a lot of insinuations toward what you say.  As I said, I know nothing of anything going on behind the scenes; just a lot of chatter about it.  And completely agree on the new hire.  His wife and her sister are excellent in their own rights so was happy to see him back in OF with the head job. 

On 5/23/2024 at 7:27 AM, PlayActionPass said:

Understood, but I'm not a fan of "people" besmirching the good name of a great baseball coach.

Keyboard warriors who hide behind screen names and talk bad about coaches should have their.........

Now, with that being said, who is on the short list?

Sounds like they’re avoiding “besmirching” him.  Besmirching would be giving all the details, which them not doing seems to be what you’re really upset about.