Warren High School is open

On 5/31/2024 at 9:02 AM, 88Warrior said:

sigh….. Got to feel for the kids….real late for a HC to leave…

And he left for a private school. Yikes. Either he pissed the wrong school board member off, or it's a move for family reasons. 

30 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

And he left for a private school. Yikes. Either he pissed the wrong school board member off, or it's a move for family reasons. 

What private school? He’s not from around the area, I don’t believe so maybe he gets back closer to home? 

Man I really feel bad for Warren.  My dad taught there for years and loved that school.  They have great kids and a great community.  I think (possibly naively) that anything can work and be successful if you work hard enough at it.  Best of luck to the Warriors on their search.

7 hours ago, 2wedge said:

3 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Wouldn’t be surprised 

Nor would it be the 1st time that a Warren school board member got butt hurt and misused power.

Warren is just a stepping stone for young and upcoming coaches/ADs.  They had a good guy in Buckner a few years ago who was wanting to stay and make it long term, but they got rid of him. 

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Nor would it be the 1st time that a Warren school board member got butt hurt and misused power.

Warren is just a stepping stone for young and upcoming coaches/ADs.  They had a good guy in Buckner a few years ago who was wanting to stay and make it long term, but they got rid of him. 

Where is he at now? 

16 hours ago, 2wedge said:

I was told he is leaving to get back closer to family.  He came to Warren from CC Calallen.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

This statement is why Warren will never be successful in football. 

Well having the AD/HFC combined position hasn’t exactly been the answer over the last 75 years (or however long Warren’s been playing football).  This is probably the best move they could make with Smithey bailing so late.  At least it provides the kids with some stability as these two guys were there this past year. The program is been trending in a positive direction over the last three years why not stay the course with two guys who want to be there…Wishing the best for Warren.