Phelan and Karl Rove!

Does anyone ever listen to Michael Berry.  He said that Phelan enlisted Rove to help his campaign.  Rove identified 1,400 Democrats that had not voted in the Democratic primary.  This would make them available to vote for Phelan.  Now, since Phelan won by 366 votes, how many of these 1,400 actually voted?   It's my understanding that the only county Phelan won was Jeff County.  So, is this where Rove got the 1,400 names?  My question: what was promised to these 1,400 Democrats to do this?  Berry said, if I'm remembering right, that big money out of Midland area was pushing for Phelan. If he won, seems like their interest would be served not ours. Then it was said that Phelan won't be speaker again.  Berry said these big money people didn't get involved for him to NOT be Speaker again.

On 5/31/2024 at 2:19 PM, Reagan said:

Does anyone ever listen to Michael Berry.  He said that Phelan enlisted Rove to help his campaign.  Rove identified 1,400 Democrats that had not voted in the Democratic primary.  This would make them available to vote for Phelan.  Now, since Phelan won by 366 votes, how many of these 1,400 actually voted?   It's my understanding that the only county Phelan won was Jeff County.  So, is this where Rove got the 1,400 names?  My question: what was promised to these 1,400 Democrats to do this?  Berry said, if I'm remembering right, that big money out of Midland area was pushing for Phelan. If he won, seems like their interest would be served not ours. Then it was said that Phelan won't be speaker again.  Berry said these big money people didn't get involved for him to NOT be Speaker again.

I like Michael Berry, but he is just offering up an opiniated possibility. I also remember when he was against Trump in the first election...said he wasn't "presidential" enough. Now he loves him.

On 6/3/2024 at 1:28 PM, SmashMouth said:

I like Michael Berry, but he is just offering up an opiniated possibility. I also remember when he was against Trump in the first election...said he wasn't "presidential" enough. Now he loves him.

I listened to Berry's conversation live.  Then I went back to listen to the repeat to make sure what I heard was correct.  Did you happen to listen to it?  He didn't appear to obfuscate or in any way make it sound as if it was just an opinion.  He stated it fairly bluntly.  Do you have any reason to believe he was not telling the truth?  

As for as Trump the first round, I was a total supporter of Ted Cruz.  I wasn't sure about Trump either.  But once he won the nomination I was 100% behind him.  As for as I'm concerned he did a great job.  

On 5/31/2024 at 2:19 PM, Reagan said:

Berry said, if I'm remembering right, that big money out of Midland area was pushing for Phelan. If he won, seems like their interest would be served not ours. Then it was said that Phelan won't be speaker again.  Berry said these big money people didn't get involved for him to NOT be Speaker again.

@Reagan This is the part that seems like opinion and not fact.

19 hours ago, Reagan said:

I listened to Berry's conversation live.  Then I went back to listen to the repeat to make sure what I heard was correct.  Did you happen to listen to it?  He didn't appear to obfuscate or in any way make it sound as if it was just an opinion.  He stated it fairly bluntly.  Do you have any reason to believe he was not telling the truth?  

As for as Trump the first round, I was a total supporter of Ted Cruz.  I wasn't sure about Trump either.  But once he won the nomination I was 100% behind him.  As for as I'm concerned he did a great job.  

Unfortunately for Mr. Berry, it seems that every candidate he latches onto and endorses ends up losing their race. There was a long period of time where he wouldn't endorse at all, and still doesn't in many races, but he has latched onto a few candidates here recently. As much as I enjoy his show, it's clear often that he is operating off of pure opinion and rumor with no real basis for the things he says. As far as Phelan goes, I was not a supporter, but lots of folks were. Lots of influential BMT local politicians were pushing Phelan and that was probably enough to get him over the finish line. Roy West in particular had a huge hand in him winning Jefferson County by the margin he won. To me, it's as simple as that and not as underhanded as Berry would have you believe. 

On 6/7/2024 at 11:26 AM, CardinalBacker said:

The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries. They know he’s an easy out.  

Are the Dems also attending his rallies? Bunch of people attending...must be full of impersonators trying to fool the public.

Why would any sane person dare "acknowledge" this opinion? If Trump is such an easy out, not only are they voting in his primaries, they are manufacturing 90+ felonies to imprison and bankrupt him? Why bother with the latter if he is so easy to beat?

15 hours ago, Englebert said:

Are the Dems also attending his rallies? Bunch of people attending...must be full of impersonators trying to fool the public.

Why would any sane person dare "acknowledge" this opinion? If Trump is such an easy out, not only are they voting in his primaries, they are manufacturing 90+ felonies to imprison and bankrupt him? Why bother with the latter if he is so easy to beat?

The only thing Dems were worried about was Trump falling out of favor with the red-hatted Morons. 

The numbers are there. Trump is running even with Biden, while unknowns like Haley led Biden by 13 points in national polling.  

They aren’t trying to keep Trump off of the ballot.  In fact, the only suits filed to keep Trump off of the ballot in certain states were filed by Republicans who realized that despite being the best ever at selling political merchandise, Trump got lucky in ‘16 and has gotten smacked in the last election cycles.  

It’s actually more than that because  candidates be endorsed like Covey got burned in runoffs, too. 

On 6/7/2024 at 11:26 AM, CardinalBacker said:

The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries. They know he’s an easy out.  

I have a better one.

The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries and in the general so he will win the presidency. That way Trump will get the blame when the Dems implement their sinister plan to deport all of the minorities in the country. They have already laid the groundwork...convincing everyone that Trump and Republicans are racist (without providing any proof). Then it will be just a matter of time to execute their White supremacy plan of the great purge of the dirty, unwashed, heathen, non-Whites that roam freely in this country.

I think my theory is more viable than your theory. Maybe we can get some other ridiculous scenarios so we can start a poll.