Bmt United: Will there be a drop off

5 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Now that the 2 Hancock’s are gone?

luckily dropping to 5A will help….some 

No disrespect to the Hancock brothers (one in the world's baggiest suit and the other in a baby suit), but them losing 6 D1 athletes over the last three years is why they will drop off.  A butterfly could have coached those teams successfully. 

14 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

No disrespect to the Hancock brothers (one in the world's baggiest suit and the other in a baby suit), but them losing 6 D1 athletes over the last three years is why they will drop off.  A butterfly could have coached those teams successfully. 

I get that. And most will say that givin the d1 athletes…..myself included, but 4trips in a row….come on now 

I know that they probably don’t win that 2nd sc without them and probably not make it as far the last two years. (Those that are in the know…know) They re able to connect to players and manage those d1 egos and know who should play where and when giving certain situations in game.

tremaine just turned around a bottom dweller team in the Corpus Christi area to a playoff contender in one year.

yes having athletes make it a lil easier but when you repeat to state 4 years in a row coaching is a huge part of that.  Your last comment is ridiculous….there is more to coaching than just throwing athletes in defensive and offensive sets.

United has more coming thru the pipeline…..let’s see how Green manages/coaches it.

On 6/13/2024 at 8:24 AM, 5GallonBucket said:

I get that. And most will say that givin the d1 athletes…..myself included, but 4trips in a row….come on now 

I know that they probably don’t win that 2nd sc without them and probably not make it as far the last two years. (Those that are in the know…know) They re able to connect to players and manage those d1 egos and know who should play where and when giving certain situations in game.

tremaine just turned around a bottom dweller team in the Corpus Christi area to a playoff contender in one year.

yes having athletes make it a lil easier but when you repeat to state 4 years in a row coaching is a huge part of that.  Your last comment is ridiculous….there is more to coaching than just throwing athletes in defensive and offensive sets.

United has more coming thru the pipeline…..let’s see how Green manages/coaches it.

THIS!!!!

There's always going to be talent in Beaumont.

People are kidding themselves if they think a big drop off is going to happen. The upcoming freshman kid is already 6'8 and still growing. I'm sure they'll find a way to work with that.

On 6/18/2024 at 3:56 PM, Tigers94 said:

There's always going to be talent in Beaumont.

People are kidding themselves if they think a big drop off is going to happen. The upcoming freshman kid is already 6'8 and still growing. I'm sure they'll find a way to work with that.

I ve been watching him the last several years.  If he keeps grinding and keeps improving he ll be D1.

nah there will be a drop off.  Those two did the bulk of the work Unless they hire two more just like them but I don’t see that happening 

bu was very fortunate to have both of them on staff