Coaches on the move

2 hours ago, CougarCrazy124 said:

It's not even about offense that made them good. They defended when it mattered. Was it perfect, no. But was it good, yes. Good luck finding someone who can help win more than 23 games after this season .. I've seen and heard what we have coming up. I hope we can fair well in our tough district. 

To the casual fan, it’s all about offense.  They don’t seem to notice anything about the other end of the floor.  That is at all levels (NBA finals this year was a prime example).  

Your point is spot on with me.  I was extremely impressed with the Buna girls defensively.  They defended better than 90 percent of high school girls teams I’ve seen.  And a huge part of that was the effort they gave.  All of that tends to be directly related to coaching in my experience.  

18 hours ago, TxHoops said:

To the casual fan, it’s all about offense.  They don’t seem to notice anything about the other end of the floor.  That is at all levels (NBA finals this year was a prime example).  

Your point is spot on with me.  I was extremely impressed with the Buna girls defensively.  They defended better than 90 percent of high school girls teams I’ve seen.  And a huge part of that was the effort they gave.  All of that tends to be directly related to coaching in my experience.  

You're right. They played really good defense. They had what I considered to be the best defensive player in the district in Reese Sherman. If not the best top 3 for sure. 

On 6/18/2024 at 6:32 AM, CougarCrazy124 said:

Incorrect, his first season he won 14 games. Same amount of wins Buna had the season prior to KJ getting there. Like I said, I know KJ personally and we talk almost daily. He thinks the whole 6-51 thing is comical.  

Its there in black and white. If you find where he won 14 games post the link here. I'm betting you cant find it.

9 minutes ago, gogo173489 said:

You're right. They played really good defense. They had what I considered to be the best defensive player in the district in Reese Sherman. If not the best top 3 for sure. 

I know exactly who you are talking about.  And I didn’t see enough of the district to say one way or another but I don’t doubt you based upon what I saw.  I commented to someone else on this site that I really liked the way she defended. 

On 6/18/2024 at 6:32 AM, CougarCrazy124 said:

Incorrect, his first season he won 14 games. Same amount of wins Buna had the season prior to KJ getting there. Like I said, I know KJ personally and we talk almost daily. He thinks the whole 6-51 thing is comical.  

You also may want to check on how many games the Buna girls won the year before he got there. May not have won more than 23, but they won more district games and finished 3rd as opposed to finishing 4th last season. That with their 2 best players a year younger than when KJ had them. Reese was the offensive player of the year her junior year and regressed her senior year.