QB Controversy Brewing in Crosby

9 hours ago, Old Ape said:

Got 4 candidates!!!

Incumbent/ JV kid

Coaches Son

Sophomore move in from Randall

Sophomore move back in from BH

Should be interesting!!!

Sophomore move back in? Not the kid who left because Prieto's boy was there, is it? 

On 6/14/2024 at 12:29 PM, Old Ape said:

Yes! Apparently he did not beat out the Z kid at BH and has gone back to Barrett

This is insane. What a waste of a football career for this young man. A sophomore and has already run away from two situations where he could compete for the job. Unfortunate, because I heard they were high on him in BH, but it's unreasonable to think a school like BH would designate a Sophomore as their starter in the Spring of his Freshman year. Pitiful. 

On 6/13/2024 at 10:39 PM, Old Ape said:

Got 4 candidates!!!

Incumbent/ JV kid

Coaches Son

Should be interesting!!!

The transfer back from BH has a good chance to start if he figures the offense out. His mobility has always left something to be desired but he can improve that and will certainly need to in Willis’ offense. What’s never been in question is the arm talent. FB Crawford transfer would’ve eventually been the starter at some point this year but I don’t think he beats out Robinson. 

JV kid will most likely get pushed down to 3rd on the depth chart if the two sophomores both stay at Crosby. Willis already plays his son at other positions so I don’t even think he’s in the mix by the time camp starts. 

Yarborough just committed to Arizona today so Willis will probably try to feed him early in the season like he did to start last year and we have another sophomore RB that’s Austin Walter-like with the ball in his hands. I think they’ll help ease the transition of whoever Willis decides to go with. It’s going to be an interesting dynamic if both Prieto and Robinson are starting in the opener against Dayton. 

15 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The transfer back from BH has a good chance to start if he figures the offense out. His mobility has always left something to be desired but he can improve that and will certainly need to in Willis’ offense. What’s never been in question is the arm talent. FB Crawford transfer would’ve eventually been the starter at some point this year but I don’t think he beats out Robinson. 

JV kid will most likely get pushed down to 3rd on the depth chart if the two sophomores both stay at Crosby. Willis already plays his son at other positions so I don’t even think he’s in the mix by the time camp starts. 

Yarborough just committed to Arizona today so Willis will probably try to feed him early in the season like he did to start last year and we have another sophomore RB that’s Austin Walter-like with the ball in his hands. I think they’ll help ease the transition of whoever Willis decides to go with. It’s going to be an interesting dynamic if both Prieto and Robinson are starting in the opener against Dayton. 

If Robinson doesn't win the job at Crosby, where will he go then? Maybe Liberty? 

On 6/13/2024 at 10:39 PM, Old Ape said:

Got 4 candidates!!!

Incumbent/ JV kid

Coaches Son

Should be interesting!!!

BH must be stacked at QB for this youngster to give up the opportunity to play for/learn from a State Championship coach.  

5 hours ago, Reagan said:

BH must be stacked at QB for this youngster to give up the opportunity to play for/learn from a State Championship coach.  

Willis has a ring and was a great play from Ennis’ receiver in the title game from having two. No doubt BH’s system fits him better but he has an opportunity to play earlier at Crosby which he’s always had outside of the time Coach P was here. When his dad talked to Coach P they came to the conclusion that it was best for him to go elsewhere so it wasn’t really a situation where they left because they wanted to in the first place. 

6 hours ago, 2wedge said:

If Robinson doesn't win the job at Crosby, where will he go then? Maybe Liberty? 

There aren’t a lot of people that are more hard core Crosby than I am but his dad is one of them. I think he stays at Crosby no matter what, plus he gets to play with the kids he grew up with again. Willis is already giving him a bunch of run so if anybody left I think it would be the FB Crawford transfer. I’m thinking he would end up somewhere like Channelview 

13 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

There aren’t a lot of people that are more hard core Crosby than I am but his dad is one of them. I think he stays at Crosby no matter what, plus he gets to play with the kids he grew up with again. Willis is already giving him a bunch of run so if anybody left I think it would be the FB Crawford transfer. I’m thinking he would end up somewhere like Channelview 

Yeah, so hard core Crosby he moved his son to BH because he couldn't compete. Also, I hear a lot of those kids he grew up with are putting horseshoes on their helmets next year. I guess we will see. 

9 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Yeah, so hard core Crosby he moved his son to BH because he couldn't compete. Also, I hear a lot of those kids he grew up with are putting horseshoes on their helmets next year. I guess we will see. 

I guess you heard wrong? All of the sophomore studs he grew up with are on varsity and several played great in the Spring game, 4/5 will start and the others are in the two deep. Only kid I heard about going to Dayton is the receiver that left to go to North Shore and he hasn’t even been playing football. Leaving was what he felt was best for his kid, sometimes you have to make those choices. My son would’ve left last year too if he could’ve gotten eligible, doesn’t mean I would’ve liked Crosby less.  

20 hours ago, Old Ape said:

A bunch of run and just moved in!! Dang I guess it’s time for the others to move on.

FBC transfer most likely will. He’s already been on several recruiting visits and has been looking decent on the camp circuit for only being a freshman. I don’t think his family will let him sit past this year though.

JV kid is decent but he’s not really anybody I think you want to rely on competing against good teams with. He has some moxie but he’s smallish and doesn’t have a lot of arm talent. I think he would stay and be a backup no matter what or switch positions if the FBC kid stays. 

14 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I guess you heard wrong? All of the sophomore studs he grew up with are on varsity and several played great in the Spring game, 4/5 will start and the others are in the two deep. Only kid I heard about going to Dayton is the receiver that left to go to North Shore and he hasn’t even been playing football. Leaving was what he felt was best for his kid, sometimes you have to make those choices. My son would’ve left last year too if he could’ve gotten eligible, doesn’t mean I would’ve liked Crosby less.  

I will never understand the mindset of a parent who thinks teaching their kid to run from competition is what is "best for the kid". Stay and fight it out, if you lose the position, find somewhere else to contribute and help the team. This soft azz mindset is what is wrong with the younger generation and it's not even the kids fault. I am old enough to remember when football was a game that taught life concepts and grew boys into men. Now, it's just like every other sport and treated like a meal ticket for parents, regardless of what the underlying consequences of those decisions may be. Everyone looks for quick returns on investment instead of working to prepare these kids for the tough breaks in life. Makes me sad.