QB Controversy Brewing in Crosby

19 hours ago, aki1994 said:

I assume the days of being able to not openly transfer for athletic reasons no longer exists? 

I believe he has always maintained residence in Crosby, so going back there isn't an issue. He went to BH in JH, so it wasn't an issue then either. 

On 7/10/2024 at 9:59 AM, 2wedge said:

I believe he has always maintained residence in Crosby, so going back there isn't an issue. He went to BH in JH, so it wasn't an issue then either. 

Still should have to prove residency no matter what grade you are in unless all these schools have open enrollment with tuition costs. 

1 hour ago, aki1994 said:

Still should have to prove residency no matter what grade you are in unless all these schools have open enrollment with tuition costs. 

Open enrollment does not have anything to do with "tuition". Also, all students have to show "proof of residency". 

22 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Open enrollment does not have anything to do with "tuition". Also, all students have to show "proof of residency". 

Call it what you want, but there is still a cost involved to attend one of the open enrollment schools. 

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

There is no fee from the school. What "cost" are you referencing?

Hamshire-Fannett Independent School District (HFISD) tuition rates vary depending on the student's residency and other factors:
  • Nonresident students in Texas: $250 for 9 weeks or $1,000 for the full year per family
  • Nonresident students outside of Texas: $1,000 for 9 weeks or $4,000 for the full year per student
  • Nonresident students who qualify for free or reduced meals: Free for the full year per family
  • Nonresident students who are children of district employees: Free for the full year per family
  • Full-day pre-K tuition: $4,750 per year for one child

Nonresident students who wish to enroll in Little Cypress-Mauriceville CISD should apply through the Limited Open Enrollment Program.  The program requires the payment of tuition.  

This is the hidden content, please
.  To apply for enrollment in this program, please do the following:

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

There is no fee from the school. What "cost" are you referencing?

Schools that have open enrollment can charge outside district residents a tuition fee to attend their school.

Now if you choose to move into the school district, there is no fee. 

8 hours ago, aki1994 said:

Call it what you want, but there is still a cost involved to attend one of the open enrollment schools. 

Correct.

For a student to be able to play UIL sports for the school they are attending, they will HAVE to establish residency within that school district. Doesn't matter if it's open enrollment or not.

15 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Schools that have open enrollment can charge outside district residents a tuition fee to attend their school.

Now if you choose to move into the school district, there is no fee. 

I stand corrected. 

On 7/18/2024 at 4:32 PM, aki1994 said:

If BH doesn't have open enrollment then not sure how someone living in Crosby ISD can go to BH. 

BH residency rules include this section -

"Students who are NOT district residents but have established substantial after school care at their grandparent’s
residency shall be required to show proof of grandparents residency. Students enrolled with Grandparent Affidavit
are not eligible to be issued a BHISD parking permit. The Affidavit must be notarized and renewed each year as a
condition of enrollment. If approved, a Residency Approval Form will be issued to upload during registration.
Affidavits may be submitted electronically. See residency webpage for more information."

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

BH residency rules include this section -

"Students who are NOT district residents but have established substantial after school care at their grandparent’s
residency shall be required to show proof of grandparents residency. Students enrolled with Grandparent Affidavit
are not eligible to be issued a BHISD parking permit. The Affidavit must be notarized and renewed each year as a
condition of enrollment. If approved, a Residency Approval Form will be issued to upload during registration.
Affidavits may be submitted electronically. See residency webpage for more information."

If the grandparent lived in BHISD. I don't really care. Just was curious. I of some local kids who will be leaving PNGISD to have better chances of playing baseball at other local schools with open enrollment is why I asked. 

On 6/21/2024 at 8:35 AM, 2wedge said:

You just made my point for me. When the goal is focused on the individual player, football loses its differentiator. When the kid is more worried about getting "D1 looks" than he is doing his part to help the team succeed, he sets himself up for failure in life. You mention Reggie Branch, and I'd agree, the move to Crosby was the best thing for him. Not because he couldn't get "D1 looks" at GCM, but because GCM has shown no willingness to build a successful program. Playing for Coach P was a game changer for Branch and ultimately landed him at UIW. He has since transferred to TAMUC, but that is a whole different conversation. In the case of Robinson, he is an incoming Sophomore in a BH program, with a top tier coaching staff, that is poised to become a perennial mainstay at the top of the state rankings, and he leaves to go back to Crosby? Crosby has crashed and burned when Willis arrived. They won 2 games last year and you were one of the main voices on here last fall shoveling dirt on Wills. Now all of the sudden Robinson will be flanked with D1 talent and might throw for 2K in an offense you complained about last year for being too run heavy? Man, please!! All the kid has been taught is to run from competition. Two years ago, it was because Jerry Jr. was there, and he was the coach's son, so Robinson had no chance to beat him out.....flee to BH. BH coaches and community rave about the Freshman last year and say he has a chance to start but they won't promise the kid the job in the SPRING OF HIS FRESHMAN YEAR.....flee back to 2-8 Crosby because Jerry Jr. is gone now. It's pretty pathetic. 

The same top tier BH coaching staff that had 3 time management blunders that cost them 3 games year?  LP, Porter and the playoff game?  

Word is the staff is getting burned out of working 80 hour weeks even down to the jr high level and I dont blame them. All that work to blow games on basic time management issues seems like crazy. 

On 7/24/2024 at 11:13 AM, Bud Kilmer said:

The same top tier BH coaching staff that had 3 time management blunders that cost them 3 games year?  LP, Porter and the playoff game?  

Its fine if you don't like the BH coaching staff and/or the program, I have no propblem with that. Its a (mostly) free world. 

To be fair I do want to add some context here though. BH played and lost the LP game with half a team. The D was decimated with injuries. They fought the best they could with what they had on hand that night. It just wasn't enough. Coaching was not the issue.

No excuses losing to Porter. BH was up 21-0 in the 3rd (IIRC) and gave it up. Also no excuses losing the playoff game. BH blew them out in the 1st half then total complacency in the 2nd half cost us the game. It should be mentioned though, BH was the only team from the district still alive in the 2nd round. Regardless, BH defintely should have advanced to the 3rd. No doubt. 

Carry on. 

10 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Its fine if you don't like the BH coaching staff and/or the program, I have no propblem with that. Its a (mostly) free world. 

To be fair I do want to add some context here though. BH played and lost the LP game with half a team. The D was decimated with injuries. They fought the best they could with what they had on hand that night. It just wasn't enough. Coaching was not the issue.

No excuses losing to Porter. BH was up 21-0 in the 3rd (IIRC) and gave it up. Also no excuses losing the playoff game. BH blew them out in the 1st half then total complacency in the 2nd half cost us the game. It should be mentioned though, BH was the only team from the district still alive in the 2nd round. Regardless, BH defintely should have advanced to the 3rd. No doubt. 

Carry on. 

I have resolved to ignore the ignorant comments which would seek to paint a staff, like the one in BH, as subpar. 

On 7/24/2024 at 11:13 AM, Bud Kilmer said:

Word is the staff is getting burned out of working 80 hour weeks even down to the jr high level and I dont blame them. All that work to blow games on basic time management issues seems like crazy. 

Sounds like a disgruntled parent has entered the chat. Wonder who this might be? 

20 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

I have resolved to ignore the ignorant comments which would seek to paint a staff, like the one in BH, as subpar. 

Sounds like a disgruntled parent has entered the chat. Wonder who this might be? 

lol Seriously? What exactly about this staff has been top notch?  Last year they were loaded on offense and on D but yet somehow managed to blow 3 games they had big leads in. I included Laporte because even though they had injuries they had a big lead early and immediately had some suspect play calling which let LP right back into the game.  The Porter and playoff game the rose colored glasses came completely off, that was flat out embarrassing. 

If I'm a players parent then you must be a coach right.   Why dont you go ask some of the Jr high coaches how they like working 80 hour weeks? Or take a look at the staff turnover year after year.  Last year the staff got exposed or atleast the man in charge got exposed as it ultimately falls on him. Piss poor time management and how many personal fouls a game?  He also managed to run off the guy who should have been the DC.  Just gonna start calling it like I see it hoss. 

Bud isn’t wrong on the Porter and Playoff game. It was embarrassing and should have never happened hopefully they fix that this year. Anyway this is a Crosby thread and hope they can stop the Drama and get back to where they were. 

On 7/26/2024 at 6:10 PM, BHFAN said:

Bud isn’t wrong on the Porter and Playoff game. It was embarrassing and should have never happened hopefully they fix that this year. Anyway this is a Crosby thread and hope they can stop the Drama and get back to where they were. 

What would a Crosby Thread be without every Bh poster on the site complaining about a Transfer.

2 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

What would a Crosby Thread be without every Bh poster on the site complaining about a Transfer.

Uh, not “every BH poster”. Be accurate, no complaints here. I just said I did not understand why someone would want to go from a 9-3 team to a 2-8 team, but whatever, I wished him well. I don’t care about Crosby and BH don’t need him. He should play where he lives, period. It’s fine he is gone.  

On 6/23/2024 at 9:13 AM, BHFAN said:

How does this even work? Will he now have to sit out this year in Crosby or can he play? Never got to see him play ,but he looks the part. Looking forward to the BH QB this year he must be pretty good to sit this kid down.

The kid is big and hard to bring down when he runs, but the question is if he’s improved on accuracy of passing. That’s going to be huge question mark along with decision making.

17 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

The kid is big and hard to bring down when he runs, but the question is if he’s improved on accuracy of passing. That’s going to be huge question mark along with decision making.

Having a running threat at the QB will help Crosby's offense, cannot sale out for the d1 running back if you have to worry about a big hard to tackle QB taking off.