QB Controversy Brewing in Crosby

Coaches son will probably get the qb spot…that’s usually how it goes. I think some parents transfer their kids if the kid is good enough to start but getting screwed over. Happened to my buddy son at Desoto. He was a starter all offseason until a transfer came in a few weeks before the season…his son did not touch the field. His son also had the stats and film to prove he is a good receiver. 

From the reports I’ve gotten out of Crosby after spring ball it doesn’t really matter which 1 of those candidates is under center. Wins will be hard to come by this upcoming season. Turn on the tape, this coaching staff compared to the last is night and day. They made FBM look like North shore in last seasons matchup. 

On 6/20/2024 at 6:50 AM, 2wedge said:

And just for the record, there's a difference between running from competition and moving to another district because the one you are currently in has shown an unwillingness to build a championship program. Figured I'd clarify that before it came up. 

Is it running from competition when you meet the coach and basically your kid doesn’t have a shot against the coaches kid?

3 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Is it running from competition when you meet the coach and basically your kid doesn’t have a shot against the coaches kid?

Yes. You are literally leaving because you admit "your kid doesn't have a chance". Taking the path of least resistance serves no one well in life. 

8 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Yes. You are literally leaving because you admit "your kid doesn't have a chance". Taking the path of least resistance serves no one well in life. 

Imagine telling Jalen Hurts dad he should’ve advised his son to take the path of most resistance and stayed at Alabama versus transferring and playing his way into a $51 million a year deal? Lots of times that “resistance” is the staff telling you they don’t feel like they need you there. 

20 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Imagine telling Jalen Hurts dad he should’ve advised his son to take the path of most resistance and stayed at Alabama versus transferring and playing his way into a $51 million a year deal? Lots of times that “resistance” is the staff telling you they don’t feel like they need you there. 

Fair enough. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Old Ape said:

I heard this Controversy is over!!!!! My Crosby source told me the Coach's son stole the show last night in their scrimmage.

I heard it was more like a spectacle than a show 😂

23 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Yea, not sure how someone “stole the show” if the live scrimmage was 0-0

Lee appeared to get two scores in the live portion according to Hudl highlights. One in the controlled part for sure. That's just from the QB highlights. Not sure if maybe they scored in some other manner as well. Or did you mean 0-0 in regards to each Crosby QB?

On 8/23/2024 at 11:46 AM, gary-us-bonds said:

Lee appeared to get two scores in the live portion according to Hudl highlights. One in the controlled part for sure. That's just from the QB highlights. Not sure if maybe they scored in some other manner as well. Or did you mean 0-0 in regards to each Crosby QB?

Nobody scored in the live portion of the scrimmage. Both teams scored once in the controlled portion and Lee scored twice to Crosby’s zero in the red zone portion. 

On 8/23/2024 at 8:08 AM, Old Ape said:

I heard this Controversy is over!!!!! My Crosby source told me the Coach's son stole the show last night in their scrimmage.

May have stole the show punting but I didn’t see him get a single rep at QB. I agree the controversy should be over though, Robinson should be the starter. If you’re a senior and it’s your second year in a system but you’re getting pushed by a sophomore who’s only been in the system for weeks then you need to go to the bench and let the more talented player develop. That being said I’m sure we’ll keep swapping the QB’s in and out and stall the offense even further. 

Those type of personnel decisions are part of the reason why Crosby isn’t any good anymore. We have the same issue at RB and WR too. Josh Jackson is the best RB on the team and probably the best pure runner we’ve had since since Craig Williams but Willis has him in the slot instead of the B-back position which would allow him to be our primary ball carrier. He loves the back who has averaged 4ypc over his career because he has major offers and will continue to feed him to the detriment of running an efficient offense. 

On 8/27/2024 at 11:49 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

May have stole the show punting but I didn’t see him get a single rep at QB. I agree the controversy should be over though, Robinson should be the starter. If you’re a senior and it’s your second year in a system but you’re getting pushed by a sophomore who’s only been in the system for weeks then you need to go to the bench and let the more talented player develop. That being said I’m sure we’ll keep swapping the QB’s in and out and stall the offense even further. 

Those type of personnel decisions are part of the reason why Crosby isn’t any good anymore. We have the same issue at RB and WR too. Josh Jackson is the best RB on the team and probably the best pure runner we’ve had since since Craig Williams but Willis has him in the slot instead of the B-back position which would allow him to be our primary ball carrier. He loves the back who has averaged 4ypc over his career because he has major offers and will continue to feed him to the detriment of running an efficient offense. 

RB Controversy in Crosby???????? Tell us how you really feel 14.2!!

On 8/27/2024 at 5:31 PM, MrFleet23 said:

Willis is ass as a coach. If they don’t beat the crap outta Dayton this week he should pack up and leave. 

Be interesting to see who won more State Championships out him and the “good coaches”.

11 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

I bet so. Probably woke up one day and forgot how to coach. At least he won more than "good coaches".

Did he tho? Cedar Park was good before he got there and good after he left. Since he’s left he’s barely sniffed the playoffs going 2-8 at 2 different schools in his last two seasons . Take Riordan for example doesn’t have a state title but he’s won the region at two different programs and built programs where they weren’t necessarily known for winning. 

7 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Did he tho? Cedar Park was good before he got there and good after he left. Since he’s left he’s barely sniffed the playoffs going 2-8 at 2 different schools in his last two seasons . Take Riordan for example doesn’t have a state title but he’s won the region at two different programs and built programs where they weren’t necessarily known for winning. 

Yes, he was the “Head Coach” and he “won the State Championship”. Riordan for example, has not won a State Championship. It is the scoreboard concept where you either win a championship or do not win a championship.

13 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Yes, he was the “Head Coach” and he “won the State Championship”. Riordan for example, has not won a State Championship. It is the scoreboard concept where you either win a championship or do not win a championship.

If thats your metric. *Shrug*  wake me up when he out schemes an opponent and wins a game he shouldn’t have.