QB Controversy Brewing in Crosby

On 8/29/2024 at 8:35 AM, Old Ape said:

RB Controversy in Crosby???????? Tell us how you really feel 14.2!!

I don’t think it’s really a controversy, I think it’s a philosophy. We may line up in some modern formations but at the heart of it Willis is an old school, power run game football coach which requires Crosby to dominate the offensive line of scrimmage  .  .  . which we can’t. In a standard 60-play game he probably wants to run it about 40+ times if we’re being effective so there are carries to go around. 

Running backs want the ball from the running back position. Not lined up in the slot and having it thrown to them, having to motion pre-snap or sprint post-snap to get it. Crosby does run some two back sets but the vast majority of the time the RB that gets the ball from the traditional RB position is called the B-back in our offense. Last year and this year alike Crosby had a RB that could average more yards from the traditional position than the player who will get the overwhelming majority of the carries there. 

If the play-calling philosophy relies on us leaning heavily on the B-back position then why not give a more equal share of the carries at that traditional position to players who can help make that play-calling more efficient? Josh Jackson has Austin Walter-like ability but teams won’t have to deal with it much because he’ll be lined up in the slot at A-back. Just a different approach than what we saw from the last two coaches. 

2 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

If thats your metric. *Shrug*  wake me up when he out schemes an opponent and wins a game he shouldn’t have. 

Lol. That is definitely my “metric”. It is the reason everyone plays and it determines which team is the best in each division every year. Lol.

39 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Wonder if he got a “ring”? Don’t think I heard anyone try to say that State Championships don’t mean anything. 

It doesn’t mean anything at your new school, especially when it’s 180° out from the school you won’t at. Not to mention you were sub-.500 at your last stop also