TABC Showcase Games

Onalaska 64
Faith Academy Marble Falls 69

Cardiac Cats fall short in game 1 of TABC Showcase with a back & forth battle that came down to the wire. 

D. Leleux 13
D. Vienneau 17
B. Topkins 14
W. Reyes 11
K. Deal 8
S. Green 2

The 3 headed monster of Vienneau, Leleux and Topkins is going to give people problems. Vienneau is back after missing his sophomore season and brings a whole new level of guard play. 

Give Faith Acadmey credit they went 23/25 from ft line and their 6’10 post is tough to keep off the boards.

1 hour ago, Coach 01 said:

Kountze beat Chapel Hill 54-49. It’s was a good game. Chapel Hill had a good showing this weekend as well.

Yes that was a great game. Lots of runs and fun to watch. The defense and Sells really helped seal that win. 

Onalaska didn’t get the wins but it for sure showed a ton of positives of what is to come especially with when the full roster is together. After graduating 70% of the offensive scoring it was nice to see a lot of players ready to step up and while missing one starter. 

Onalaska 50
Van Alystne 58

Cardiac Cats traded leads back & forth until the end and fell short this game. 

D. Vienneau 19
B. Topkins 18 
W. Reyes 4
D. Leleux 4
J. Pinkert 3
S. Green 2

Onalaska 47
Graford 57

D. Vienneau 15
D.Leleux 12
B. Topkins 10
W. Reyes 4
S. Green 3
D. Jennings 3

Wins maybe weren’t there this weekend but they will be in the mix with split divisions and will likely win the district championship this upcoming year. 

Silsbee would be favored but would definitely be a game I would drive to see.  I couldn’t be more impressed with what Kountze did at TABC.  Played far from a cupcake schedule and really handled business.  I’ve said many times SETX basketball is at its best when certain teams (including Kountze) are good.  They will be plenty good this year and have a chance to make a real run at it. 

31 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Silsbee would be favored but would definitely be a game I would drive to see.  I couldn’t be more impressed with what Kountze did at TABC.  Played far from a cupcake schedule and really handled business.  I’ve said many times SETX basketball is at its best when certain teams (including Kountze) are good.  They will be plenty good this year and have a chance to make a real run at it. 

The playoffs being split into big school small school did Kountze a huge favor… that should take Hitchcock out of the equation 

4 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

The playoffs being split into big school small school did Kountze a huge favor… that should take Hitchcock out of the equation 

Indeed.  There are several teams, including Kountze, who are good enough to win state sans Hitchcock.  That school just has an unreal amount of size and athleticism for 3A.