P. T. Trump

2 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

I don't believe in changing the definition of a word because a group does not like it. That makes me laugh honestly.....especially the "code word" comments.....because I'm white as they come (although I have A LOT of cajun blood)....and no one, not one person has gave me the "code word" handbook of racist phrases and words. I had no idea that when a person uses the OK hand gesture (and I grew up on the little rascals) it was racist until a black person posted about it.......common sense would be that white people signally to other white people would both know what the gesture means, not the people excluded.....

You ever read a dictionary? Words can have multiple meanings depending on context. They can be nouns, verbs, or adjectives depending on how they’re used. Believe what you will. We all do that, anyway.

7 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I already have.

Are you talking about a case that was dismissed?

I'll have to see if it was dismissed, your claim was he's o ly been labeled a racist since running for office... u yourself just contradicted that! Thanks for proving my point, been a racist since the 70's

1 minute ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

I'll have to see if it was dismissed, your claim was he's o ly been labeled a racist since running for office... u yourself just contradicted that! Thanks for proving my point, been a racist since the 70's

How did I prove your point by blowing up you evidence that he’s racist?

You keep hammering away at Trump, but I’m done with this fruitless exchange.

9 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Where did I say semi-white? I said not white as rice, meaning I have a more Mediterranean skin tone as my paternal Grandfather was an immigrant. Greek. Supposedly a little Cherokee in there too. What you want to call me now?

Yeah, like I said semi-white.  

19 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Let’s see….that sounds like a euphemism for N-Lover. I’ve been called that too. You ARE a racist!

Call it like you see it. Doesn’t make it so. You are special. What I said isn’t racist. It’s a fact of life. All of your sentiments are anti-white so what does that make you?

8 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

I don't believe in changing the definition of a word because a group does not like it. That makes me laugh honestly.....especially the "code word" comments.....because I'm white as they come (although I have A LOT of cajun blood)....and no one, not one person has gave me the "code word" handbook of racist phrases and words. I had no idea that when a person uses the OK hand gesture (and I grew up on the little rascals) it was racist until a black person posted about it.......common sense would be that white people signally to other white people would both know what the gesture means, not the people excluded.....

You ever read a dictionary? A word can have different meanings depending on context. It can be different parts of speech depending on use. Language is flexible. It can be used many ways. I interpret Trump’s use of thug based on the contexts he uses it in. What I hear him say, not what someone tells me he says.

1 minute ago, baddog said:

Call it like you see it. Doesn’t make it so. You are special. What I said isn’t racist. It’s a fact of life. All of your sentiments are anti-white so what does that make you?

Iyamwhatiyam. Can you be a little more specific on what an anti-white white is? I am pro people. Color has no bearing on my perception of people. How Western culture has influenced history does have a lot of warts to go along with its positives.  Does that make me anti-white because I’m not afraid to point some of them out? 

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Man, are you special….. an anti-white white. You will not find that condition in any other race. They take up for their own kind even when involving criminal activity. 

Institutionalized racism right there. “They take up for their own”.  There ain’t but one race. Homo Sapiens. So I take up for my own regardless of their color.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Have you noticed that it's always the libs that bring up race?  For a long time now whenever a lib is losing an argument or have nothing else to say they bring up racism.  Or something silly like institutional racism.  LOL!

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Institutionalized racism right there. “They take up for their own”.  There ain’t but one race. Homo Sapiens. So I take up for my own regardless of their color.

You have found Utopia. I live in the real world.

13 hours ago, Reagan said:

Have you noticed that it's always the libs that bring up race?  For a long time now whenever a lib is losing an argument or have nothing else to say they bring up racism.  Or something silly like institutional racism.  LOL!

That’s all they have to fall back on.  Labeling a bottle of syrup racist says all you need to know about this group!

On 6/21/2024 at 8:19 AM, BS Wildcats said:

That’s all they have to fall back on.  Labeling a bottle of syrup racist says all you need to know about this group!

Record stock market. Record job creation. Falling crime rates. Infrastructure building bridges and rebuilding highways (and a GOP Congressman cuts the ribbon on the project in his/her district they voted against), inflation falls by faster than predicted, GDP growth consistently beating forecasts.  I’ll fall back on that.

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Record stock market. Record job creation. Falling crime rates. Infrastructure building bridges and rebuilding highways (and a GOP Congressman cuts the ribbon on the project in his/her district they voted against), inflation falls by faster than predicted, GDP growth consistently beating forecasts.  I’ll fall back on that.

lol

On 6/20/2024 at 4:50 PM, UT alum said:

You ever read a dictionary? A word can have different meanings depending on context. It can be different parts of speech depending on use. Language is flexible. It can be used many ways. I interpret Trump’s use of thug based on the contexts he uses it in. What I hear him say, not what someone tells me he says.

Before Google, I used a dictionary for reference, but I never read one. How boring.

We need to understand the difference between racism, culturalism, and prejudice. nothing will get a persons defense up quicker than racism. The word racism is used recklessly. Just because someone doesn’t care for rap, music, thug life, etc. doesn’t make them racist. They just don’t care for the culture. Then when they’re called racist they get their defense up defending their selves as not being racist then it makes him look racist. 

On 6/20/2024 at 4:37 PM, Boyz N Da Hood said:

My opinion is this….Trunp probabky isn’t a racist, but he counts on racists to vote for him. Kinda like he does for the Christians. 

I think the term racist is useless today… it’s been twisted into a tool use to invalidate the opinions and perspective of anyone who doesn’t share identical beliefs. Oppose reparations? Racist. Disagree with Obama? Racist. Good at math? Racist. Vote Republican? Racist. Know your daddy? Racist. 

But it’s effective because if someone is “racist,” their very being is flawed and anything they say or do can’t be taken seriously. And the person has no choice but to pivot away from whatever point was being made to instead begin defending the allegations of racism.  

What if I told you that I believe institutional racism does exist.  There are words publicly said in the US by a particular group… used in songs, movies, and every day conversations… but when that same word is uttered by other races, that utterance can be used to sentence them to prison for a hate crime? Not even considering the non-criminal penalties (loss of employment, etc) that the “wrong” speaker faces if he/she utters the same exact word? What if I told your there were schools of higher education and scholarships available only to certain racial groups? What if I pointed out that up until recently, the same ethic group was given preference in the admissions process and hiring process. Not pre “Plessy vs Ferguson,” but up until the last few years? 

People talk about a shift that occurred when the Ds became the party of minorities and the Rs became the racists… I contend that it never happened. 

The truth in my opinion is that the Ds have always been the party of racial politics, and when it became obvious that the old racist beliefs from whites towards blacks were dying off, and that the demographics  of the country were changing, the Dems didn’t change tactics, they changed targets. Those old school white racists still exist, but in way, way smaller numbers and they don’t exist in positions of power. But when they vote they vote against the Dems, hence they vote Republican. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

My opinion is this….Trunp probabky isn’t a racist, but he counts on racists to vote for him. Kinda like he does for the Christians. 

I think the term racist is useless today… it’s been twisted into a tool use to invalidate the opinions and perspective of anyone who doesn’t share identical beliefs. Oppose reparations? Racist. Disagree with Obama? Racist. Good at math? Racist. Vote Republican? Racist. Know your daddy? Racist. 

But it’s effective because if someone is “racist,” their very being is flawed and anything they say or do can’t be taken seriously. And the person has no choice but to pivot away from whatever point was being made to instead begin defending the allegations of racism.  

What if I told you that I believe institutional racism does exist.  There are words publicly said in the US by a particular group… used in songs, movies, and every day conversations… but when that same word is uttered by other races, that utterance can be used to sentence them to prison for a hate crime? Not even considering the non-criminal penalties (loss of employment, etc) that the “wrong” speaker faces if he/she utters the same exact word? What if I told your there were schools of higher education and scholarships available only to certain racial groups? What if I pointed out that up until recently, the same ethic group was given preference in the admissions process and hiring process. Not pre “Plessy vs Ferguson,” but up until the last few years? 

People talk about a shift that occurred when the Ds became the party of minorities and the Rs became the racists… I contend that it never happened. 

The truth in my opinion is that the Ds have always been the party of racial politics, and when it became obvious that the old racist beliefs from whites towards blacks were dying off, and that the demographics  of the country were changing, the Dems didn’t change tactics, they changed targets. Those old school white racists still exist, but in way, way smaller numbers and they don’t exist in positions of power. But when they vote they vote against the Dems, hence they vote Republican. 

Do ya’ll know any black people? Like, go to their house, invite them to yours know them? If you did, this talk wouldn’t be happening. You would know what they see and how they are treated every day because you would talk and listen like any other friend. You got one guy here pretty much saying I’m a half breed because I have a tan and maybe a little Native American blood tainting my aryan purity. 

Prjudice is fear based. Racism is a superiority/inferiority construct. I’ve said it before. I’ve never talked to a black person who expressed superiority over whites. They maintain they are equals as human beings. How many whites here will raise their hand ( where they can’t be seen) and claim a black person is their equal? I can’t count the times I’ve  heard the opposite proclaimed. 

37 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Do ya’ll know any black people? Like, go to their house, invite them to yours know them? If you did, this talk wouldn’t be happening. You would know what they see and how they are treated every day because you would talk and listen like any other friend. You got one guy here pretty much saying I’m a half breed because I have a tan and maybe a little Native American blood tainting my aryan purity. 

Prjudice is fear based. Racism is a superiority/inferiority construct. I’ve said it before. I’ve never talked to a black person who expressed superiority over whites. They maintain they are equals as human beings. How many whites here will raise their hand ( where they can’t be seen) and claim a black person is their equal? I can’t count the times I’ve  heard the opposite proclaimed. 

I guess I can raise my hand since I have black relatives, get off your soapbox, it’s annoying.

It’s folks like you that put race in the spotlight, just live your life and quit preaching down to folks.

16 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I guess I can raise my hand since I have black relatives, get off your soapbox, it’s annoying.

It’s folks like you that put race in the spotlight, just live your life and quit preaching down to folks.

Ol' UT is a typical lib who thinks racism only flows one way!  Bless his heart!