P. T. Trump

21 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Ol' UT is a typical lib who thinks racism only flows one way!  Bless his heart!

It does. Prejudice is everywhere. Don’t you understand? There is only one race. Everything else is culture.

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

Do ya’ll know any black people? Like, go to their house, invite them to yours know them? If you did, this talk wouldn’t be happening. You would know what they see and how they are treated every day because you would talk and listen like any other friend. You got one guy here pretty much saying I’m a half breed because I have a tan and maybe a little Native American blood tainting my aryan purity. 

Prjudice is fear based. Racism is a superiority/inferiority construct. I’ve said it before. I’ve never talked to a black person who expressed superiority over whites. They maintain they are equals as human beings. How many whites here will raise their hand ( where they can’t be seen) and claim a black person is their equal? I can’t count the times I’ve  heard the opposite proclaimed. 

I have to nominate this as the dumbest post ever on this forum. Should we make a poll?

3 hours ago, UT alum said:

Do ya’ll know any black people? Like, go to their house, invite them to yours know them? If you did, this talk wouldn’t be happening. You would know what they see and how they are treated every day because you would talk and listen like any other friend. You got one guy here pretty much saying I’m a half breed because I have a tan and maybe a little Native American blood tainting my aryan purity. 

Prjudice is fear based. Racism is a superiority/inferiority construct. I’ve said it before. I’ve never talked to a black person who expressed superiority over whites. They maintain they are equals as human beings. How many whites here will raise their hand ( where they can’t be seen) and claim a black person is their equal? I can’t count the times I’ve  heard the opposite proclaimed. 

You’re mistaken on this one. Can you point me towards one racist law, regulation or policy that is directed towards black people in 2024? Because there are none. On the other hand just rattled off a handful that have a direct disparate, targeted impact on white people.  Want another? How about the 10% tax on tanning services that was put in place in the ACA? There are many (if any) non-whites paying that one. Very, very few black people in America can claim to have experienced actual racism.  Not the imagined, perceived, institutional, or systemic kinds that liberals created and keep teaching the masses.  The answer isn’t always “racism.” And when it has proven to be the case, decent people rise up and stomp it out. 
But people look at  different outcomes and say “oh, that proves racism is to blame” when in reality there is a much more plausible explanation. 

Slavery ended in in the mid-late 1800s.  But we’re told to believe that white people are more racist today than ever. And why is that? “Because that’s what your white patents taught you to believe.” Is it safe to say that black people think racism is hiding behind every door and shrub simply because that’s what they were taught to believe?

I know hundreds of black people. Many, many good friends… from pillars of the community (not just the black community) all of the way down to guys who can’t stay out of jail. Do you want to know the MAIN thing that successful black people that I know have in common? They don’t buy into the whole “I can’t get ahead because of racism,” because that would mean that until society is destroyed and rebuilt, they’ll never get ahead. The people who recognize that the whole world available to them, and in a lot of cases panders to them, do amazing things.  It’s all based on what they believe.  

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

You’re mistaken on this one. Can you point me towards one racist law, regulation or policy that is directed towards black people in 2024? Because there are none. On the other hand just rattled off a handful that have a direct disparate, targeted impact on white people.  Want another? How about the 10% tax on tanning services that was put in place in the ACA? There are many (if any) non-whites paying that one. Very, very few black people in America can claim to have experienced actual racism.  Not the imagined, perceived, institutional, or systemic kinds that liberals created and keep teaching the masses.  The answer isn’t always “racism.” And when it has proven to be the case, decent people rise up and stomp it out. 
But people look at  different outcomes and say “oh, that proves racism is to blame” when in reality there is a much more plausible explanation. 

Slavery ended in in the mid-late 1800s.  But we’re told to believe that white people are more racist today than ever. And why is that? “Because that’s what your white patents taught you to believe.” Is it safe to say that black people think racism is hiding behind every door and shrub simply because that’s what they were taught to believe?

I know hundreds of black people. Many, many good friends… from pillars of the community (not just the black community) all of the way down to guys who can’t stay out of jail. Do you want to know the MAIN thing that successful black people that I know have in common? They don’t buy into the whole “I can’t get ahead because of racism,” because that would mean that until society is destroyed and rebuilt, they’ll never get ahead. The people who recognize that the whole world available to them, and in a lot of cases panders to them, do amazing things.  It’s all based on what they believe.  

This is the hidden content, please

On 6/20/2024 at 1:16 PM, thetragichippy said:

It cracks me up you believe that is somehow Trump's fault that he relied on the news, the police and a jury of 12 that CONVICTED those 5 kids of the crime. I'm sure he would not call for the execution of innocent people.  Lastly,  Some of the BLM rioters were thugs..... not all, but a small percent that lit the fires were.

He said it before they were convicted, didn't he?

10 minutes ago, Big girl said:

It sure is. He and dad were sued by the Justice Dept in the 60s because of housing discrimination 

1973… Trump, his dad, and the company were sued for denying black potential tenants the opportunity to lease rental units. I guess if a doorman lies to someone black, that makes the guy who owns the company a racist? 

A better question is why today, in 2024, the best way to destroy value in a rental property is STILL to lease it out as a section 8 property with guaranteed income?

Just now, CardinalBacker said:

1973… Trump, his dad, and the company were sued for denying black potential tenants the opportunity to lease rental units. I guess if a doorman lies to someone black, that makes the guy who owns the company a racist? 

A better question is why today, in 2024, the best way to destroy value in a rental property is STILL to lease it out as a section 8 property with guaranteed income?

So, he made an assumption based on race. That's why he was sued.

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

There are black and whites on Section 8. Probably more white people.

21 minutes ago, Big girl said:

But this is the type of thing I’m talking about. Are black people to stupid to get a photo ID? That’s what liberals would have us believe. Requiring everybody to provide a photo ID when voting is discrimination towards blacks? Gimme a break. 

It’s a proven fact that black people commit the majority of violent crimes in America, despite making up only 13 percent of the population. But racism is the reason that there are more black people in jail for committing violent crimes? Duh. 

The majority of individual wealth is comprised of our homes… but it’s exceptionally hard for single moms of any race to achieve home ownership. When 75% of AA kids are born to single moms, it’s not surprising that more black kids grow up in rent houses and apartments. 

I know a young man that dropped out of high school, got arrested a couple times, has three baby mama’s did some actual time, likes to smoke a lot of weed, has neck tattoos and can’t speak the King’s English. You’d say “well, that’s institutional racism, the legacy of our original sin of slavery, and the effects of growing up in poverty.” I’d say, “hold up… you’re completely wrong-this kid is white and he’s just an eff-up.”  But you give no possibility to the idea that a lot of problems are self-inflicted, not the ol’ racist boogey man. 

And there wasn’t a current racist policy in that article. There was a lot of conjecture on the part of the author, trying to pin outcomes on racism, without a single shred of evidence, other than the outcomes. 

Racist laws and policies against minorities have been illegal since 1964. You can’t point out a single policy that’s discriminatory to minorities in 2024. Racism is imagined at this point. 

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

There are black and whites on Section 8. Probably more white people.

Slightly more black than white in Section 8. 

But that’s completely understandable based on the percentage of single parent households  in those respective communities. 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

But this is the type of thing I’m talking about. Are black people to stupid to get a photo ID? That’s what liberals would have us believe. Requiring everybody to provide a photo ID when voting is discrimination towards blacks? Gimme a break. 

It’s a proven fact that black people commit the majority of violent crimes in America, despite making up only 13 percent of the population. But racism is the reason that there are more black people in jail for committing violent crimes? Duh. 

The majority of individual wealth is comprised of our homes… but it’s exceptionally hard for single moms of any race to achieve home ownership. When 75% of AA kids are born to single moms, it’s not surprising that more black kids grow up in rent houses and apartments. 

I know a young man that dropped out of high school, got arrested a couple times, has three baby mama’s did some actual time, likes to smoke a lot of weed, has neck tattoos and can’t speak the King’s English. You’d say “well, that’s institutional racism, the legacy of our original sin of slavery, and the effects of growing up in poverty.” I’d say, “hold up… you’re completely wrong-this kid is white and he’s just an eff-up.”  But you give no possibility to the idea that a lot of problems are self-inflicted, not the ol’ racist boogey man. 

And there wasn’t a current racist policy in that article. There was a lot of conjecture on the part of the author, trying to pin outcomes on racism, without a single shred of evidence, other than the outcomes. 

Racist laws and policies against minorities have been illegal since 1964. You can’t point out a single policy that’s discriminatory to minorities in 2024. Racism is imagined at this point. 

Black people are arrested, indicted, and convicted more frequently than their white counterparts after committing the same crimes. Why?

21 hours ago, UT alum said:

I’ve never talked to a black person who expressed superiority over whites.

But certainly you would concede that those people and groups do exist. If you don't think so, please research the Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ and the Nation of Islam religious organization. Just like the KKK is a white supremacist organization, these are black supremacist organizations. 

I know black people, I go to theirs houses and them to mine (in Lumberton). We rarely speak of race. I think for many, it's an uncomfortable topic when faced with a person from a different race. Not for me though. I'm comfortable with my thoughts and beliefs and will share them if asked. 

What is an equal, by the way? This is not a trap, it's an honest question in reference to what you said in your post.

On 6/23/2024 at 8:46 AM, CardinalBacker said:

My opinion is this….Trunp probabky isn’t a racist, but he counts on racists to vote for him. Kinda like he does for the Christians. 

I think the term racist is useless today… it’s been twisted into a tool use to invalidate the opinions and perspective of anyone who doesn’t share identical beliefs. Oppose reparations? Racist. Disagree with Obama? Racist. Good at math? Racist. Vote Republican? Racist. Know your daddy? Racist. 

But it’s effective because if someone is “racist,” their very being is flawed and anything they say or do can’t be taken seriously. And the person has no choice but to pivot away from whatever point was being made to instead begin defending the allegations of racism.  

What if I told you that I believe institutional racism does exist.  There are words publicly said in the US by a particular group… used in songs, movies, and every day conversations… but when that same word is uttered by other races, that utterance can be used to sentence them to prison for a hate crime? Not even considering the non-criminal penalties (loss of employment, etc) that the “wrong” speaker faces if he/she utters the same exact word? What if I told your there were schools of higher education and scholarships available only to certain racial groups? What if I pointed out that up until recently, the same ethic group was given preference in the admissions process and hiring process. Not pre “Plessy vs Ferguson,” but up until the last few years? 

People talk about a shift that occurred when the Ds became the party of minorities and the Rs became the racists… I contend that it never happened. 

The truth in my opinion is that the Ds have always been the party of racial politics, and when it became obvious that the old racist beliefs from whites towards blacks were dying off, and that the demographics  of the country were changing, the Dems didn’t change tactics, they changed targets. Those old school white racists still exist, but in way, way smaller numbers and they don’t exist in positions of power. But when they vote they vote against the Dems, hence they vote Republican. 

I respect this post! U, @bullets13 and @Bobcat1 are the realest posters on here

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

But certainly you would concede that those people and groups do exist. If you don't think so, please research the Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ and the Nation of Islam religious organization. Just like the KKK is a white supremacist organization, these are black supremacist organizations. 

I know black people, I go to theirs houses and them to mine (in Lumberton). We rarely speak of race. I think for many, it's an uncomfortable topic when faced with a person from a different race. Not for me though. I'm comfortable with my thoughts and beliefs and will share them if asked. 

What is an equal, by the way? This is not a trap, it's an honest question in reference to what you said in your post.

There are hare brained people everywhere. Their members haven’t held much sway in this country. The Klan had many open members in the halls of Congress and many state legislatures.

Like it says in the Constitutionn. All are created equal. There are no unequals as respects the human spirit.

14 minutes ago, UT alum said:

There are hare brained people everywhere. Their members haven’t held much sway in this country. The Klan had many open members in the halls of Congress and many state legislatures.

Like it says in the Constitutionn. All are created equal. There are no unequals as respects the human spirit.

So we are in agreement, these black supremacy groups exist just as white supremacy groups. I would not agree, however, that the likes of Louis Farrakhan and Khalid Muhammad have not held much sway in this country. 

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

Like I said… just for the sake of argument. The person accepting applications at a Trump ORGANIZATION owned property marks applications from black applicants with a “c” so they’ll know not to rent to them.  The gov filed a suit against the org and the suit was settled with no admission of guilt. 

That does not make a then 27 year old Trump a racist. 

Let’s just assume that a white Amazon delivery worker shows up at your house, gets in an argument with you, then drops and n-bomb. By your math, that PROVES that Jeff Bezos (who owns Amazon) is a racist. 

Oh, and I left out the part about how the alleged racism by Bezos’ employee happened 51 years ago.