5A D1 Preseason Top 10 per DCTF

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2024 at 5:04 PM, AledoAlumni said:

Yall starting out in the top 10. Just didnt know if a playoff run past the 1st round was in the cards?

i think it's another 1rd and done. so far no qb that can get the ball into the receivers hands. everything is there but a qb...much like last year

14 hours ago, pakronos said:

i think it's another 1rd and done. so far no qb that can get the ball into the receivers hands. everything is there but a qb...much like last year

Thats a bummer. Does the coaching staff try to adjust the offense to the players strengths year to year or they run the same system no matter what? Not changing the playbook per se but calling plays that the players can excel at. 

3 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

Thats a bummer. Does the coaching staff try to adjust the offense to the players strengths year to year or they run the same system no matter what? Not changing the playbook per se but calling plays that the players can excel at. 

Hey Aledo.  PA will be fine for the next 2 years.  Have to break in a new QB but he's a junior.  They have all of their Oline and RB's back with a couple of WRs.  On defense, the whole Dline and LB's return with a young-ish secondary

Also, no district of doom in the 1st round so expections of a Regional final appearence are high.  All 4 playoff teams from Dist 9 should beat the HISD reps

Of course, all of this is barring injuries, etc

15 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

they are predictable. last year i went to 8 or nine games. i called what play the was going to run. it's like they wrote a play and this the opening act...well towards the end, if  i knew the sequence of plays, what you think the opposition knew?? these plays NEVER worked. jet sweeps was the worst. hopefully the qb has had some help in reading defense and throwing. when he got in the few times last year, very few passes and he just ran the ball. also hopefully he's gotten bigger. kid looked about 165lbs. people THINK i'm rooting against the team...i rooting against putting up with mediocrity. some believe the first rd in the bag...i point to the last two games AND the way they won last year.  i get it they were young, but playing from behind in pretty much EVERY game till mid second qtr. so it would not shock or surprise me if they bowed out rd 1 against subpar competition which has been a problem. they play down to teams they should stomp out. 2011 was the best not because the went 5rds, they were sound at every position . as always, i HOPE they prove me wrong. i'll be a lil more forgiving...idc if they lose all the preseason games, if it means they can make a deep run by sharpening them up.

Lufkin is going to be a load for anyone to play this year. Folks can not compare them to the last three years talent-wise, except a couple of the same coaching are still there.  Lufkin has wasted more great talent under our OC at Lufkin than I can count, hopefully the talent itself on that side of the ball will supersede over that issue. Not worried about the defense, there are some rough dawgs on that side of the ball.