DCTF 3A D2 Preseason Rankings

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

How do you know of all these teams key starters returning?

What other factors?

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

How do you know of all these teams key starters returning?

What other factors?

I did some homework. Other factors are things like coaching, tradition, or how good the guys replacing the the players lost will be

I go to pigskinprep.com. That gives you all the all district players for all the teams in texas. It tells you the grade they are in. The all district person who is a senior will obviously be a starter that will not be back. You can figure the starters that you lose. Not perfect but it gets you close.

9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

What other sources?

15 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I go to pigskinprep.com. That gives you all the all district players for all the teams in texas. It tells you the grade they are in. The all district person who is a senior will obviously be a starter that will not be back. You can figure the starters that you lose. Not perfect but it gets you close.

Pigskin as purpleeagle said and many other sites like hudl. The internet wide open 

The problem with “some” (notice I said some) Woodville fans is that they think since they’ve had some success since the Zack Martin days they should be included in the elites of 3A.  With all those athletes Woodville pretty much underachieved between Melvin Houston’s teams to the Zach Martin team.  Now they have become “SETX good”..but SETX good doesn’t mean a whole lot when compared to the rest of the state, especially when you factor in their performance in the playoffs….String together some district titles and some 3 and 4 round deep playoff runs and you’ll start getting the respect you think you deserve. 

1 hour ago, 88Warrior said:

The problem with “some” (notice I said some) Woodville fans is that they think since they’ve had some success since the Zack Martin days they should be included in the elites of 3A.  With all those athletes Woodville pretty much underachieved between Melvin Houston’s teams to the Zach Martin team.  Now they have become “SETX good”..but SETX good doesn’t mean a whole lot when compared to the rest of the state, especially when you factor in their performance in the playoffs….String together some district titles and some 3 and 4 round deep playoff runs and you’ll start getting the respect you think you deserve. 

Well said 

34 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I already gave my top 10. I don't have time to do a breakdown. We'll just have to wait and see how things turn out 

Just curious as to how you came to rank each team individually?

But since you don't have time to back up your ranking, then maybe one should not be so critical of someone else's ranking.