18. Little River Academy 

19. Atlanta 

20. Universal City Randolph 

21. Liberty-Eylau

22. Teague

23. Diboll

24. Halletsville 

25. Orange Grove 

Surprised Westwood is not in the top 25. They will not be losing to Teague and Diboll in the district. Especially now that the RB transferred from Palestine.

I am aware that that the RB moving in is a new development that transpired after the rankings were made. However, WW was the district favorite prior to the RB transferring in.

Speaking of a move in, or move back in, I am suprised Anahuac is no where to be found in the top 25 since the QB returned from Rusk. That addition alone should have been enough to push a 6-3 team into the 3A rankings, correct?

Of course 3A District 10 is probably the next to the weakest district in the state, so maybe thats why they are left out.   

32 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Speaking of a move in, or move back in, I am suprised Anahuac is no where to be found in the top 25 since the QB returned from Rusk. That addition alone should have been enough to push a 6-3 team into the 3A rankings, correct?

Of course 3A District 10 is probably the next to the weakest district in the state, so maybe thats why they are left out.   

They do have Anahuac listed as a sleeper team in 3A

34 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I suspect the rankings were generated prior to Barrier moving back. Maybe someone who has the new magazine can tell us if they have Barrier listed in Anahuac or Rusk. Anahuac is definitely worthy of being in the top 25. 

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

1. Malakoff

2. Columbus 

3. Franklin

4. Hitchcock

5. Edna

6. Bushland

7. Paradise

8. Grandview

9. Goliad

10. Sweetwater

11. Jourdanton

12. Winnsboro

13. Shallowater

14. Pottsboro

15. Jefferson 

16. Jim Ned

17. Whitney

18. Little River Academy 

19. Atlanta 

21. Liberty-Eylau

22. Teague

23. Diboll

24. Halletsville 

25. Orange Grove 

Guess going to state 4 years in a row couldn't even get us in the top 2. We will be young in spots with a tough schedule but I fully expect to see yall at AT&T for the 5th year in a row.

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

1. Malakoff

2. Columbus 

3. Franklin

4. Hitchcock

5. Edna

6. Bushland

7. Paradise

8. Grandview

9. Goliad

10. Sweetwater

11. Jourdanton

12. Winnsboro

13. Shallowater

14. Pottsboro

15. Jefferson 

16. Jim Ned

17. Whitney

18. Little River Academy 

19. Atlanta 

21. Liberty-Eylau

22. Teague

23. Diboll

24. Halletsville 

25. Orange Grove 

Could you post the 2ad1 top 25 for me

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Surprised Westwood is not in the top 25. They will not be losing to Teague and Diboll in the district. Especially now that the RB transferred from Palestine.

I am aware that that the RB moving in is a new development that transpired after the rankings were made. However, WW was the district favorite prior to the RB transferring in.

That's why I don't really like the idea of bigger communities splitting into 2 different schools and competing athletically against smaller communities. It's really not a fair playing field since they get to share athletes and the UIL can't do much to regulate it. There will be more Palestine kids transferring over to WW in the next couple years 

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

I suspect the rankings were generated prior to Barrier moving back. Maybe someone who has the new magazine can tell us if they have Barrier listed in Anahuac or Rusk. Anahuac is definitely worthy of being in the top 25. 

When does the mag arrive in the mail box? I don’t have mine yet.  

16 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Could you post the 2ad1 top 25 for me

Ganado

Refugio 

Honey Grove

Timpson

Garrison

Stamford

Hawley

Cooper

Mason

Sunray

Marlin

Abernathy

Beckville

Axtell

Panhandle

Tioga

Crawford

Coleman

Waskom

Centerville

Cisco

New Home

Frankston

Holland

Italy

17 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

They were not… he is mentioned when they say Anahuac is a sleeper team

Back when all this started two years ago I stated the endless hype and eventual school hopping would be detrimental to this young man. Now it seems a reality check has occoured. If his addition to a decent Anahuac team can't elevate them into the top 25 as a Junior, I don't know. I hope he can prove the rankings wrong and AP can excell this year. I hope the young man finally has some space to grow. I got friends in the Wac. I hope to make a game with them when I can.      

4 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Back when all this started two years ago I stated the endless hype and eventual school hopping would be detrimental to this young man. Now it seems a reality check has occoured. If his addition to a decent Anahuac team can't elevate them into the top 25 as a Junior, I don't know. I hope he can prove the rankings wrong and AP can excell this year. I hope the young man finally has some space to grow. I got friends in the Wac. I hope to make a game with them when I can.      

Anahuac will be much better than some of those listed in the top 25. It will not take long for them to be ranked. 

41 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I think AP can do well in district 10, but to be honest thats a very low bar. District 10 is likely the next to the weakest district in the state. So getting into the State rankings might be harder to achieve. I hope they can have a lot of sucess in the next two years. Good luck AP! 

Perhaps. A year ago, district 10 swept the first round of the playoffs. I am certain that Anahuac has more in the stable than a few teams currently ranked in the top 25. 

22 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

No, you have it backwards. They were all swept OUT in the first round. D-10 goes down quick. 

D10 was swept this past season, the season before District 10 faired well. Actually, I think Buna lost that year. 

22 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

No, you have it backwards. They were all swept OUT in the first round. D-10 goes down quick. 

I just went back and checked. Looks like I had my wires crossed. District was 2-2 in round 1.

I checked too. Anahuac won a first round game two years ago, as did Orangefield. Both were out the next round. 

EC and Buna are both O-for the first round during the past two years. District 10 is 2-8 overall the past two years. 

It does not take much to make the playoffs in this district, but winning a state playoff game is hard for them.