DCTF 3A D1 Pre Season Rankings

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

Who knows what will happen as this season plays out.. but looking at preseason predictions I’d say Anahuac is probably the only team from district 10 that wins in bi district 

EC will be solid also. They have a sophomore qb returning who's probably as good as the AP QB. Neither team will have much up front far as I know. AP probably has the advantage on defense 

2 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

EC will be solid also. They have a sophomore qb returning who's probably as good as the AP QB. Neither team will have much up front far as I know. AP probably has the advantage on defense 

That’s good… I was wondering about EC… looking at district 9 they predict Palestine Westwood 3rd and Fairfield 4th… I think Westwood is underrated and will be tough to stop from scoring… Also for those wondering the pre season defensive player of the year in district 10 is Orangefield LB Kaleb Menard… offensive is Coldspring RB Tyga Parker

1 minute ago, BBfan061 said:

That’s good… I was wondering about EC… looking at district 9 they predict Palestine Westwood 3rd and Fairfield 4th… I think Westwood is underrated and will be tough to stop from scoring… Also for those wondering the pre season defensive player of the year in district 10 is Orangefield LB Kaleb Menard… offensive is Coldspring RB Tyga Parker

Yea, DCTF has no idea what they're talking about 😂. They probably have too big of an area to cover to really key in on D10 though 

17 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Westwood is winning their district. 

17 hours ago, Setx fan said:

Yea, DCTF has no idea what they're talking about 😂. They probably have too big of an area to cover to really key in on D10 though 

DC usually gets their info from the local coaches. However, realizing they are not the expert like you.

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

DC usually gets their info from the local coaches. However, realizing they are not the expert like you.

Of course they contact the coaches to ask them about their team. Doesn't mean they'll get a good overview of the district as a whole. They're just guessing mostly based on stats from last year which isn't always that bad but not completely accurate either 

2 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Of course they contact the coaches to ask them about their team. Doesn't mean they'll get a good overview of the as a whole. They're just guessing mostly based on stats from last year which isn't always that bad but not completely accurate either 

You are right, what do the coaches know ? 

You are right, what do the coaches know ? 

It's not about what they know. It's about the information they're being asked to provide. Which is probably mostly about their team rather than the district as a whole. 

46 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

It's not about what they know. It's about the information they're being asked to provide. Which is probably mostly about their team rather than the district as a whole. 

They are issued questionnaires that probably also ask who in their opinions are the top players in the district. I imagine some districts are easier than others to do

• 2 weeks later...

He will help Anahuac but remember Anahuac finished 5th in their district last year. They will make the playoffs . They must prove themselves and I think they will. He did not make Rusk world beaters. Anahuac still has a way to go. 

There are 1000 examples of "last year" being "irrelevant" to a current year. Rusk was very young last year, and they will never beat Carthage under any circumstances anyway. Rusk was also not "world beaters" with the previous two D1 QBs either.

Anahuac was the clear favorite before the return of the D1 QB and it is based upon the overall strength of the group that Anahuac has entering into athletically "mature" phase.  

12 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

There are 1000 examples of "last year" being "irrelevant" to a current year. Rusk was very young last year, and they will never beat Carthage under any circumstances anyway. Rusk was also not "world beaters" with the previous two D1 QBs either.

Anahuac was the clear favorite before the return of the D1 QB and it is based upon the overall strength of the group that Anahuac has entering into athletically "mature" phase.  

Not saying they didn’t have a decent team before he returned… but they were clear favorites due in large part to an overall pretty weak district IMO. Depending on how the brackets shake out I’d be surprised if a team from the district is still playing in the 3rd round. 

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

Not saying they didn’t have a decent team before he returned… but they were clear favorites due in large part to an overall pretty weak district IMO. Depending on how the brackets shake out I’d be surprised if a team from the district is still playing in the 3rd round. 

Anahuac is set up well to give any team a run for their money. The district being "weak" is about as relevant as Belville's district being "weak" last year was for Belville. I can easily see them winning multiple playoff games. 

4 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Anahuac is set up well to give any team a run for their money. The district being "weak" is about as relevant as Belville's district being "weak" last year was for Belville. I can easily see them winning multiple playoff games. 

Well I’ll eat my words if they make it past the 3rd round lol 

3 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Well I’ll eat my words if they make it past the 3rd round lol 

I dont know if they will make it that far but they definitely could depending on how the matchups shake out. Would not rate them above Columbus, Hitchcock or Franklin but they cand definitely hang with anyone else.