Schloss to tu

AggiesAreWe

9 hours ago, Gocats90 said:

Good hire. But an absolute liar to Aggieland. Terrible way to leave you don’t owe it to anyone. Also, you do owe to the players and the fans and everyone who supported you along the way. Again great hire by ut. Scholss you are a snake…

The 12th man deserves so much better than this..

Did you feel this bad for TCU when he left that program pretty much the exact same way?

1 hour ago, Coach85 said:

I don’t think Schloss and the AD (Trev Alberts) saw eye to eye. I think Alberts came in and is wanting to cut some of the spending that was about to happen in the baseball program. Just what I’ve pieced together from things I’ve read….I believe Schloss will be very well taken care of at UT.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  Apparently when Alberts let Chris Parks go, who was one of Schloss’s guys, he was pretty upset about it.  Don’t know a ton of detail about it but it is rumored it definitely caused a rift between the two.  I can’t imagine this came down to money because it’s not like A&M couldn’t afford to match what UT is paying him.  And I’m sure that was offered when they made a last ditch effort to keep him. 

12 hours ago, Gocats90 said:

Good hire. But an absolute liar to Aggieland. Terrible way to leave you don’t owe it to anyone. Also, you do owe to the players and the fans and everyone who supported you along the way. Again great hire by ut. Scholss you are a snake…

He will cash in at UT but his reputation has suffered greatly. I doubt that matters to someone like him. 

6 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Excatly. No one cried for TCU.

The guy is a mercenary. If TAM sniped him away from TCU, did they expect any kind of loyalty?  

It’s the same and not the same. TCU wasn’t one win away from a national title, and texas fires their coach the day A&M is playing? This is A&M and ut rivalry we are talking about!!!!! 

I get aggy being pissed off about the press conference comments, and the firing of Pierce on the day of the national championship (although schools and teams do that all the time). But in the end, I think the thing that they are most upset about is the fact that UT can come in and hire their most successful big 3 coach away, just because they want to.  Reinforces every inferiority complex they have, that they won’t or are incapable of admitting.  

18 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I get aggy being pissed off about the press conference comments, and the firing of Pierce on the day of the national championship (although schools and teams do that all the time). But in the end, I think the thing that they are most upset about is the fact that UT can come in and hire their most successful big 3 coach away, just because they want to.  Reinforces every inferiority complex they have, that they won’t or are incapable of admitting.  

I certainly don't feel that way. It's business.

But the dude handled it very badly and there is no getting around that.

I mean, when Mad Dog Russo and Steven A. call the guy an ass and a fraud for how he handled it, that's saying something.

I also believe the fact that the AD and Schloss are good friends had a lot to do with the hire. Not so sure another AD gets that done.

Again, very good hire. The timing of it all is a bit suspicious and somewhat petty. But again, it's business.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I certainly don't feel that way. It's business.

But the dude handled it very badly and there is no getting around that.

I mean, when Mad Dog Russo and Steven A. call the guy an ass and a fraud for how he handled it, that's saying something.

I also believe the fact that the AD and Schloss are good friends had a lot to do with the hire. Not so sure another AD gets that done.

Again, very good hire. The timing of it all is a bit suspicious and somewhat petty. But again, it's business.

Yep couldn’t have said it more perfect.

On 6/25/2024 at 5:47 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Reports say he has accepted the head coaching job in Austin.

That post game interview last night makes him look pretty bad. But, what could he say in that moment.

tu with a very good hire.

Nice to see an Aggie with a reasonable take on this.  Some of the stuff I’ve been reading online is pretty out there 

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Nice to see an Aggie with a reasonable take on this.  Some of the stuff I’ve been reading online is pretty out there 

I agree and I rarely disagree with AAW’s takes.  It’s more the ones who love to throw around the term “t-shirt fans” (like they don’t have plenty of their own and who the heck cares anyway?  Why can’t someone cheer of a college of their choice just like pro teams?).  I have always been convinced that term is mostly utilized by aggy alums who couldn’t get into UT and therefore assume those who cheer for the Longhorns couldn’t either.  Again, inferiority complex.  And again, that’s not AAW but many “loud and proud” aggy faithful I see online. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I agree and I rarely disagree with AAW’s takes.  It’s more the ones who love to throw around the term “t-shirt fans” (like they don’t have plenty of their own and who the heck cares anyway?  Why can’t someone cheer of a college of their choice just like pro teams?).  I have always been convinced that term is mostly utilized by aggy alums who couldn’t get into UT and therefore assume those who cheer for the Longhorns couldn’t either.  Again, inferiority complex.  And again, that’s not AAW but many “loud and proud” aggy faithful I see online. 

Plenty of dewsh fans for both schools…Whether it be the sky is falling/ everybody is against us Ags or the uppidy/superiority complex horns…