Why The Debate When The Parties Have Not Chosen Their Candidates?!

Reagan

My thoughts? 

Trump by a mile. I wish he’d have avoided the Hunter/Election stuff. The whole “I wouldn’t have been indicted if I weren’t running” works… “your son is a felon, too” might get MAGA to cheer, but not the people who aren’t committed. I wish he didn’t preach to the choir so much. 

By comparison, the non-partisans might feel like the better choice is Trump. Biden was so bad that I could see him stepping out or being forced out of the race. 

Here’s the big news… I’m hedging my bets somewhat. Pay attention. If Biden stays in, I like Trump’s chances better than I did before the debate.  He had a really good performance. Kinda makes me wonder what would have happened if Trump had performed like this in ‘20. 

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

My thoughts? 

Trump by a mile. I wish he’d have avoided the Hunter/Election stuff. The whole “I wouldn’t have been indicted if I weren’t running” works… “your son is a felon, too” might get MAGA to cheer, but not the people who aren’t committed. I wish he didn’t preach to the choir so much. 

By comparison, the non-partisans might feel like the better choice is Trump. Biden was so bad that I could see him stepping out or being forced out of the race. 

Here’s the big news… I’m hedging my bets somewhat. Pay attention. If Biden stays in, I like Trump’s chances better than I did before the debate.  He had a really good performance. Kinda makes me wonder what would have happened if Trump had performed like this in ‘20. 

I am curious as to why Biden spewing debunked and outright lies about Trump didn't bother. Ooops, never mind. Birds of a feather.

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

Biden - For 51 years Roe v. Wade was the law of the land.

If I was Trump, who didn’t get a rebuttal, I would have said… For 59 years Plessy v. Ferguson was law of the land that said separate but equal was constitutional. It was overturned by Brown v. Board of Education. So is the Supreme Court allowed to correct mistakes? 

You read my mind. 

2 minutes ago, mat said:

I think CNN is done a good job. Their format actually helped Trump stay in line.

I also think CNN did a good job, except for Dana Bash framing the Climate Change question around a set of lies. She should be fired just for that one thing. Other than that, the moderators I thought did good by staying out of the debate.