That Moment She Realized Her Hero Doesn't Like Black People!

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

But they did. How can someone say “those dirty racists burned down the black Wall Street (Tulsa) in the 1920s, then say “we didn’t have anything until the civil rights act of 1964? Were they exaggerating about the “black Wall Street,” or when they say “we couldn’t have anything until ‘64?” Because both can’t be true. 

Did HBCUs exist?  George Washington Carver went to college in the 1880s.  It didn’t suddenly become possible in the 1970s. The fact is this…. My parents chose not to go to college, just like yours chose not to go. But 50 years later I’m not blaming it on racism.  

The problem with false claims of racism work like this… they rob people like you who make good decisions of the credit you deserve. You didn’t make it “despite all of the racism,” but you’re forced to say that because the success you achieved with hard work invalidates the racism excuse that others like to fall back on. You, by existing, invalidate their claims. 

We did not have the protections hence the Black Wallstreet masscre. I was able to attend college because I had a special talent (basketball schlorship for my first degree). I might not have gone otherwise. Just because I am OK in spite of institutional racism doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Just now, Big girl said:

We did not have the protections hence the Black Wallstreet masscre. I was able to attend college because I had a special talent (basketball schlorship for my first degree). I might not have gone otherwise. Just because I am OK in spite of institutional racism doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

You’re missing my point. Why didn’t my white parents go to college? Because they made choices that led them into different directions. Why didn’t your black parents go to college? That was racism. 

No, it’s not. 

NONE of my grandparents finished high school. Neither of my both of my parents went to college.  I didn’t go to college on a basketball scholly. You’ve literally had it as good or better than me, but you still claim to be a victim of racism. That’s ludicrous. 

A lot of people from all races end up in poverty. According to you, more whites than blacks are on welfare.. so by your way of thinking, since there are less blacks than whites in poverty, black people have it better than white in the US and racism has been solved.   Good to know. 

17 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

You’re missing my point. Why didn’t my white parents go to college? Because they made choices that led them into different directions. Why didn’t your black parents go to college? That was racism. 

No, it’s not. 

NONE of my grandparents finished high school. Neither of my both of my parents went to college.  I didn’t go to college on a basketball scholly. You’ve literally had it as good or better than me, but you still claim to be a victim of racism. That’s ludicrous. 

A lot of people from all races end up in poverty. According to you, more whites than blacks are on welfare.. so by your way of thinking, since there are less blacks than whites in poverty, black people have it better than white in the US and racism has been solved.   Good to know. 

Partner, you're wasting your time. You are asking her to give up on a lifetime of manufactured repression & oppression. It's a comfortable place for her and those like her (those who would rather point to excuses than solutions). Does racism still exist? Yes it does - but not systemically like many claim. If she gives up on the idea of systemic racism controlling her life, that means she'd responsible for her own successes & failures. That's a scary place to go when you've been shielded under the blanket of "woe is me" your whole life.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Partner, you're wasting your time. You are asking her to give up on a lifetime of manufactured repression & oppression. It's a comfortable place for her and those like her (those who would rather point to excuses than solutions). Does racism still exist? Yes it does - but not systemically like many claim. If she gives up on the idea of systemic racism controlling her life, that means she'd responsible for her own successes & failures. That's a scary place to go when you've been shielded under the blanket of "woe is me" your whole life.

How do you know that systematic racism doesn't exist?

25 minutes ago, Big girl said:

How do you know that systematic racism doesn't exist?

It's systemic not systematic. Systematic means done in an orderly, process-driven way. Systemic means relating to a whole system, like the criminal justice system or the nervous system. I threw in the nervous system since you are in the healthcare industry, and it may make more sense to you.

There simply isn’t any evidence for systemic racism today. Because systemic racism doesn’t exist—not anymore.

That doesn’t mean racism doesn’t exist anymore. Of course, it does. I’ve been racist against other people. And other people have been racist against me. Just like every kind of sin, racism will never end—not until Jesus returns.

Nevertheless, the concept of systemic racism today has become underlined by a form of cultural relativism, a concept defined by perceptions, not proof.

You tell me what systemic racism means to you. Perhaps it's just your perception.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

It's systemic not systematic. Systematic means done in an orderly, process-driven way. Systemic means relating to a whole system, like the criminal justice system or the nervous system. I threw in the nervous system since you are in the healthcare industry, and it may make more sense to you.

There simply isn’t any evidence for systemic racism today. Because systemic racism doesn’t exist—not anymore.

That doesn’t mean racism doesn’t exist anymore. Of course, it does. I’ve been racist against other people. And other people have been racist against me. Just like every kind of sin, racism will never end—not until Jesus returns.

Nevertheless, the concept of systemic racism today has become underlined by a form of cultural relativism, a concept defined by perceptions, not proof.

You tell me what systemic racism means to you. Perhaps it's just your perception.

There’s a common misconception that separate outcomes are “proof” that racism exists, even when there are more plausible explanations. 

There more white people in prison for “white collar crimes.” Does that mean that the system is slanted to unfairly punish white people for committing those types of crimes? No, it means that more white people COMMIT those types of crimes, which leads to more white people are in prison for doing those types of crimes.  There is always an immediate rebuttal that states, “oh, yeah? But when black people and white people commit the same crime, black people get longer sentences!” And that claim is never substantiated with actual evidence… because a closer examination of the two examples submitted always has some mitigating factor.

11 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Big girl, what you provided is the opinions of 5 different people.  Which you know what opinions are worth.  I actually wanted to know your opinion on what systemic racism is.  

Why waste the time typing when I can just post an article.

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Why waste the time typing when I can just post an article.

This is the hidden content, please

All I had to do is read the first talking point to know that no reasonable person can take this serious. In fact, the writer should be openly mocked and ridiculed for spewing propaganda designed to perpetuate division. If you actually find anything factual in this article, you need to seek professional help.

If you would like to discuss these idiotic talking points one by one, let me know. I would love to engage in this discussion. But be fair warned...I don't think I can participate without employing intense mockery, shaming, derision, taunting, disparagement, etc. The subject matter is just that stupid. You might want to steer this for debate to Cardinalbacker (or someone else on the board). He will shoot you down as I would, but in a very, very, very nicer fashion.

30 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Let me get this straight… we don’t like it when Englebert belittles other people, but we should all vote for a guy who can’t do anything BUT belittle other people?

Makes perfect sense to me. 

Apples & Airplanes

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Let me get this straight… we don’t like it when Englebert belittles other people, but we should all vote for a guy who can’t do anything BUT belittle other people?

Makes perfect sense to me. 

Do we like it when you belittle people?

I can't believe you didn't include yourself in this post.