That Moment She Realized Her Hero Doesn't Like Black People!

45 minutes ago, Englebert said:

That's exactly why I said I would not participate.

I’m not trying to join hands and sing “We are the World”, but why don’t you just rely on facts, logic, reasoning, your intelligence, etc. to make your point. Personally, I almost never disagree with your underlying message. It’s all the extra degradation that clouds the water.

For me, there’s nothing wrong with a little jab here and there (it’s actually kinda fun), but when the insults become more personal & overtake the argument, it just seems less effective. I’m no saint. I’ve been warned on here for poor conduct (not just making fun of a poster, but bringing in his family members and other questionable tactics). I just decided to give it up. I think it’s helped me in a lot of ways, not just on here. 

5 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I’m not trying to join hands and sing “We are the World”, but why don’t you just rely on facts, logic, reasoning, your intelligence, etc. to make your point. Personally, I almost never disagree with your underlying message. It’s all the extra degradation that clouds the water.

For me, there’s nothing wrong with a little jab here and there (it’s actually kinda fun), but when the insults become more personal & overtake the argument, it just seems less effective. I’m no saint. I’ve been warned on here for poor conduct (not just making fun of a poster, but bringing in his family members and other questionable tactics). I just decided to give it up. I think it’s helped me in a lot of ways, not just on here. 

The problem is that you never know what’s gonna really set somebody off. 

I’ve gotten placed in timeout because somebody else started cussing me.  Through no fault of my own, I’m certain. 😇

If you agree with somebody 100% of the time, you’re probably both dumb-or at least that’s how I see it. 

13 hours ago, Englebert said:

All I had to do is read the first talking point to know that no reasonable person can take this serious. In fact, the writer should be openly mocked and ridiculed for spewing propaganda designed to perpetuate division. If you actually find anything factual in this article, you need to seek professional help.

If you would like to discuss these idiotic talking points one by one, let me know. I would love to engage in this discussion. But be fair warned...I don't think I can participate without employing intense mockery, shaming, derision, taunting, disparagement, etc. The subject matter is just that stupid. You might want to steer this for debate to Cardinalbacker (or someone else on the board). He will shoot you down as I would, but in a very, very, very nicer fashion.

You cannot dispute facts.

12 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I'm not that interested in getting into a long, drawn out discussion for most of the topics on here. I usually jump in when the insults have already been flying. 

27 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The problem is that you never know what’s gonna really set somebody off. 

I’ve gotten placed in timeout because somebody else started cussing me.  Through no fault of my own, I’m certain. 😇

If you agree with somebody 100% of the time, you’re probably both dumb-or at least that’s how I see it. 

Couldn't agree more.

28 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’ve gotten placed in timeout because somebody else started cussing me.

Well, I had the guy on the ropes in the conversation, and I went into a feeding frenzy - overplayed my hand a little. Lol. The "Richard" came out in me, and I couldn't (wouldn't) stop...

15 hours ago, Big girl said:

Why waste the time typing when I can just post an article.

This is the hidden content, please

Because the article is without facts proving systemic racism. Go back and read the reply to you that I posted at 11:35 am yesterday, please.

Perception is not proof.

That's why it would be helpful for you to describe a factual current condition of systemic racism.

It's like this..... "there are more black people in prison that others"-that is a fact. 

"That is proof that the legal system is racist."  That is an opinion.  There could be hundreds of reasons why there are more black people in prison per capita, but it's not just "systemic racism."  The police aren't stopping young black men on the sidewalk, minding their own business, and sending them to prison for "being black." 

"Black home ownership is low compared to other races."  Once again, a fact.

"....caused by the practice of redlining and systemic racism."   Now we've strayed of into the realm of opinion, when there are literally hundreds of reasons why that number is lower.  Did it play a part?  Possibly.  But how much of a part did it play, compared to other causes, like the breakdown in the nuclear family, high incarceration rates, people fleeing rural areas for larger metro areas, etc?  That's not systemic racism.

Blaming all of life's misfortunes on racism is the equivalent of saying that all of the bad things in life occur to you "because nobody likes me."  You're broke?  "Nobody likes me."  Dropped out of school? "Nobody likes me."   You live in government housing and have very little personal wealth?  "Nobody likes me."  That's how dumb blaming everything on racism sounds.  

I wish that the black community would focus on identifying the actual causes of the discrepancies of outcomes, instead of just saying "because nobody like us."  They freely admit that we (non-blacks) want to emulate and/or steal their ideas when it comes to entertainment, but still hate them so much that we try to keep them broke?  

Ben Shapiro asked, and I've parroted him many, many times.... "Can you point me towards a law, policy or regulation that exists in 2024 that is racist towards black people?  Because I will stand shoulder to shoulder with you to fight that injustice."  But instead all you get is opinion.   "Look at the percentages... that proves racism."  No, it doesn't.