Trump's VP pick today?

14 hours ago, baddog said:

As long as one’s bread is buttered, why care about anyone else? I don’t need Trump to save me. We all need Trump to save this country from communism. That’s a plain and simple fact.

16 hours ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

Cause I don’t like Donald! I don’t need Biden no Donald to save me. I wake up everyday put my big boy britches on and grind… I bought a new house this past November and not to brag or anything but it was right at $600k for the house and 15 acres between Lindale and Mineola… long story short blame Biden for whatever u want. The ones who work and don’t need government to save them are still doing good

Though I do agree about big boy britches and govt staying out of our business but you come off clueless (or is it your an elitist) how govt can and have an affect on the economy.

you may want to read up on history or go visit a 3rd world country.

On 7/16/2024 at 11:31 AM, Separation Scientist said:

Tune in and you might learn someting. I watched JDV interview last night. That question was asked, and he had a great answer. He admitted he made one innapropiate comment years ago but has since seen with his own eyes the excellence Trump brought to America and even the whole world. He commented he clearly saw the world at peace, almost zero terrorism, a secure border, and a  rocking ecomonmy with almost no inflation, etc. and he was throughly convinced Trump is the best man to lead the nation. If that does not convince you, why would Trump (of all people) choose a VP that hates him? Trump is totally convinced about JDV. Open your eyes like JDV did years ago. Learn things, It can help you too.    

Yes. 

Just like G H W Bush said that Reagan was preaching voodoo economics. Then he became Reagan’s vice president and went on to become the president.

As president he mostly stuck with what he had earlier called voodoo economics. He reneged on a campaign promise however and raised the top tax rate from 28% to 31%. It cost him the election with Bill Clinton.

The idea that, he said something bad about him 8 years ago is ridiculous.

Not 8 years earlier but in the same election season, Kamala Harris called Joe Biden out for dealing with two segregationist legislators and that his actions have been “hurtful” to minority communities.

Let’s see, Vance makes a remark 8 years earlier yet is picked as the VP candidate. Harris makes a remark that is essentially an accusation of racism against Biden a couple of months earlier yet is picked as the VP candidate.

Things that make you go hmmmmm…..

JD Vance came from a broken home, raised by his grandmother, because his mother stayed on drugs,,,,,,,Marine, served in Iraq, graduate of Ohio State University and Yale law school..... Seems like the picture perfect American dream......

Of course, Dem;s are going to hate him because.........

7 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Though I do agree about big boy britches and govt staying out of our business but you come off clueless (or is it your an elitist) how govt can and have an affect on the economy.

you may want to read up on history or go visit a 3rd world country.

We here the same thing constantly

im definitely not clueless 

4 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Yes. 

Just like G H W Bush said that Reagan was preaching voodoo economics. Then he became Reagan’s vice president and went on to become the president.

As president he mostly stuck with what he had earlier called voodoo economics. He reneged on a campaign promise however and raised the top tax rate from 28% to 31%. It cost him the election with Bill Clinton.

The idea that, he said something bad about him 8 years ago is ridiculous.

Not 8 years earlier but in the same election season, Kamala Harris called Joe Biden out for dealing with two segregationist legislators and that his actions have been “hurtful” to minority communities.

Let’s see, Vance makes a remark 8 years earlier yet is picked as the VP candidate. Harris makes a remark that is essentially an accusation of racism against Biden a couple of months earlier yet is picked as the VP candidate.

Things that make you go hmmmmm…..

I remember like yesterday Bush saying, ”Read my lips. No new taxes”. It was one of the first things he did.

22 minutes ago, baddog said:

I remember like yesterday Bush saying, ”Read my lips. No new taxes”. It was one of the first things he did.

When a butterfly flaps it wings…. (Old Japanese or Chinese proverb)

If Bush doesn’t raise taxes, he likely beats Clinton. Everything after that is a domino effect.

If we never have Bill, we never have Hillary……….

35 minutes ago, baddog said:

That’s what’s so disappointing… no one understands macro/micro economics. We need tax revenue to provide the services EVERYBODY wants. 

How about we cut taxes and eliminate Social Security for old people? How about we cut taxes and halve our military. Maybe we should stop doing any repairs to our infrastructure and cut taxes. 

No…. We want to say “hands off” about the programs that benefit us directly, but still have our taxes cut. Billionaires who don’t pay any income taxes are the heroes of right… most of whom are working stiffs. 

Reagan’s trickle down economics forced tax increases. Trump’s tax cuts created deficits that will require tax increases. It’s math. It’s not rocket surgery. 

The bad news is that a country can’t go into bankruptcy protection like trump likes to do. 

2 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

If Bush doesn’t raise taxes, he likely beats Clinton. Everything after that is a domino effect.

But…. Those tax increases, combined with the more fiscally responsible spending of the 1990s were the last time we didn’t have annual deficits in Washington. 

If Bush hadn’t raised taxes, we’d already be insolvent. 75 trillion in debt and facing 20% internet rates on mortgages… and SS would have been broke already. 

Somebody is going to have to be a grownup at some point. 

24 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

But…. Those tax increases, combined with the more fiscally responsible spending of the 1990s were the last time we didn’t have annual deficits in Washington. 

If Bush hadn’t raised taxes, we’d already be insolvent. 75 trillion in debt and facing 20% internet rates on mortgages… and SS would have been broke already. 

Somebody is going to have to be a grownup at some point. 

I wasn’t talking about taxes. 

41 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I liked Bush. I was simply remembering what seemed to be his campaign slogan. The raising of taxes is a part of life. Would have been nice if he had said we needed to raise taxes. It comes across better to me. But then, that’s asking a politician to be honest.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

I liked Bush. I was simply remembering what seemed to be his campaign slogan. The raising of taxes is a part of life. Would have been nice if he had said we needed to raise taxes. It comes across better to me. But then, that’s asking a politician to be honest.

I wasn’t going with or against anyone’s opinions, economics discussions, etc.

The old proverb has some meaning though. When a butterfly flaps its wings, it can be felt around the World or something to that effect. A minuscule event could change history.

There is probably an almost 100% chance that had Bush not raised taxes, Trump would have likely never even run for the presidency and almost certainly wouldn’t have been elected.

The song Third Rock From The Sun from the 90s is an awesome example of the butterfly flapping its wings. 

Cause and effect or the chaos theory.

On 7/17/2024 at 1:43 PM, thetragichippy said:

JD Vance came from a broken home, raised by his grandmother, because his mother stayed on drugs,,,,,,,Marine, served in Iraq, graduate of Ohio State University and Yale law school..... Seems like the picture perfect American dream......

Of course, Dem;s are going to hate him because.........

What was his job as a Marine in Iraq?

24 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yup…. Thanks for proving once again that all republicans aren’t racists, but all racists are republicans. 

There you go with your profiling.  If you were as smart as you think you are, we’d all be better off.  Maybe I should have said America hating Muslims.  Would that have been ok with you??  Maybe I should get your approval before I make another post!  Nah, I’ll pass on that one.

31 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

There you go with your profiling.  If you were as smart as you think you are, we’d all be better off.  Maybe I should have said America hating Muslims.  Would that have been ok with you??  Maybe I should get your approval before I make another post!  Nah, I’ll pass on that one.

Don’t back down now… 

We were over there trying to end Saddam Hussein’s brutal reign. We were supporting one group of Muslims against the other group of Muslims (Sunni vs Shia).  

But you just did what all racists do… lump all together and call them a name. Kinda like all of those Mexican rapists and murderers flooding the Southern border, huh?

Trump might not be a racist, but all of the racists love him… and he counts on their support. 

And people who think like you are the reason Rs can’t win a National campaign anymore. 

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Don’t back down now… 

We were over there trying to end Saddam Hussein’s brutal reign. We were supporting one group of Muslims against the other group of Muslims (Sunni vs Shia).  

But you just did what all racists do… lump all together and call them a name. Kinda like all of those Mexican rapists and murderers flooding the Southern border, huh?

Trump might not be a racist, but all of the racists love him… and he counts on their support. 

And people who think like you are the reason Rs can’t win a National campaign anymore. 

Says the guy who has voted for him every time he has run, lol.

22 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Don’t back down now… 

I wish we had it all figured out like you do

2 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

I’ve said for a long time when the other side is losing an argument or has nothing to say they holler racism.  This is on full display now by one of our friends!  😏👍🏻

9 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I’ve said for a long time when the other side is losing an argument or has nothing to say they holler racism.  This is on full display now by one of our friends!  😏👍🏻

Or, hear me out..... sometimes, somebody lets the mask slip and says something really racist/sexist/anti-semitic or whatever.

Seriously... how would you have reacted if he'd said something about "dirty Jews" instead of "scum-sucking muslims?"  

My guess is you and all of your homies would be busy crying to moderators about his statement.

But, you defend him because your views match his.  But that's no suprise, huh, "Mr. Joebama."

46 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Or, hear me out..... sometimes, somebody lets the mask slip and says something really racist/sexist/anti-semitic or whatever.

Seriously... how would you have reacted if he'd said something about "dirty Jews" instead of "scum-sucking muslims?"  

My guess is you and all of your homies would be busy crying to moderators about his statement.

But, you defend him because your views match his.  But that's no suprise, huh, "Mr. Joebama."

The Jews are no where near what Muslims are, they are good people, so I will never call them that.  Now for Muslims, they are scum suckers.  Call me what you want, if it makes you feel better!

5 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

The Jews are no where near what Muslims are, they are good people, so I will never call them that.  Now for Muslims, they are scum suckers.  Call me what you want, if it makes you feel better!

All Muslims?