Biden is out…

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

Like I told Cardinalbacker, Trump did this as a businessman.  When business is concerned, you have to grease the skids.  Trump has paid millions and millions in taxes and has employed thousands and thousands of people.  These people then provide for their families and pay taxes.  Biden or the Cackler knows NOTHING about running a business and employing people!

What about all the subcontractors he bankrupted? 

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

That is why there is a mad scramble to replace her or keep her off of the ballot. 

If the DNC thought she had the election in the bag, she would already be receiving their backing and nomination.

Hey, the campaign raised $87 million in 24 hours after Biden’s withdrawal from the race and endorsement of Harris. Mostly small dollar donors. I’d say she’s already receiving backing.

16 minutes ago, baddog said:

Obama needs another puppet. God, and I thought Biden was an embarrassment. This cacklin’ hyena would be the embarrassment from eternity. Thank God she ain’t gonna win.

Y’all have no one to blame but yourselves for nominating Trump again.  

Trump 2028!!!!

37 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Hey, the campaign raised $87 million in 24 hours after Biden’s withdrawal from the race and endorsement of Harris. Mostly small dollar donors. I’d say she’s already receiving backing.

From the DNC or rank and file?

I made a couple of comments about the DNC is going to be in trouble if they try to force out the first B/F nominee.

Some of the powers that be, like Barack Obama, are trying to throw a wrench in the spokes for some reason. 

46 minutes ago, UT alum said:

And you perhaps conveniently didn’t comment on my post that you copied.

People in this forum and others, led by CB, have proclaimed that Trump can’t win. If that is true, why hasn’t the nomination been already handed to Harris? Why have some big names failed to throw their support behind the potential first female/Black/Asian president, especially if she is so sure to win? Why do some want an open convention? 

Why has Joe Manchin and probably others gone on television saying that he is exploring a run for the presidency?

Is it because when you get past all of the bravado, many are skeptical of this “sure win”? 

10 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I made a couple of comments about the DNC is going to be in trouble if they try to force out the first B/F nominee.

Some of the powers that be, like Barack Obama, are trying to throw a wrench in the spokes for some reason. 

No, typically presidents and party leaders don’t wade into primary contests. Until Trump, at least. 

2 hours ago, tvc184 said:

That is why there is a mad scramble to replace her or keep her off of the ballot. 

If the DNC thought she had the election in the bag, she would already be receiving their backing and nomination.

They are not trying to get rid of her. Have you seen how much money she has raised in the last 36 hours?

1 minute ago, tvc184 said:

People in this forum and others, led by CB, have proclaimed that Trump can’t win. If that is true, why hasn’t the nomination been already handed to Harris? Why have some big names failed to throw their support behind the potential first female/Black/Asian president, especially if she is so sure to win? Why do some want an open convention? 

Why has Joe Manchin and probably others gone on television saying that he is exploring a run for the presidency?

Is it because when you get past all of the bravado, many are skeptical of this “sure win”? 

What news outlet are you watching. Harris is going to be the nominee.

Just now, CardinalBacker said:

No, typically presidents and party leaders don’t wade into primary contests. Until Trump, at least. 

That is a nonsensical answer. This isn’t a primary. That has long since been over.

Clinton has come out in support of Harris. Pelosi has thrown in her endorsement. So has Newsom.

Why isn’t this over and it should be a rally around Harris? Why not Obama? Jefferies? Schumer? 

Why this divide for the guaranteed first Black female president?

And hopefully not wading into primaries isn’t all that you have. For all of your proclaimed optimism, apparently many Democratic leaders don’t share your opinion.

7 minutes ago, Big girl said:

They are not trying to get rid of her. Have you seen how much money she has raised in the last 36 hours?

Hahaha….

You’re on the CB bandwagon!!

She is a sure win!! But Obama, Schumer, Jefferies and others don’t necessarily share that enthusiasm. They will eventually have to come on board or be swept away in the future dealings.

11 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Hahaha….

You’re on the CB bandwagon!!

She is a sure win!! But Obama, Schumer, Jefferies and others don’t necessarily share that enthusiasm. They will eventually have to come on board or be swept away in the future dealings.

Schumer, and Jefferies endorsed her today.

10 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

That is a nonsensical answer. This isn’t a primary. That has long since been over.

Clinton has come out in support of Harris. Pelosi has thrown in her endorsement. So has Newsom.

Why isn’t this over and it should be a rally around Harris? Why not Obama? Jefferies? Schumer? 

Why this divide for the guaranteed first Black female president?

And hopefully not wading into primaries isn’t all that you have. For all of your proclaimed optimism, apparently many Democratic leaders don’t share your opinion.

No, Obama is a man of dignity, unlike Trump. 

If you’ll remember, Obama never endorsed a candidate, even Biden in 2020 (his own VP) until the primaries were over. 

This phenomenon of the President and party leaders throwing support for one primary candidate over a different primary candidate is a Trump thing… just ask Dade Phelan or Ernest Bailes. 

Now that Biden has quit the race, there will have to pick a nominee at the convention. Most Dems want it to be Harris, so they’re saying so to head off a convention fight. I don’t know of anybody who’s spoken up to toss their own name into the hat for consideration over Harris-it might happen, but it hasn’t happened yet that I’m aware of. 

31 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Rank and file.  It’s only been 2 days. Check back in a week or two and see what other endorsements come in.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

I don't care. I am not sensitive like you are. 😀

In all seriousness, I just don't get it. How can normal, to average, to well-educated upstanding pillars of the community be so easily fooled by the Liberal media. You have a college degree. I'm not sure what education level CardinalBacker has, but his posts indicate he excelled in education. So how did the Liberal media get so many of you to not only go along with the persecution of political rivals by the BIden administration, but convinced (brainwashed) y'all into actively supporting their treasonous actions. Everyone can readily see that Russiagate, the legal charges pressed to bankrupt and jail Trump are 100% politically motivated. And y'all not only witness it with no objection, but actively cheer them on. How did the media pull this off? It is baffling.

25 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Because this is an unprecedented event. Manchin already declared he’s not running as reported by the Washington Post. It’ll take a while to settle out. I can see where some might be concerned about the delegates already committed to Biden and think an open convention might be more fair to the constituency. Besides, she can’t officially receive the nomination until the convention anyway. Anybody else who wants to can start campaigning right now. Her support will solidify over the next couple of weeks.