Mike Pence

By definition, if one person receives a job because of their skin color, then another person is losing out because of their skin color. It was wrong when applicants were excluded because of race decades ago, and its wrong when it happens today… renaming racism as “affirmative action” or “DEI” doesn’t change the fact that it’s still just racism. 

12 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

By definition, if one person receives a job because of their skin color, then another person is losing out because of their skin color. It was wrong when applicants were excluded because of race decades ago, and its wrong when it happens today… renaming racism as “affirmative action” or “DEI” doesn’t change the fact that it’s still just racism. 

Damn, something we can agree on

16 hours ago, Englebert said:

That is the absolute opposite of what DEI is. You can't get more opposite than that. DEI promotes biased hiring decisions. PERIOD! The only question is if affirmative action hiring is justified based on passed sins, or is it really racism that should be abolished. 

Nope, it doesn't. The classes I take help me to give unbiased medical care. It is sad that you think that a woman or a minority in a position of power has to be a "DEI" hire.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Nope, it doesn't. The classes I take help me to give unbiased medical care. It is sad that you think that a woman or a minority in a position of power has to be a "DEI" hire.

It is sad that you think that is what I said. Maybe you need to take some "real" classes and quit trying to promote bigotry and racism.

It's not an opinion.  There's reasons for making such DEI statements.  Would you really want a DEI hire to be a pilot or brain surgeon?  Like, maybe, piloting a plane you are on or operating on your brain!  

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

Kamala=DEI hire, biden said he was doing it.  There is no denying it.  It is a shame you have to take classes to provide unbiased care.  That should be part of your ethics as a medical professional!

Just now, BS Wildcats said:

Kamala=DEI hire, biden said he was doing it.  There is no denying it.  It is a shame you have to take classes to provide unbiased care.  That should be part of your ethics as a medical professional!

You are wrong 

4 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Everyone takes the classes where I work. Some people have subconscious biases, that is why the classes are needed.

Just now, Big girl said:

Look at her qualifications. DA, state attorney general, and Senator. She is qualified.

That is not why she was chosen as VP.  Nice try.  If you listen to talk very much, it will not take a normal person to know that is no where near qualified.  Answer the question that posed, don’t avoid it.

Look at her qualifications. DA, state attorney general, and Senator. She is qualified.

I disagree with you on this one. Joe Biden stated that he was going to select his VP from a pool of candidates, all of whom were women of color. 

That’s a textbook DEI hire. If a decision is made to select a candidate, and one of the qualifiers for the position is their race… they were hired because of their race, and other people got passed over because of their race. 

Honest question, that I’m scared I already know your answer.  Do you think it’s okay to fill a position with a candidate who specifically fits certain racial or gender criteria? 

Like in this instance, where Biden stated loudly that his VP would be both of those things… female and minority. 

3 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

As a former medic that worked for an Ambulance service for 8 years in Port Arthur, it's disturbing, more bluntly, disgusting that you have to take a class to give unbiased care.  

Lmao. Her classes delve into the subconscious. 

32 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Nope. They want to make sure we don't have any biased opinions. New hires are required to take the classes; as well.

Do they teach you about the unconscious biases, bigotry, and racism ingrained in minorities? I'm guessing you are taught the regular negative stereotypes that only White people possess these immeasurable biases.

How does learning these "theories" enable you to  perform your job at a higher level? Be specific. Use real life examples if you have them. Also, please explain how you are a better person for being taught DEI?

On 8/5/2024 at 7:15 PM, Englebert said:

Do they teach you about the unconscious biases, bigotry, and racism ingrained in minorities? I'm guessing you are taught the regular negative stereotypes that only White people possess these immeasurable biases.

How does learning these "theories" enable you to  perform your job at a higher level? Be specific. Use real life examples if you have them. Also, please explain how you are a better person for being taught DEI?

I already did. Look at my previous posts.

31 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You left off Ho.

That should actually be the first qualification listed, it allowed all the others to happen.

I understand that sounds rude and crude, but folks need to know how this woman got to where she is, by volunteering to be arm candy to a 60 year old powerful politician as a 29 year old up and comer.