Threat to democracy?

3 hours ago, UT alum said:

He wasn't forced out. He sacrificed his wants for his country’s needs. The release and recommittal of delegates was done within party rules. This was an exercise in democracy that will be taught in civics classes for the next 250 years. 

Sir, with all due respect, had it not been for 70% of likely voters saying he was too cognitively declined to run again, and the own leaders of his party telling him to get out, he would still be in the race. He was absolutely forced out. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Sir, with all due respect, had it not been for 70% of likely voters saying he was too cognitively declined to run again, and the own leaders of his party telling him to get out, he would still be in the race. He was absolutely forced out. 

You know who’s complaining? Nobody but Republicans. Dem voters don’t care. All moderates said was “anybody but these two” and the Ds obliged. 

To be honest, republicans/christians/fiscal conservatives should have forced trump to drop out by voting for a decent human being in the primaries instead of the disaster that is trump. 

Nobody wants to listen to four more years of Trump’s yapping.  

Dems roll in ‘24. 

9 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

You know who’s complaining? Nobody but Republicans. Dem voters don’t care. All moderates said was “anybody but these two” and the Ds obliged. 

I never said any different. @UT alum said Biden wasn’t forced out. He most definitely was. That’s my point. His “this was an exercise in democracy that will be taught in civics classes” propaganda almost made me throw up in my mouth. That’s all I was saying.  

49 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

I guess that is why it is not a tight race and Biden didn't have to be replaced with someone that MIGHT win......

And the latest 538 poll shows Trump +4.......lol

My honest take at this snapshot in time… Kamala will win as long as nothing disastrous happens. The Democrat Machine is hitting on all cylinders right now. I pray that I’m wrong. 

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

My honest take at this snapshot in time… Kamala will win as long as nothing disastrous happens. The Democrat Machine is hitting on all cylinders right now. I pray that I’m wrong. 

I think you are and here is why.

She is still the VP - It is going to be difficult to support Biden's policies that got us where we are at (border/inflation, etc) and run a campaign who message needs to be change.  How are we going to fix something if we don't change.  How can she change a policy she currently has to support. Also, Supreme Court reform and Presidential immunity is impossible for several reasons, but mainly Biden is a lame duck now and he does not have near the votes to make that change......not even including the separation of powers....Want to see how Kamala handles those questions in a debate......

Likeability - No one liked her before the media played her up. She was polling at 1% before she dropped out in 2020. Today she is being hyped up by the lefty media, and it is working, but the more she talks, the more people will be reminded of who she really is. 

Accomplishments: Besides the title of VP, what can she add to her resume in 2024 versus her resume in 2020? "I screwed up the border"

54 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

She is still the VP - It is going to be difficult to support Biden's policies that got us where we are at (border/inflation, etc) and run a campaign who message needs to be change.  How are we going to fix something if we don't change.  How can she change a policy she currently has to support. Also, Supreme Court reform and Presidential immunity is impossible for several reasons, but mainly Biden is a lame duck now and he does not have near the votes to make that change......not even including the separation of powers....Want to see how Kamala handles those questions in a debate......

Likeability - No one liked her before the media played her up. She was polling at 1% before she dropped out in 2020. Today she is being hyped up by the lefty media, and it is working, but the more she talks, the more people will be reminded of who she really is. 

Accomplishments: Besides the title of VP, what can she add to her resume in 2024 versus her resume in 2020? "I screwed up the border"

One man’s “she dropped out at 1%” is another man’s “81 million people voted for Biden knowing she’d likely finish his term for him.”  

She has better support among Ds than Trump has among Rs, according to what I’m seeing. 

This is the hidden content, please

it’s safe to say that the advantage Trump enjoyed over Biden is gone. It’s a horse race at this point, and all she has to do is be more likable than trump.. which won’t be hard.  I saw this morning that Trump’s approval dropped back down to 36%…. The middle will go her way unless something changes things. 

True story. 

I was in line at Starbucks this morning and the girl at the front of the line was like “just put Kamala on it” when the barista asked for her name. The woman behind her in line was like  “you go girl!!”

The old white guy wearing a MAGA hat behind me started hollering and I couldn’t understand what he was saying, but he wrapped it up with an n-word, kicked over a chair and stomped out. 

It happened. 

23 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

One man’s “she dropped out at 1%” is another man’s “81 million people voted for Biden knowing she’d likely finish his term for him.”  

She has better support among Ds than Trump has among Rs, according to what I’m seeing. 

This is the hidden content, please

it’s safe to say that the advantage Trump enjoyed over Biden is gone. It’s a horse race at this point, and all she has to do is be more likable than trump.. which won’t be hard.  I saw this morning that Trump’s approval dropped back down to 36%…. The middle will go her way unless something changes things. 

You continue to just be "against Trump" and won't look at any other view. On 3-11 @4:37pm you wrote "Also, simple math would indicate that a vote for a candidate that can't win (Trump) is the same as a vote for the eventual winner (Biden)."  

You were wrong then......

36 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

True story. 

I was in line at Starbucks this morning and the girl at the front of the line was like “just put Kamala on it” when the barista asked for her name. The woman behind her in line was like  “you go girl!!”

The old white guy wearing a MAGA hat behind me started hollering and I couldn’t understand what he was saying, but he wrapped it up with an n-word, kicked over a chair and stomped out. 

It happened. 

🙄

1 hour ago, thetragichippy said:

If it were only that simple… like I said, I hope I’m wrong. I don’t think I am.

48 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

True story. 

It happened. 

That is some vivid imagination from someone with a history of lying.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

True story. 

It happened. 

I believe you. Wow

17 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

How can you claim to know the he man’s mind?That is an excellent example of right winged arrogance and the corrosive effects it has on public discourse. Richard Nixon was not forced to resign. He accepted the political reality when Barry Goldwater spoke for a group of Republican Congressional leaders August 7, 1974 telling him he had 5 votes in he Senate when he needed 37. He resigned August 9. 

You can spin it ever how you want, but Trump ain’t ready for prime time when it comes to straight up hardball politics. He’s not driving thee narrative now. That means he’s gonna have to be a politician to win, and he ain’t.

55 minutes ago, UT alum said:

How can you claim to know the he man’s mind?That is an excellent example of right winged arrogance and the corrosive effects it has on public discourse. Richard Nixon was not forced to resign. He accepted the political reality when Barry Goldwater spoke for a group of Republican Congressional leaders August 7, 1974 telling him he had 5 votes in he Senate when he needed 37. He resigned August 9. 

You can spin it ever how you want, but Trump ain’t ready for prime time when it comes to straight up hardball politics. He’s not driving thee narrative now. That means he’s gonna have to be a politician to win, and he ain’t.

Now that is some spin right there. You sound like you might be ready to audition for "The View". Everyone knows that Biden was forced out except...well, you know.

I have no idea what you are trying to convey in your second paragraph, except maybe a straight up comedy routine. Would you care to expound on that point?

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

1. How can you claim to know the he man’s mind? That is an excellent example of right winged arrogance and the corrosive effects it has on public discourse. Richard Nixon was not forced to resign. He accepted the political reality when Barry Goldwater spoke for a group of Republican Congressional leaders August 7, 1974 telling him he had 5 votes in he Senate when he needed 37. He resigned August 9. 

Spin it? What did my comment have anything to do with Trump? I never even mentioned him.

Every left wing rag and "news" program is saying that he was forced out from very deep insider information. I'm not being arrogant. I'm parroting what the left has already said. Richard Nixon WAS forced to resign. He wouldn't have had he hadn't got caught either. 

You're trying to go toe to toe with the wrong guy little buddy. I'm merely re-stating was is considered fact by even the left.

The only reason Rs are crying about Joe getting forced out is because they know, deep down in the heart of hearts, that they had a chance against Biden, and Kamala is about to stomp that proverbial mud hole in Trump’s gigantic behind, then walk it dry. 

Or at least that’s what it sounds like to me. 

Two weeks ago y’all were screaming that he needed to drop out, now you’re mad that world that he dropped out. 

Spineless, says I. 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

True story. 

It happened. 

What the heck are you doing in a Starbucks?

I took you for a 7/11 coffee kinda guy.

Maybe that elitists status is real.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

The only reason Rs are crying about Joe getting forced out is because they know, deep down in the heart of hearts, that they had a chance against Biden, and Kamala is about to stomp that proverbial mud hole in Trump’s gigantic behind, then walk it dry. 

Or at least that’s what it sounds like to me. 

Two weeks ago y’all were screaming that he needed to drop out, now you’re mad that world that he dropped out. 

Spineless, says I. 

Somebody is screaming for attention…and a hug.

You do know you’re not actually goading anyone, right?

• tvc184 locked this topic