Who is ready for the Olympics?

mat

On 8/3/2024 at 7:51 PM, CardinalBacker said:

Gay people shouldn’t have rights?

Of course your going to take one thing out of it…..did I say that or did I say that’s where it started…..like it or not…..deny it all you want.  Your just lying to yourself….

newsflash: PROGRESSive.  The progress of evil

8 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Of course your going to take one thing out of it…..did I say that or did I say that’s where it started…..like it or not…..deny it all you want.  Your just lying to yourself….

newsflash: PROGRESSive.  The progress of evil

Kinda like when they did away with slavery?

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree. But when you have a member posting stupid redundant threads 10 times a day, this is what we get.

This forum has really become a joke. It's nothing more than a smear forum.

Agreed to an extent. It's no different than the greater part of the national media though. There's no such thing as "news" anymore. Everything is reported with a slant or an agenda - from both sides. I will say that at least it's a form of entertainment. 

28 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree. But when you have a member posting stupid redundant threads 10 times a day, this is what we get.

This forum has really become a joke. It's nothing more than a smear forum.

Funny how you single out one poster and can ignore others, but, it's not surprising.

Seems personal.

59 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Funny how you single out one poster and can ignore others, but, it's not surprising.

Seems personal.

No member on this site posts more topics in this forum on a per day basis than he. I can show you the numbers but you already know. There are actually rules about flooding the forum. It's why we try to stay on top of the spamming that sometimes makes it's way to the site, His flooding the forum is a form of spamming.

Yes, others have posted stupid topics, but not near as much as he has.

My point being, the forum has relegated it's self as nothing but a smear forum. From both sides. 

21 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No member on this site posts more topics in this forum on a per day basis than he. I can show you the numbers but you already know. There are actually rules about flooding the forum. It's why we try to stay on top of the spamming that sometimes makes it's way to the site, His flooding the forum is a form of spamming.

My point being, the forum has relegated it's self as nothing but a smear forum. From both sides. 

I have to agree.......and what is kind of funny, when this poster post something and I see 2 or 3 comments, I go check them out and they are just him commenting on his own post.

This particular politics page is past discussions, it's who can one up each other.

55 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If you want to call posting negative information about the other side smearing, I get you, but I would call it something to be challenged by someone with a differing view.

Can't argue that the political forum has declined when I used to debate bullets, TX Hoops on issues and could have differing views on stuff but always ended respectfully.

Reagan does post a lot, buts it's usually articles from different sources rather than simply his opinion...whether you agree with the sources or not.  I have seen many articles from sources like the gateway pundit that I knew to be true, but they get dismissed as nonsense simply because of the source, without those saying it even bothering to look into the article.

I get called a red hatted fool, Trump worshipper, etc. simply because I agree with some of his policies even though I can't stand the guy, but when the debate is derailed with "you simply worship the guy and see no wrong", the discussion is done.

Then there are the flat out lies, nazi, insurrection, end of democracy, shutting down the voting system, hates black folks, hates Hispanics, just ad nauseum.

So I agree, the political forum has gone downhill and is no longer capable of supporting debate, which is sad.  I can make a reasonable case of why I can support Trump and have many times, all while not liking the guy one bit, it's simply the best of the two choices.  But I can't do this without hearing the red hatted fool, Trump worshipper, and what I never hear is a reasonable explanation from the other side as to why they will support Biden/Harris...ever.

I say negative stuff about Biden and Harris all the time, simply show me where I'm wrong, it's not smearing.

19 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

you did it again.

something from nothing into something else.

That’s the thing… you flap your jowls about progressives being “the progress of EVIL,” but then cry when somebody points one of the many “progressive” ideas that took hold and time has proved to be anything but “EVIL.”

I’m not too worried about the banter on here… it’s good-natured, for the most part. 

I also expect to see less and less of it as Election Day approaches. You can already see a lot less participation from the Trump supporters since the tide has turned completely in Harris’s favor. I suspect to see a few bitter Trump supporters stick it out, but most will just go someplace quiet and lick their wounds. 

Hopefully 2024 will teach some hard lessons to the Rs about nominating (and renominating) jerks. 

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

the tide has turned completely in Harris’s favor.

You didn't see Vance today taking questions from reporters. He was impressive.  He had off the cuff GOOD responses.......Her is going to be a good debater. He was blasting Kamala for 16 days and not one back and forth with reporters. 

46 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That’s the thing… you flap your jowls about progressives being “the progress of EVIL,” but then cry when somebody points one of the many “progressive” ideas that took hold and time has proved to be anything but “EVIL.”

Depends on what you mean progressive.

ending slavery is progress

men sharing locker rooms with females isn’t and anything else involving half the alphabet 

I highly doubt that those that ended slavery would be for any type of lasciviousness especially involving children. We live in a different time.

Apparently your ok with it…..your wife and kids must be proud.

or maybe I’m the one not living in reality and are just seeing things that are not really there.

i believe I know the answer.

12 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Apparently your ok with it…..your wife and kids must be proud.

Hey, now!  You'd better not bring wives and kids into this.

I got banned for weeks for saying that most of y'all would be proud if trump SA'ed one of your family members.  I crossed a line, and I will not make that type of statement again. Lesson learned. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

So what's your point?  You seem to think it should be one way or the other?  Reasonable folks know some things should change and others should remain as they are. It's a shame if you don't know what he is referring to by progressives and conservatives in the current political landscape, but then again, we've seen you transform from a self-proclaimed conservative into a democrat progressive apologist, all because Donald Trump took over your life.

Sad...but a little funny. 

If you are not watching the 2024 Olympics, you are missing great sports performances from incredible athletes.  Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone in the women's 400m hurdles is a superstar.  She set a WR.  Gabrielle Thomas in the women's 200m.  Her dream came true...winning the gold and wrapping herself in the American Flag! If you have a daugther or granddaughter that loves sports, let them see great role models like SML or GT.  Qunicy Hall in the men's 400m...he never gave up...he came from 5th place back to win the gold.  Noah Lyles in the 100m, Cole Hocker in the men's 1500m, Kenny Bednarek and Noah Lyles finishing 2nd and 3rd in the men's 200m, and Tara Davis-Woodhall winning the women's long jump.  Simone Biles has more gold than Fort Knox.  Greatest gymnast of all time?  I think so.  I'm not a big swimming guy, but the USA did pretty well in the water.  It's events like the Olympics that can move the needle on bringing the world together.  Sportsmanship still exists.  Yes, there are some a-holes, e.g., the guy from Tajikistan that refused to shake the Israeli wrester's hand, but that type of jerk if far and few between.  Don't let politics stop you from watching great athletes all over the world...in particluar the great athletes from the USA.