As the Tide Turns

UT alum

8 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Read ‘em and weep. And it’s only just begun. I have yet to hear Trump make any remarks that will attract any new voters. He can’t stop preaching to his choir

This is the hidden content, please

But the guys who call Joe Biden “Joebama” to remind everybody that Biden used to work for a black guy LOVE it when Trump goes in on race or gender…. Right, Reagan?

I think Trump’s plan is to do whatever it takes to make sure every one of his supporters turn out instead of trying to win the votes of any undecided voters.  He’s just blowing the racist whistle and to make sure they all show up and support him. 

And I think he also sees the race slipping away and he’s just angry. Not mad about the state of our Nation-mad that he isn’t going to be president again. 

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Read ‘em and weep. And it’s only just begun. I have yet to hear Trump make any remarks that will attract any new voters. He can’t stop preaching to his choir

The Morning Briefing: Dems Don't Know It, but Trump Is Steamrolling Kamala's Honeymoon!  The so-called honeymoon was/is nothing more than media fantasy!   Why no press conference?!  

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Careful......unlike Trump not being afraid to address black journalist, Kamala has yet to take direct questions from eager reporters.......

I know you're more interested in beating Trump versus getting a good President.  If you are honest with yourself, she was a horrible VP with no legacy other than watching the border get invaded. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think Trump’s plan is to do whatever it takes to make sure every one of his supporters turn out instead of trying to win the votes of any undecided voters.

I think his plan is to keep doing what everyone else tells him to stop doing. 

No one thought he would survive Jan 6th. His political career was over. Then no one thought he could survive the lawsuit's.....Then no one thought he could survive the criminal trials.....Then , not only did he get his case dismissed, he had a Judge rule Smith was illegally appointed as SC...then he almost was assassinated.......the entire time he just kept getting more and more support.....

Then he makes Biden have to drop out.......then the media plays Kamala like the next Obama......we all know that is not true. We have Democrats happy that the nominee can ride a bike and climb stairs without falling and read a teleprompter without screwing up........Trump has not lost any votes, Democrats have just got loud.......it won't stay this way

8 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

No one thought he would survive Jan 6th. His political career was over. Then no one thought he could survive the lawsuit's.....Then no one thought he could survive the criminal trials.....Then , not only did he get his case dismissed, he had a Judge rule Smith was illegally appointed as SC...then he almost was assassinated.......the entire time he just kept getting more and more support.....

Then he makes Biden have to drop out.......then the media plays Kamala like the next Obama......we all know that is not true. We have Democrats happy that the nominee can ride a bike and climb stairs without falling and read a teleprompter without screwing up........Trump has not lost any votes, Democrats have just got loud.......it won't stay this way

Has he gained any votes?

15 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Has he gained any votes?

I think he has. He went up in the polls and it has shifted a little.  Remember, national polls use popular vote. Popular vote has no bearing on electoral votes that the election is determined by. Look at the swing states....that is going to determine who wins

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Of course the race baiters take the name in that vein. Joebama is to show they are one and the same. Obama is the puppeteer. 

Can you give examples?  I'm just not sure what Obama gains from controlling Biden...

49 minutes ago, mat said:

Hillary led Trump in the poles. Just sayin’

But people in 2016 didn't like Hillary, but they didn't necessarily hate Trump... and a lot thought he couldn't win, so they didn't turn out to vote in 2016.  They didn't make the same mistake in 2020-Trump had generated an intense amount of dislike for himself, and voters didn't hesitate to turn out and vote for a weak ticket in Biden/Harris.   Since then, nothing has changed except most Americans LOATHE Trump even more than they did in 2020.  Combine that with the fact that every day hundreds (possibly thousands) of Trump voters die of old age and an equally large number of young people who see Trump for the bitter, angry, rich old white guy that he is turn 18 and register to vote.  

If Kamala just stays down, she wins in a landslide. She's going to announce a vp candidate any day now that will complement her- in other words, people who might have reservations about Harris or her ability to do the job will be put at ease by the qualities exhibited by her VP pick.  Whereas Trump just selected a guy "because he's a pretty big jerk, too."  The first debate was just an act.... Trump held it together the best that he could.  The REAL Trump is back out on the campaign trail now, doing the only thing he knows how to do well.... alienate voters. 

3 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

I didn’t say he lost any votes. I said he’s not gonna gain any.

1 minute ago, baddog said:

But, but, but, but, THE POLLS WERE WRONG!!!!

They dang sure weren't wrong in 2020!!!!

And for what it's worth, the polls weren't wrong in 2016.... People just didn't bother to go out and vote for Hillary because the media made it seem as if the race was in the bag for her.  Here's the other thing that no one realizes.  Trump's numbers were up in 2020, not because so many people fell in love with him while he wrecked our economy and ballooned our debt, but because they liked him well enough in 2016, but didn't think he had a chance- so a lot of them didn't turn out to vote, just like Clinton's voters didn't turn out.  But they DID turn out to vote in larger numbers in 2020, hence the singe digit million increase in Trump votes.  

Trump 2028!!!!!

2 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

I think he has. He went up in the polls and it has shifted a little.  Remember, national polls use popular vote. Popular vote has no bearing on electoral votes that the election is determined by. Look at the swing states....that is going to determine who wins

Up in Michigan, up in Pennsylvania, I’d say that has a direct bearing on electoral votes. She’ll win North Carolina and Arizona, too.

3 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I didn’t say he lost any votes. I said he’s not gonna gain any.

I think he had some people convinced to reconsider their opposition to him after the first debate/Battle of Wounded Ear.  But the Ds gave them a much more palatable alternative, then Trump goes all "Trump" on the trail and the reconsideration was over.  They'll be voting for Harris.  I also think that most RFK voters will consider Harris more likable and go that way, too.  

It's not that Harris is better than Biden (2020), but most people can't stand Trump and will vote for ANYBODY to make sure he never, ever gets elected.  Most Presidents have a period after their term(s) end where their approval rating goes back up.  Bush, Clinton, Dubya, even Obama saw significant increases in their approval numbers after leaving office.  

Trump just can't stop being a bitter old windbag. 

3 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Up in Michigan, up in Pennsylvania, I’d say that has a direct bearing on electoral votes. She’ll win North Carolina and Arizona, too.

If she picks Mark Kelly, AZ will go D for sure.  

I think the only question is whether or not a combination of Trump's influence, combined with a horrible performance in the House by the Rs these last two years will cause enough seats to swap and we lose the House and/or Senate, too.  I doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised.  

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think he had some people convinced to reconsider their opposition to him after the first debate/Battle of Wounded Ear.  But the Ds gave them a much more palatable alternative, then Trump goes all "Trump" on the trail and the reconsideration was over.  They'll be voting for Harris.  I also think that most RFK voters will consider Harris more likable and go that way, too.  

It's not that Harris is better than Biden (2020), but most people can't stand Trump and will vote for ANYBODY to make sure he never, ever gets elected.  Most Presidents have a period after their term(s) end where their approval rating goes back up.  Bush, Clinton, Dubya, even Obama saw significant increases in their approval numbers after leaving office.  

Trump just can't stop being a bitter old windbag. 

Kennedy’s dropping like a rock and it doesn’t look like Don the Con and Shady Vance are picking many if any of them up.