As the Tide Turns

UT alum

13 minutes ago, baddog said:

This should sway some votes. Even the libs on here have to question this as presidential material…..

You had to go back almost 4 years to find anything? Trump makes her sound like a political Einstein.

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

But the guys who call Joe Biden “Joebama” to remind everybody that Biden used to work for a black guy LOVE it when Trump goes in on race or gender…. Right, Reagan?

I think Trump’s plan is to do whatever it takes to make sure every one of his supporters turn out instead of trying to win the votes of any undecided voters.  He’s just blowing the racist whistle and to make sure they all show up and support him. 

And I think he also sees the race slipping away and he’s just angry. Not mad about the state of our Nation-mad that he isn’t going to be president again. 

Here’s the deal, Card. He has so incestuosly packed the DNC that the party’s disarray will result in a misfiring machine that won’t have a consistent national plan to turn them out. Wouldn’t a filibuster proof Senate be nice? GO COLIN ALLRED!!!

11 minutes ago, UT alum said:

You had to go back almost 4 years to find anything? Trump makes her sound like a political Einstein.

It just popped up. Has it gotten any better? What an insult to Einstein. You will see at the debate.

2 hours ago, mat said:

Hillary led Trump in the poles. Just sayin’

Hillary had more baggage than an Air Bus, and Trump had months to hammer his narrative. This time it’s unprecedented, and he doesn’t have time (not to mention diminishing respect) to respond. Grievance, arrogance, and deceit ain’t gonna save him this time. That record’s scratched and broken. He’s a one trick pony and he’s rode that poor thing ‘til its belly is dragging the ground

1 minute ago, Big girl said:

He said yesterday that Harris just turned black.

I don’t care what she claims to be, and my strong suspicion is that most reasonable Americans don’t care about her heritage, either. 

“So let’s focus on that….. bigly.”

He’s just trying to remind the racists who/what he is….. one of them, and he appreciates their support. 

But you democrats didn’t care when biden said,

"I mean, you've got the first sort of mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a story-book, man," 

or when he said,

"In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

I could go on and on.

Y’all’s fake outrage is hilarious, you clearly know you’ve been falling lockstep behind him for no other reason than he’s a D (in so many ways).

Now you’re throwing all your cheap support behind an idiot that actually called him a racist in a Presidential debate.

lol lol lol

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Up in Michigan, up in Pennsylvania, I’d say that has a direct bearing on electoral votes. She’ll win North Carolina and Arizona, too.

This is repost.  Her on party as recent as last year wanted to dump her.  But now she can beat Trump?  LOL!!  Anyone that actually thinks so I'd like to know what type of 60's-type drugs these people are taking!

From Jesse Watters:   

"In Washington, DC, the words President Kamalina Harris was an inside joke.  Last year party king makers tried to knock her off the ticket:  New York Magazine, "The case for Biden to drop Harris. (September 13)"  Newsweek,  The Democrats shouldn't ditch JoeBama -- they should replace Harris. (Jun 28,2023)"  Washington Post, " For the country's sake, VP Harris should step aside. (March 15)" 

The Kamalina coup was in full swing.  92% of her staff had quit.  Politico, "High level Democrats are rallying to President Biden's reelection,,, because they fear the potential alternative: the nomination of Kamalina Harris."

Investigative journalist, Seymore Hersch, says Yobama dangled the 25 Amendment over JoeBama's head to get him to step down.  The New York Post stated, "It was JoeBama's big middle finger to Yobama.  'If I'm out, then I am endorsing her'"  We know Yobama was fuming because it's already been reported that he knows she can't win.  Plus he's furious that things haven't gone his way.  He wanted an open primary."  Like I said before, YoBama wanted Mark Kelly from Arizona.  " But JoeBama backed his party into a corner.  Yobama wasn't prepared.  That's one reason his endorsement didn't come until 9 days later.  So, what does the left do when they are about to lose -- they lie!   Now they want you to believe the woman they tried to fire is giving Trump fits because she's the next Yobama.  

A woman's view.  Miranda Devine (NY Post):  "She has achieved nothing on merit.  Every plum job has been handed to her by powerful men.  She is a man's woman.  Every woman knows the type and instinctively does not trust her.  Everything about her drips with insincerity."  Same new sales lady -- same bad product.  They can try and rebrand her -- but the JoeBama record is hers!"

A manufactured image -- to that we should all agree!

Latest DecisionDeskHQ Poll:    Arizona Trump +6.4     Michigan Trump +2    Nevada Trump +8.6    Pennsylvania Trump +2.6    Wisconsin Trump +0.6    Georgia Trump +4.4

11 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

But you democrats didn’t care when biden said,

"I mean, you've got the first sort of mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a story-book, man," 

or when he said,

"In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

I could go on and on.

Y’all’s fake outrage is hilarious, you clearly know you’ve been falling lockstep behind him for no other reason than he’s a D (in so many ways).

Now you’re throwing all your cheap support behind an idiot that actually called him a racist in a Presidential debate.

lol lol lol

Do you really think questioning his opponent’s racial identity (or insulting it, if that’s what he’s trying to do) is okay?

And can you possibly answer a simple question without falling into “whataboutisms” about people who aren’t even in the race?

52 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Do you really think questioning his opponent’s racial identity (or insulting it, if that’s what he’s trying to do) is okay?

And can you possibly answer a simple question without falling into “whataboutisms” about people who aren’t even in the race?

No, I absolutely don’t think it’s ok, the guy says dumb stuff, at least I’m mature enough to admit it. You guys can’t claim the same, it’s always Trump, never Biden.

By the way, congrats on being a member of the forum squad, lol.

What a group. 😂

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

YES, I absolutely do. Calling someone out for announcing her heritage/race, then changing it is not racist. That does not even fit under the definition of racism.  He is simply pointing out things she has flipped on. Democrats and haters will make it way more than it is, but I think people see through it.

I mean, he accepted to go and get asked unscripted questions from a known hostile (to him) group of reporters. When is the last time Biden did that? Do you think Kamala will do a townhall with all Fox reporters or say Tucker Carlson? She won't, she has proven she is not good at off the cuff questions and answers.....She is horrible at it, she won't do it. She is going to try and win the election without getting in front of reporters........will it work, that is to be determined. 

Also, be careful what you wish for, that debate she is playing up (and Trump is not I believe by design) is not going to go as planned. The issue the Trump team is working out is different rules than Biden since she can actually speak........

It is amazing to me that Trump has been compared to Hitler, who is responsible for the murder of 6 million people.........the left thinks that is OK but is disgusted that Trump calls out Kamala.......I can't see where people might think she is Indian.....

190325113405-01-kamala-harris.jpg?q=w_88 

27 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

YES, I absolutely do. Calling someone out for announcing her heritage/race, then changing it is not racist. That does not even fit under the definition of racism.  He is simply pointing out things she has flipped on. Democrats and haters will make it way more than it is, but I think people see through it.

I mean, he accepted to go and get asked unscripted questions from a known hostile (to him) group of reporters. When is the last time Biden did that? Do you think Kamala will do a townhall with all Fox reporters or say Tucker Carlson? She won't, she has proven she is not good at off the cuff questions and answers.....She is horrible at it, she won't do it. She is going to try and win the election without getting in front of reporters........will it work, that is to be determined. 

Also, be careful what you wish for, that debate she is playing up (and Trump is not I believe by design) is not going to go as planned. The issue the Trump team is working out is different rules than Biden since she can actually speak........

It is amazing to me that Trump has been compared to Hitler, who is responsible for the murder of 6 million people.........the left thinks that is OK but is disgusted that Trump calls out Kamala.......I can't see where people might think she is Indian.....

This is the hidden content, please

My points are these…. Anybody that cares realizes that Kamala was selected as VP in 2020 from a pool of minority women specifically because of this moment. To succeed Biden and become the first woman/person of color President. If that’s the kind of thing that bothers you, it’s already been bothering you. If that’s NOT the kind of thing that bothers you, Trump pointing it out DOES bother you-so what’s the point of focusing on that? The only thing worse than her being selected for checking off boxes is her being attacked because she checks off boxes, or at least that’s the way most people feel.

I personally think the debate can be disastrous to either or both. People will accept her being goofy over him being hateful every day of the week. I don’t think he’s capable of being reserved when pushed, and I think she’s very capable of evoking some very nasty responses from him.

The problem is this-his supporters think that the way he treats people is okay. But if you don’t already love Trump, it’s a huge turnoff. But he can’t stop it. Why would he go to a hostile group of reporters just to act like a bitter old racist? To make people feel sorry for him? No, to prove to his supporters that he’s ready to fight, fight, fight… and Americans are sick of it. Kamala would be stupid to go on Tucker’s show-and trump had the chance to be likable, but he was himself instead. Every move he’s making right now reeks of desperation.  I think it’s the biggest joke of all when trump cries about women being “nasty,” when that’s his bread and butter- his one-two punch.  That’s all he knows how to do, but then acts like he got poked in his (brown) eye when somebody else acts the way he does.  

We can do this nastiness and childishness for four more years, or it can all be over now-if you vote for her. It’s a no-brainer for people who aren’t infatuated with Trump. 

Comparing Trumps behavior to Hitler’s atrocities is just hyperbole and exaggeration… I thought you like those? Oh, only when Trump does it, LOLOL. 

I use the Hitler analogy a lot. Not to compare atrocities, but to compare their supporters. I’m confident that if Englebert lived in Germany in 1943, he’d be saying “no way! He’s not really going to put Jews in ovens! Herr Fuhrer means he’s going to build a fire under them, metaphorically speaking…. To make them stop being so lazy so they can stop stealing all our money. He’s Germany first!”

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

My points are these…. Anybody that cares realizes that Kamala was selected as VP in 2020 from a pool of minority women specifically because of this moment. To succeed Biden and become the first woman/person of color President. If that’s the kind of thing that bothers you, it’s already been bothering you. If that’s NOT the kind of thing that bothers you, Trump pointing it out DOES bother you-so what’s the point of focusing on that? The only thing worse than her being selected for checking off boxes is her being attacked because she checks off boxes, or at least that’s the way most people feel.

I personally think the debate can be disastrous to either or both. People will accept her being goofy over him being hateful every day of the week. I don’t think he’s capable of being reserved when pushed, and I think she’s very capable of evoking some very nasty responses from him.

The problem is this-his supporters think that the way he treats people is okay. But if you don’t already love Trump, it’s a huge turnoff. But he can’t stop it. Why would he go to a hostile group of reporters just to act like a bitter old racist? To make people feel sorry for him? No, to prove to his supporters that he’s ready to fight, fight, fight… and Americans are sick of it. Kamala would be stupid to go on Tucker’s show-and trump had the chance to be likable, but he was himself instead. Every move he’s making right now reeks of desperation.  I think it’s the biggest joke of all when trump cries about women being “nasty,” when that’s his bread and butter- his one-two punch.  That’s all he knows how to do, but then acts like he got poked in his (brown) eye when somebody else acts the way he does.  

We can do this nastiness and childishness for four more years, or it can all be over now-if you vote for her. It’s a no-brainer for people who aren’t infatuated with Trump. 

Comparing Trumps behavior to Hitler’s atrocities is just hyperbole and exaggeration… I thought you like those? Oh, only when Trump does it, LOLOL. 

I use the Hitler analogy a lot. Not to compare atrocities, but to compare their supporters. I’m confident that if Englebert lived in Germany in 1943, he’d be saying “no way! He’s not really going to put Jews in ovens! Herr Fuhrer means he’s going to build a fire under them, metaphorically speaking…. To make them stop being so lazy so they can stop stealing all our money. He’s Germany first!”

You say Harris is simply goofy and it shows your complete ignorance of any political stances she has taken in the past.  She is the most liberal candidate we have ever had, by far.

Maybe if you and the squad took a break from posting your nonsense and spent a little time reading news, you would figure out that informed folks concerns about Harris go much deeper than her being goofy.

14 hours ago, Big girl said:

He said yesterday that Harris just turned black.

So what? She turned southern with a fake southern accent. She’s a chameleon. I guess to get the Asian vote, she’ll say, “Don’t forget, I’m half Asian.”

7 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You say Harris is simply goofy and it shows your complete ignorance of any political stances she has taken in the past.  She is the most liberal candidate we have ever had, by far.

Maybe if you and the squad took a break from posting your nonsense and spent a little time reading news, you would figure out that informed folks concerns about Harris go much deeper than her being goofy.

2000- “Al gore is the most tree-hugging liberal candidate the Dems have ever had .”

2004- John Kerry is the most liberal, war-dodging candidate the Dems have ever had.”

2008- “That Muslim from Kenya is the most liberal candidate we’ve ever had.”

2012- “Barack HUSSEIN Obama has been the most liberal president we’ve ever had.  We won’t survive four more years of this .”

2016-“Killary Clinton was the most liberal senator that’s ever been elected .”

2020- “Joe Biden is the most liberal Senator/former vp that’s ever tried to be our President” while Bernie Sanders sits in a folding lawn chair wearing a $46 suit and refusing to pay for a haircut. 

2024-“Kamala Harris is the most….. blah, blah, blah….”

You see my point, Chicken Little?

35 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Anybody that cares realizes that Kamala was selected as VP in 2020 from a pool of minority women specifically because of this moment.

You kinda made my point.  I agree with you that Biden said he would pick a black VP, and he did pick from a pool of minority women.....which would make her, by definition a DEI hire.  I have no problem with that, a President can pick whoever he wants. The problem I have is the media and this administration denying she was a DEI pick...... If they think DEI is so great, then just admit it.......

14 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

2000- “Al gore is the most tree-hugging liberal candidate the Dems have ever had .”

2004- John Kerry is the most liberal, war-dodging candidate the Dems have ever had.”

2012- “Barack HUSSEIN Obama has been the most liberal president we’ve ever had.  We won’t survive four more years of this .”

2020- “Joe Biden is the most liberal Senator/former vp that’s ever tried to be our President” while Bernie Sanders sits in a folding lawn chair wearing a $46 suit and refusing to pay for a haircut. 

And Democrats do this with every Republican......

That is called politics 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

And you continue to show your ignorance.

She’s great, just a little goofy.

This from the guy that says Trump will end democracy.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

And you continue to show your ignorance.

She’s great, just a little goofy.

You seem to forget that our opinions don’t matter in the grand scheme of things. We’re conservative-we can typically be counted on to vote as conservatives. The ones who aren’t sure-the moderates and undecided voters are who determine who will be the next President. 

Her record doesn’t matter. Trump’s record doesn’t matter. What matters is who those undecideds are going to vote for. And they don’t care about records, races, or any other technical factors. They won’t vote did someone they don’t like. 

I know you understand the principle, because you readily admit that the battle will be won in the swing states, by fewer than 40k votes in 2020. But you act like you don’t understand why undecideds votes are so much more valuable than dem votes in California. 

On 8/1/2024 at 5:36 PM, CardinalBacker said:

But people in 2016 didn't like Hillary, but they didn't necessarily hate Trump... and a lot thought he couldn't win, so they didn't turn out to vote in 2016.  They didn't make the same mistake in 2020-Trump had generated an intense amount of dislike for himself, and voters didn't hesitate to turn out and vote for a weak ticket in Biden/Harris.   Since then, nothing has changed except most Americans LOATHE Trump even more than they did in 2020.  Combine that with the fact that every day hundreds (possibly thousands) of Trump voters die of old age and an equally large number of young people who see Trump for the bitter, angry, rich old white guy that he is turn 18 and register to vote.  

If Kamala just stays down, she wins in a landslide. She's going to announce a vp candidate any day now that will complement her- in other words, people who might have reservations about Harris or her ability to do the job will be put at ease by the qualities exhibited by her VP pick.  Whereas Trump just selected a guy "because he's a pretty big jerk, too."  The first debate was just an act.... Trump held it together the best that he could.  The REAL Trump is back out on the campaign trail now, doing the only thing he knows how to do well.... alienate voters. 

The point is, you can’t trust poles