LCM 2024

18 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Intresting to hear peevy mention a qb situation. The kid from last year was solid on relief when his number was called.

You never know how much kids can develop from December to August. It's a good situation to be in if he has 2 contenders vying for the spot.

The new OC is playing favorites with the Junior.  The senior put on 10lbs of muscle over in the offseason and has been working with a QB coach in San Antonio developing his game.  Sad, but it'll work itself out once the hitting starts from what I hear. 

20 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Intresting to hear peevy mention a qb situation. The kid from last year was solid on relief when his number was called.

He(senior this year) was on JV for first 3 game last year for some reason.  They put the other kid(junior this year) in versus Kincaid and he went 3 and out and told the coaches not to put him back in.  Quit on the team and the coaches.  The senior this year went in and scored the only TD's versus Kincaid and Lumberton and finished out the season when the #1 went down.  Not sure if this new OC has any idea what he's doing.  Hard to understand why Peevey would give the OC job to someone who's never called a play in his career vs Ed Dyer who had the highest scoring/throwing offense in WOS history.  Questionable move in my opinion.  

27 minutes ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

He(senior this year) was on JV for first 3 game last year for some reason.  They put the other kid(junior this year) in versus Kincaid and he went 3 and out and told the coaches not to put him back in.  Quit on the team and the coaches.  The senior this year went in and scored the only TD's versus Kincaid and Lumberton and finished out the season when the #1 went down.  Not sure if this new OC has any idea what he's doing.  Hard to understand why Peevey would give the OC job to someone who's never called a play in his career vs Ed Dyer who had the highest scoring/throwing offense in WOS history.  Questionable move in my opinion.  

Maybe said position was offered and turned down..

If they're looking for a run first qb I can understand the move. If I remember the current senior was extremely small and may not healthily handle 10+ carries for 8+ games.

46 minutes ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

Who is LCM OC?

31 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Maybe said position was offered and turned down..

If they're looking for a run first qb I can understand the move. If I remember the current senior was extremely small and may not healthily handle 10+ carries for 8+ games.

Not according to my sources.  He is supposed to be supporting the new OC from the box, but they're not utilizing him at all from I'm told.  

Also, the senior is 5'11" and 185lbs and comes from good football stock.  The junior is 5'10
 and 165lbs.  

18 hours ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

I understand that you had some challenges and frustrations with some of them. However, I would like to caution you on speaking negatively on kids. High school students can change their mentality and attitude year to year, so it very well may be a different story this year. I trust that Peevey will do what's right at the end of the day and select the best candidates for his program. I hope you will give them a fair chance and support them regardless of the decision. 

40 minutes ago, 3rdandGreen said:

I understand that you had some challenges and frustrations with some of them. However, I would like to caution you on speaking negatively on kids. High school students can change their mentality and attitude year to year, so it very well may be a different story this year. I trust that Peevey will do what's right at the end of the day and select the best candidates for his program. I hope you will give them a fair chance and support them regardless of the decision. 

I was in full support until I've started seeing some of the choices, and hearing feedback from the players.   Time will tell...I just hope they figure this out before district.  Peevey will have a bullseye on his back if he blows it this year.  These senior and juniors were district champs as freshman/JV, so on paper this should be their year.  

2 hours ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

I was in full support until I've started seeing some of the choices, and hearing feedback from the players.   Time will tell...I just hope they figure this out before district.  Peevey will have a bullseye on his back if he blows it this year.  These senior and juniors were district champs as freshman/JV, so on paper this should be their year.  

His record is what 23-13 in 3 years all 3 competing for a district championship? So after losing his highest assistant who's been with him from the get go he'll have a target on his back after 1 season? I highly doubt it.

I think they will be just fine regardless of who you want to be the qb. Cream always rises.

15 minutes ago, 3rdandGreen said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they win out in their district games. The HF game will be a good one and I will take LCM against a young Silsbee team.

Yeah I got them losing to HF (I’m really high on HF) but beating Silsbee… then going undefeated in district 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Can't really bank on that... A lot of times, that stat is almost meaningless.

Agreed, that's why I said "on paper".  But with 22 seniors and 17 starters returning the players are experienced.  Similar to Lumberton and Silsbee last year, all have been playing together since sophomore year.  Minus the D1 athletes.  lol

3 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

His record is what 23-13 in 3 years all 3 competing for a district championship? So after losing his highest assistant who's been with him from the get go he'll have a target on his back after 1 season? I highly doubt it.

I think they will be just fine regardless of who you want to be the qb. Cream always rises.

We'll circle back to this if they start off 0-3.  

Contrary to popular belief, Breaux was not a big loss.  Ask any of his former, or current players, what they think about him.  Play calling was sporadic and one dimensional, and he ran his best players(QB's) into the ground and got them hurt. 

21 hours ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

The new OC is playing favorites with the Junior.  The senior put on 10lbs of muscle over in the offseason and has been working with a QB coach in San Antonio developing his game.  Sad, but it'll work itself out once the hitting starts from what I hear. 

You said a mouthful there. Sometimes this is problematic depending on how much the specialized QB coach wants to meddle in the business of the staff. 

8 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

You said a mouthful there. Sometimes this is problematic depending on how much the specialized QB coach wants to meddle in the business of the staff. 

From what I'm told, the current coaching staff does very little to develop their skill players.  Current OC and QB coach doesn't do much in that regard.  The junior QB was also working with the Jasper QB coach in private lessons as well.  So these guys both had to go outside the program to work on their craft, other then 7on7.  

13 minutes ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

We'll circle back to this if they start off 0-3.  

Contrary to popular belief, Breaux was not a big loss.  Ask any of his former, or current players, what they think about him.  Play calling was sporadic and one dimensional, and he ran his best players(QB's) into the ground and got them hurt. 

Well, after your comments I'm losing interest in your comments. The only one ive actually heard that from is you..... A former state championship 5A offensive coordinator, now sporadic and 1 dimensional because the system requires the qb to run first and take some tough hits i know he ran a tight ship and success will follow him.

For such little development and such a horrible system LCM has darn sure been pretty good for some years since peevy and breaux was acquired. Lcm must have some elite level kids that I haven't seen around town for 20+ years for such horrible coaching while having great success there.

34 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Well, after your comments I'm losing interest in your comments. The only one ive actually heard that from is you..... A former state championship 5A offensive coordinator, now sporadic and 1 dimensional because the system requires the qb to run first and take some tough hits i know he ran a tight ship and success will follow him.

We're all entitled to our opinions.  LCM has an opportunity to do what no team has done since 1994 and win an outright dist championship.  I'm pulling for the guys, but question some of the moves by the coaches.