LCM 2024

11 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

For such little development and such a horrible system LCM has darn sure been pretty good for some years since peevy and breaux was acquired. Lcm must have some elite level kids that I haven't seen around town for 20+ years for such horrible coaching while having great success there.

Pretty darn good is having 3 winning seasons in a row?  The last 2 6-5?  I mean, I guess.  

10 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Are we talking about LCM or some other prestigious school?

I think we got sideways here.  It's obvious we both are LCM fans, so I'm going to say that I really hope they prove me wrong and make me eat my words.  Peevey has done a ton for the school and the program, similar to what David Williams did when he took over those first 4 years.  It's way better off now than when Crouch left, that's undeniable.  I'm old school, you're new school, we did things differently back when I played which is why some things the coaches do nowadays makes me wonder what the heck.  It's an exciting year with lots of potential, can't wait to watch the Green and White game Saturday and see how things go.   

2 hours ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

From what I'm told, the current coaching staff does very little to develop their skill players.  Current OC and QB coach doesn't do much in that regard.  The junior QB was also working with the Jasper QB coach in private lessons as well.  So these guys both had to go outside the program to work on their craft, other then 7on7.  

Ahhhh, now the story is starting to become clear. Athletes seeking out additional coaching is not an abnormal thing, players doing it because "the LCM coaches don't develop their skill players" is a completely different animal. I believe I can sense the problem now. Carry on Peevey. You are doing an excellent job. 

On 8/8/2024 at 11:05 AM, BEAR4LIFE said:

Pretty darn good is having 3 winning seasons in a row?  The last 2 6-5?  I mean, I guess.  

When you said "they don't do much to develop their kids outside of 7 on 7", from my information that I've got from current/former players, the OC/QB does a multi month Quarterback school that he consulted w/ Todd Dodge on where the QBs start in a classroom and learn the whole offense as well as use LCM indoor to work mechanics and throwing.  Sounds like trying to develop something there....

2 hours ago, TheOutsider said:

When you said "they don't do much to develop their kids outside of 7 on 7", from my information that I've got from current/former players, the OC/QB does a multi month Quarterback school that he consulted w/ Todd Dodge on where the QBs start in a classroom and learn the whole offense as well as use LCM indoor to work mechanics and throwing.  Sounds like trying to develop something there....

I get an odd feeling this is a former or current disgruntled parent. All of what he's posted has came off as whining and straight up wrong to me.... in my personal opinion.

11 hours ago, marshman said:

This thread been real quiet this week. Anything new out of Bear country this week?

I've watched a lot of practices and the Green/Gold Scrimmage last weekend. Three things that stick out to me:

O-Line will be their strength this year, They are BIG and all 5 starters will be seniors this year.

RB position is deep (they all look good running behind the big O-Line.

Defense has got to improve  before opening up at HF in 15 days.

QB battle is still ongoing but my opinion is the Junior gives them the best chance to win. He has outplayed the senior so far. 

29 minutes ago, BLUE_LEFT_LEFT_ONE_ELEVEN said:

I've watched a lot of practices and the Green/Gold Scrimmage last weekend. Three things that stick out to me:

O-Line will be their strength this year, They are BIG and all 5 starters will be seniors this year.

RB position is deep (they all look good running behind the big O-Line.

Defense has got to improve  before opening up at HF in 15 days.

QB battle is still ongoing but my opinion is the Junior gives them the best chance to win. He has outplayed the senior so far. 

VERY intresting qb take.

Defense had always left some to be had every year....in my opinion. Maybe the system isn't right.